Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5-10 Man runs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:06 pm 

The PG and Manni have been discussing setting up standing runs for the 5-10 man dungeons. I'll take responsibility for setting them up, provided that I'm not always expected to run them. I'll be there for as many as I can, but I do have 3 children who will take first precedence :)

My thoughts are for the following schedule:

Monday - Strat (Live of Undead whichever is needed). 5 man
Tuesday - Scholo (may be able to do 2 a night) 5 man
Wednesday - BRD 5 man
Thursday - LBRS/UBRS 5-10 man

It may be better to run a dedicated LBRS on Wednesday and leave BRD for other times so that we can do a dedicated LBRS/UBRS on back to back days.

Times would start promptly at 8 PM server time. I don't mean show up at 8 and then wait till 9 or 9:30 to start (like MC) (or even show up at 8:15 and expect to get in). I mean if you aren't there at 8 you won't get in kinda thing. If we do this, GEM is the most important thing. If you don't sign up, you won't get in. And don't sign up if you can't be there. If you don't know if you can be there sign up as a sub.

I'm interested in whatever feedback you may have on this topic and would like to know if you are interested. I'll set them up tonight if enough people care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:30 pm 
Spammer

Count me out if the time is restricted to 8pm as i am a familt man myself and can only guarantee 8:30 on select days. 8[m is possible but I can't commit to that time as it is all dependant on the kids falling alseep.

Where's Oxynia in this list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:42 pm 

I am not able to make a 8pm on any night really so I am unfortunately out, I dont even get home til about 9pm most nights since that is 6pm here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:33 pm 

Arindel wrote:

Ony isn't a 5-10 man raid, now is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:44 pm 
Spammer

Alokorben wrote:
Arindel wrote:

Ony isn't a 5-10 man raid, now is it?

Excellent point. Then how about this question? Why the 5-10 man raid interest all of a sudden?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:06 pm 

I could do 8:30 or 9, I just can't go beyond 11 so the time is flexible considering, but if the dungeons take too long then we'll have to think about that. Scholo can be done in 2 hours no problem as can Strat (provided no wipes). UBRS can be done in 2 hours if the crew is decently equipped, but my experience is at least 2.5 hours. LBRS can take as much as 3.5 hours depending on what you are doing and depending on a 5 versus 10 man.

Now as to why the sudden interest. Well we've always done the 5/10 man up until the point we started doing MC/AQ/ZG. However, a lot of people never finished the quests, got the loot, or whatever. On top of that we have a lot of new people who need as well as new alts moving into the 60's. The thought is that if there is a standing group each night with a task at hand then we can help move people through the dungeons and build some loyalty/solidarity. Hopefully this will also stave off complaints like we saw last week, where "no one helps me". This way their is no excuse. Also hopefully this will spawn others to start using GEM and getting their own groups up (especially when these fill up).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:08 pm 
Spammer

The membership has expressed interest in the guild providing more small group runs. This is our first attempt to try and address this concern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

thanks for settig this up!

I can make several of these tmes and my evenings are fexible enough if we need to push the time back a bit.

Personally, I have 2 recently leveld characters and with the guild growning as fast as it is I think nightly raids is a good idea. Even if we don't fill them with avians I am sure the alliance will take part as well.

Since the major raids happen fri-sun having these 5-10man options is a great way for the recently leveled players to get some decent gear while we wait for our MC/Ony gear to drop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:58 am 
Spammer

I can be on by 10-11pm most Sundays and Mondays.....

So I would love to hear from other Avians that are available to run 5-10 mans in those times....I dont really care where just would like to group with some avains

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:00 am 

Ok, I've set up runs for tonight, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I realize next week is the holidays, but at least runs were set up for all.

