Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to Kill a Warlock
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:32 pm 

Warlocks are one of the exciting additions to World of Warcraft's innovative PVP system. Players have the rare opportunity to fight a player of the opposing faction of equal difficulty to a boss one might find in an instance slightly below their level.

It is highly suggested during these difficult encounters that one bring friends; The warlock has many new abilities, and comes with its own summoned guardians, which have powerful and dangerous abilities of their own. A group of three or four is often sufficient, but five may be required if your gear is subpar.

Always bring a mage or druid; their Remove Curse is vital to survival. It is not recommended that either of these DPS, as they will be devoting themselves wholly just to crowd control and decursing! A priest is suggested for healing.

Similar to most instance and raid bosses, a tank is usually required. This is preferably a warrior--he has the abilities required to defend against the Warlock's constant use of Fear abilities. Make sure to keep him healed and decursed at all times, or the battle will quickly swing in the warlock's favor.

Beyond that, an offtank for the warlock's pet is highly suggested; it can increase your chances of survival greatly, especially since the warlock often uses his own 'Voidwalker' in scarily similar fashion! The offtank can also serve in case the warrior falls victim to one of the Warlock's many fear-causing spells.

Finally, as the fifth member of the group, a hunter is suggested. The added cast interrupt from the pet may be enough to limit fears to once every ten seconds, which may be enough for your party to DPS more effectively, and topple this mighty foe.

Unfortunately, as of the current patch, warlocks do not drop special loot (Outside the Alterac Valley instance), or give extra honor. Future patches may include these bonuses, and are currently being looked into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

nice!

Post subject: hmm (:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:19 pm 

lmao
OR.. you could bring a pally and some popcorn, and watch the show.. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:26 pm 

I never really have too much trouble with warlocks when I fight them 1-on-1 actually. Usually when I lose to one it's because I'm still in combat and can't get a charge off before he nukes me to death (only if Destro specced).

My strategy is always to try and get the charge and then hamstring immediately. I'm a NE so I can Shadowmeld to prevent DOTs before I get charge off. If it's a Felguard or Succy out, then fear it away. If you get feared, pop Death Wish or Berserker Rage right away and run back to the hamstringed lock. Save Intercept for Death Coil since it's unbreakable and will create quite a distance between you and the lock.

Try to Pummel a Shadowbolt, Fear or HoT, and the lock will be without shadow spells for 4 seconds, which is enough time to finish him off. Of course, after the lock is dead I'll soon die from all the DOTs unless someone decurses or heals me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:05 pm 

haha
my feelings exactly.

WoW - Fire Mage - RETIRED | SWG - Weaponsmith - RETIRED
MMOGGLERâ„¢ for online gamers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:57 pm 

Right when someone's about to kill me, I do this phase shifty thing and yell "It is not yet my time" and become invulnerable before despawning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:57 pm 

Zanedetorpid wrote:
Right when someone's about to kill me, I do this phase shifty thing and yell "It is not yet my time" and become invulnerable before despawning.

i lol'd
just like that one dragon in the caverns of time

Post subject: HA hA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:44 am 

Great Post!!!

Nerf Warlocks!!!! he he

Oh... and my strat for killing a Warlock... wait till he/she is fighting something else... and then unload on him/her! lol

One on one... type /sleep... cause that is what I am going to look like in about 10 seconds anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:44 pm 
Spammer

Here's a guaranteed way to kill a Warlock...

... roll a Rogue, Pally, or Hunter.

Warlocks aren't the kings of the hill anymore.