Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maelstrom server
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:33 pm 

Ok we need more people on the Maelstrom server. At this time we only have maybe 4 or 5 people active on this server. I would like to start recruiting some people to join up on this server. Can someone give me a hand or at least point me in the right direction. How can we clean up the list of memebers? When I go there and look to see who is on line I see this big long list but only 5 or so have been on in the last 3 to 4 mths. Can we get that list cleaned up please. I really want to get more people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:43 pm 
Spammer

I'll go in, clean up the list (meaning taking off everyone who hasn't logged in within the past three months) and set you to a rank that can recruit, dismiss, promote, demote and change MOTD. If you want the list cleaned up more than the three month window I mentioned above, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:57 pm 

Don't forget there are a few of us who are Avian, but joined another guild for end-game posibilities. ( Krynyr, Cowbearcat, Mollusk, and me..). I havn't been enjoying the end-game so much, and have pondered moving my 60 back to the Avian guild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:46 pm 

The 3 month thing is good. At this time most of us are at level 50 or very close to it. I would just like more people so that when i get on during the week if I want to try and do some quest that require more than just me I can try and get some members to help out or I can help out some people. i hate getting on and being the only person on. And I hate PUGs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:27 pm 
Spammer

Even tho Krynyr is in Maleficium, he is always in the SoA channel. If you need help running somthing please send him a tell. He is currently needing to run Strat and Scholo which will align our interests even more once you are close to 60.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:11 pm 

Yes, good point Angie!

Don't forget the SoA channel on Maelstrom. /join SoA

I havn't been on as much as usual, but when I do get on I usually always do a /who avian. And i'm on the SoA channel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:04 am 

I'm always on the SoA channel and it's usually pretty bare. :(

Look me up Duck if you are on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:00 pm 

Ok I will do that. I just got to level 50 at this point I want to level fast I am tired of being so low. I also want to start leveling another alt very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:49 pm 

So I was just talking to Jeger tonight concerning this recruiting thing.

I have invited a couple of people from the Scomp world to participate in the Scourge.

Look for a more streamlined process to be forth coming. I plan on working with Rock/jeger/manni/etc to get a good process and clear guidelines for what our expectations are.

The guild on Dalaran has been growing very well I think and I believe it is do to the direction that they have decided to take it. I would like to see the Maelstrom side of the fence head in that same direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:50 pm 

Sholuss wrote:
Look for a more streamlined process to be forth coming. I plan on working with Rock/jeger/manni/etc to get a good process and clear guidelines for what our expectations are.

You plan on trying to adapt Dalaron's philosophies? It's fairly simple from my point of view, if they seem like someone who is mature and can handle a casual gamers style, they are cool to join. This requires you to 'play' with them or at least have a nice chat with them. If we do start expanding the guild though, it might be wise to change the /ginvite permissions, right now I think everyone above initiate has them. Maybe confine this to Officer's and Above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:25 pm 
Spammer

Cordalis wrote:
Sholuss wrote:

You plan on trying to adapt Dalaron's philosophies? It's fairly simple from my point of view, if they seem like someone who is mature and can handle a casual gamers style, they are cool to join. This requires you to 'play' with them or at least have a nice chat with them. If we do start expanding the guild though, it might be wise to change the /ginvite permissions, right now I think everyone above initiate has them. Maybe confine this to Officer's and Above.

Yeah, permissions are pretty loosey-goosey (that's a technical term) right now. Lemme know what you want and I'll make the changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:32 am 

I like the idea that Cordalis had about changing the permissions to only allow officers and above invite people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:03 am 

Ducky wrote:
I like the idea that Cordalis had about changing the permissions to only allow officers and above invite people.

You have to do it this way...that way we don't get the "mexican" syndrome going, you let one in and they let all their friends in!

No, to be serious, this just allows us to set older members (who should know what we are looking for in members) to invite them in. It won't matter if someone completely out of our guild mindset slips in then, because they won't have any power, and we can BOOT them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:44 pm 
Spammer

That's all good. How about this: either you guys give me a list of people you want as officers and I'll set them up OR you decide on a guild leader and I'll just /gleader them (both have to be online at the same time).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:00 pm 

Rocklar wrote:
That's all good. How about this: either you guys give me a list of people you want as officers and I'll set them up OR you decide on a guild leader and I'll just /gleader them (both have to be online at the same time).

The officers are mostly longer standing members of Avian, so it's fine to let them accept members for now.

As far as Guild Leader, it would be nice to have one who is more often on the Maelstrom side. I'd like to be it, if no one else has any interest. If there is interest, let's have a little election for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:04 pm 

I do think we need a Guild leader that is mostly on the Maelstrom server. I would like it to be Sholuss(Grundak) or myself if Sholuss does not want to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:21 am 

I noticed you can't promote somebody to steward either.

