Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:47 pm 

So my main is an Elemental Leatherworker, L300, and he's crafted himself 3 out of 4 Stormshroud Armor components. (I was on hiatus when they introduced the Gloves.)

I'm looking at the Glove pattern (well, three copies of the pattern) on the Auction House in disbelief; between 100 and 150g each! Did everybody on the server suddenly get very rich? Talk about inflation.

I digress.

Neverminding the cost, my concern is that having all of these leatherworking patterns amounts to very little in the way of usefulness to an L60 player in the end-game, besides attempts at moneymaking through the profession. I've only ever been asked to craft the Stormshroud set for someone else once, and I've not been asked, or seen anyone asked, since. The only times I've used my profession while at L60 are for twinking some alts or friend's characters or making rugged armor kits for the Faire.

What _is_ a good profession to have in the endgame? Alchemy and Engineering struck me as the best options, given the item's desirability and/or usefulness in PvP or raids.

I'm considering tossing Skinning (at least) for Engineering, but I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be best to just lose the E.Leatherworking. Is there any demand for it in the guild?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:17 am 

elemental LW ARE good endgame, grind upp some repp with thorium and argent dawn and u can start to make some core leather items, wich are in demand, and alot of other cool stuff !
these recipies are wanted because of theres high resistance to stuff, and the cenarion hold repp gives u some fun things to :) im a elemental myself, and started to get some recipies that are in demand :)