Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: begging for gold
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:27 pm 

I am in the need for some gold. I need it for my mount so if you do not mind could someone or some people give me a loan so I can buy my mount for sity.... PLEASE I can not stand walking any longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

how much you need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:34 am 

I am not sure I have 30 gold right now. I will be heading to the deadmines to farm some greens and hopefully some blues. I am not sure how much it will cost me I have been told that it will cost 18 or so gold to train for my mount and then what ever it is to get the mount. And why does it cost so dang much to get a mount???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:57 am 

Ducky...you said you had 40g a few days ago? how did your money go down? If you really want a mount you should work on "gaining" money, and not spending it. (that is if the mount is really that important to you).

I don't mind loaning a little, but right now I don't feel in good faith that you are really going after the mount.

Did you train or buy new equipment? What happened to your gold? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 am 
Spammer

Most of the blues in the deadmines are BoP, so that won't net you much.

Resource gathering is usually the best method...It's tough to collect 100g at level 40. I was fairly thrifty with Arindel and i had to wait until level 42 before I could get a mount. I'll be willingto help you out because walking is no fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:08 am 

Ducky, I'll be glad to help, but I am a little low right now (leveling my Elemental LW is a bit expensive).

I'd also be glad to farm with you. I forget, are you a skinner? If so Tanaris might be better than SM. Also the Rock Elementals in the Badlands was awesome for drops.

I'll look for you the next time I'm on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:17 am 
Spammer

Turtles are amazing for getting leather off of as well as good selling crap vendor grays. Plus at your level you will get good xp as well.

They can be found on the east coast of Tanaris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:38 am 

Cordalis wrote:
Ducky...you said you had 40g a few days ago? how did your money go down? If you really want a mount you should work on "gaining" money, and not spending it. (that is if the mount is really that important to you).

I don't mind loaning a little, but right now I don't feel in good faith that you are really going after the mount.

Did you train or buy new equipment? What happened to your gold? :?

I did have 40 gold and I trained and went down to 24 or so and I am now back up to 30 gold. And getting a mount if very very important to me. And if you do not want to loan me some I would love to go out and do some quest or something with anyone to help me get the gold. It is hard to solo so of the stuff for me. Or if you can point me in the direction I need to go to do some farming on my own where I will not die 20 times in a hour. And yes I am a skinner level 235 or so. How do I get to Tanaris?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:57 am 
Spammer

It's south of Thousand Needles, after the mirage raceway.

And yes, training > mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:06 am 

Farm Scarlet Monastery, lots of greens drop there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:10 am 

Go south through 1000 Needles through the Shimmering Flats, you'll then see Gadgetzan. Make your heartstone from the Inn there. To the east is the coast and along it are a mess of Snapjaw turtles. They are yellow so they won't aggro you and they drop nice greys. They also drop a bunch of stuff that sells on the AH like turtle meat and clams which contain clam meat and pearls.

Skinning them will get you medium leather and thick leather (80s+ per stack). And as Angelus says you can also skin Turtle scales from them. I've sold stacks of 20 for 3g before.

IMO this is a better spot to farm than SM. Also the quests pay really good here too.

Some of the things I've learned about making money in WOW. I'm no expert but I have learned a little bit.

Get as big of bags as you can afford. On Maelstrom I think it's kind of interesting that you pretty much cannot buy 16 slotters but 14s are about 5g. Next, clear as much stuff out of the bag as you can before you begin to farm.

Get one of the mods that shows sell prices like Auctioneer of stuff. The whole idea is to fill your bags with good loot. Don't keep stuff that doesn't sell well.

Some people like to have an alt they can mail stuff to sell on the AH. Personally, I don't but you might want to try it out.

Try to buy stuff from your home City. Stuff like reagents and I think repairs are cheaper if you have good rep with the place. This alone has saved me several gold while leveling LW.

Pretty basic stuff but maybe it helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:58 am 

thanks I will head down there in the next day or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:49 pm 

Well I made it to Gadgetzan and well at first I was scared to death that I was going to die in a matter of seconds and it did not help that a level 50 something hunter tired to attack me as soon as I walked in the gates but then poof he was dead i started looking around and saw the little guards just kick the crap out of him so I am taking it that I should not attack anyone in town or I will die as well. I plan to start farming tomorrow night and thanks cow for the gold I will pay you back asap I only need about 40 more gold now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:45 pm 
Spammer

Yeah, as long as you can survive the first couple hits, the bruisers in Gadget (same applies to Booty Bay) will attack your attacker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:05 pm 

I did not know that. It is good to know.. And just so everyone knows I am on the Maelstrom server...