Is that a position that you can have very similiar rights as guild leader? or is the definition of the member ranks only the GL?

Because that way it would work well I think. Rocklar can stay the guild leader, as the Avian representitive to WoW. We can have Cord, Duck and myself as stewards. And we can have the highest ranking other be officer for our alts as well as others who have been around for a long time that we know.

If that doesn't work, then I suggest the election option. I would like to do Guild Leader as well.

So that would be Cord, Ducky and myself so far in the running. If Ducky want's to toss his hat in. Who ever doesn't win becomes the stewards.

And yes, I was pretty much thinking of adopting the "Dalaran Method" (that sounds kind of scientific...)

New member = Initiate
Been in for a while = Member
Level 60 = Veteran
Trusted to make new members = officer

With the possible exception of changing the names to sound more scourgy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:22 am 
Spammer

Sholuss wrote:
I noticed you can't promote somebody to steward either.

Is that a position that you can have very similiar rights as guild leader? or is the definition of the member ranks only the GL?

Because that way it would work well I think. Rocklar can stay the guild leader, as the Avian representitive to WoW. We can have Cord, Duck and myself as stewards. And we can have the highest ranking other be officer for our alts as well as others who have been around for a long time that we know.

If that doesn't work, then I suggest the election option. I would like to do Guild Leader as well.

So that would be Cord, Ducky and myself so far in the running. If Ducky want's to toss his hat in. Who ever doesn't win becomes the stewards.

And yes, I was pretty much thinking of adopting the "Dalaran Method" (that sounds kind of scientific...)

New member = Initiate
Been in for a while = Member
Level 60 = Veteran
Trusted to make new members = officer

With the possible exception of changing the names to sound more scourgy...

The Guild Steward can do everything the Guild Leader can do. There are certain guild-leader specific things that cannot be assigned to any other rank, such as disbanding the guild. Have any of you tried changing guild rank names? I'll promote each of you to Steward and demote anyone else at that rank until a definite decision has been made - that way you guys can do what you need to in the mean time.

**EDIT**
Sity and Grundak were already at the rank of Steward. I just promoted Crodlar, Corliin, Wigit and Bashad to Steward. There were no other Stewards. If I missed an alt of yours, leave the name here - I just went by the name in the comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:11 am 

Since Sholuss wants to be Guild leader I will be more than happy to take my name out of the hat I am happy with just being a steward. I would like to see myself and Crod and stewards and Sholuss and Guild Leader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:52 am 

My preferance is to keep it this way.

I view the Scourge and the Sentinals as both Avian. And Rocklar was decided to be the Avian GuildLeader in WoW.

On Dalaran they have Perimiter Guards (I think that it) and we have Stewards. They can do the daily operation of the guild. But there is a main focus for Avian presence in WoW.

I suggest that we leave Rock as big boss and the three of us as the stewards. That way the guild can move forward on Maelstrom and we can have a consistant feel between the two servers for those of us that play on both.

I have not actually tried to change any of the names or permissions. I'll do that tonight and let you know what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:58 pm 

Sholuss wrote:
My preferance is to keep it this way.

I view the Scourge and the Sentinals as both Avian. And Rocklar was decided to be the Avian GuildLeader in WoW.

On Dalaran they have Perimiter Guards (I think that it) and we have Stewards. They can do the daily operation of the guild. But there is a main focus for Avian presence in WoW.

I suggest that we leave Rock as big boss and the three of us as the stewards. That way the guild can move forward on Maelstrom and we can have a consistant feel between the two servers for those of us that play on both.

I have not actually tried to change any of the names or permissions. I'll do that tonight and let you know what happens.

Thats really not a bad way to keep it. It's probably best to keep one WoW Guild Leader, and have a number of stewards to keep things going under him. The only thing I see even slightly being an issue is that new members will wonder why their Guild Leader doesn't spend as much time on the Horde side, but that can all be explained and rectified as need arises. I'd be happy to serve as a Steward.

And the issue of change names to suit the horde can be addressed as well.
Perhaps we should just come up with some different variations on our own and adopt or intermix popular choices.

Here's mine:
1. Peon or Recruit (new member, pending wing or full membership)
2. Grunt ( i.e. official member or wing member)
3. Veteran ( 40th level , full or wing member)
4. Warlord ( 60th level , full or wing member)
5. Steward (Main is 40th or above, and a full member of avian, AND is promoted through selection)
6. Guild Master

(for 70th we might come up with a new name as well, WarChief or something)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:26 pm 

I will be happy with what ever we decide. My main goal is to get more people on our server. Last night was great I got on and we had 4 or 5 people on which to some of you may not be a big deal but for us that great considering the only time we have 4 on is on Monday nights when we plan it.