As a side note I need to remind everyone that dungeon runs can be set up by anyone. I would encourage everyone to do so, and to do so at least 2 days in advance. Last night a few folks wanted to go to ST but couldn't get a group up to go. When I suggested setting up the event in GEM, the response is "We are going now not later." But then when it didn't happen "now" as intended, no event was added to GEM and I bet they'll be back on tonight still looking for the rest of their group. Please note that most everyone isn't going to just drop what they are doing to help unless they are bored (which does happen from time to time). Again, set it up on GEM and come here to tell everyone who wasn't online at the time.

Post subject: Also
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:05 am 

I left off ST and Mara on the runs but can add maybe one of these every couple of weeks or so. Perhaps the best way to set these up is if someone needs then they can send me a PM and I'll schedule one during the week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:27 am 

This is a nice idea guys. Personally, I don't have much time to help during the week but will do what I can. Also, don't forget Dire Maul. There is some really great gear in there, not to mention books!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:25 pm 
Spammer

I gotta get in on some of this action. :)

Not being able to raid sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:29 pm 

Starting up again tonight.

<-- OH BTW. Can I get my rank changed from HG to PG?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:33 pm 

Ok, its obvious to me that this is an idea whose time hasn't yet come as turn out was light at best. Tonight will be the last one I list. If you wish for me to set up a run for you in the future, I'll be happy to take care of it then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:07 pm 

/sigh

I wrote up this whole thing and my login timed out and it's gone! It was terribly helpful..:wink:

Anyways, I'm too annoyed to try and write it again, right now anyways, just wanted to say thanks for trying and I had a few ideas for future runs.

I'll give it a go tomorrow or something

grrrr, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:22 pm 

I'm still here to help when I can, but I'll let the populace help drive the desire to set up a run. Actually we did get one off to Scholo last night so all hope isn't lost, just severely disoriented. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:06 am 

These runs are starting to shape up nicely. We had a good run at Scholo on Monday (although it only had 3 SOA in it), and we rocked LBRS last night with a 5 man. I'll keep these going as we are getting good turn out.

FYI - currently this weeks events are in the aviangem channel. I'm not going to change them cause there are already signups and I'm too damn lazy. Next week, they'll be in the proper channel (although how do I post a run in only one of my 3 channels? Anyone?).

A quick note on the rules. As long as I'm running them I expect people to be there in advance. When the time says 8:30 it means that we start pulling at 8:31. I expect everyone to be there in advance (and yes I understand that Dalaran sux recently for logins). If you are going to be late, find some way to let me know. At exactly 8:30 if you aren't there, I start hitting subs or Pugs for your spot. Last night worked exactly as it should. Everyone was there early except for Macrophage. At 8:31 he was replaced with Fila... Filo... aw hell whatever Vlad's Priest is named, and we got started by 8:40. We were done by 11:15 and would have been earlier except that Zor?? (the Warrior Zor?? see I can't keep you two straight either :) ) kept having Blizzard issues. So it appears that the time works great (at least for us EST peeps).

Thanks again for everyone participating. This is great fun.

BTW - I do have a run for Thursday set that I won't be able to make (I'll be on a plane home from Miami at start time). I need someone to step up and take the reigns.

Congrats to Loi for getting her last gem (grumble hax) to complete her Seal of Ascension Key.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:56 pm 

Well, I had pretty crappy rolls so I was sure you or Zorilli would be walking away with it, if it dropped at all. :P Thanks again for the help guys!

Like I said though, I will be more than happy to help you all get your keys too!

Also, I stealthed into LBRS today and turned the quest in. Now I just have the next part to do then, I'll have a key! Prolly won't be able to complete it till this weekend but, I'm on my way! :P

Thanks again Tony, for organizing these events!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:04 pm 

Anyone interested in Emp BRD run? I know some ppl have used the shortcut to get to Emp faster, but I've never done it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:42 pm 
Spammer

Gladian would love to go on these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:11 pm 

I just came out of an Emp BRD run with 3 ppl from Fusion + a 56 mage PUG. It took about an hour and half, but that was because 3 of us never done the Emp shortcut before.