Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:24 pm 
Spammer

After last night's Maelstrom pvp grouping, along with the Burning Crusade looming large on the horizon, I wanted to make a post for everyone to share their fondest and/or funniest WoW moments thus far. Mine had to be last night so I will start there.

We have a nice little lvl 30-39 pvp group going (myself, Corlin, and Violentcow, along with 2 other friends) and are now in our 5th or so AB match of the night. All through out we are slaughtering all opponents. I think the hutner we were with had a db-deaths ratio of 25-1 in one match.

To spice things up this match, we decide to bypass the standard Lumber Mill flag claiming and go straight for the gut, yes, the Stables. We all bolt down the path between the Blacksmith and the LM, ignoring a couple dwarves that run up the hill to LM.

Stables still had some defenders there but we deal with them easily. We hold that node for a good 10 mins and finally get bored and move on to take mines. An epic battle ensues and we eventually force our way to the mine despite being outnumbered.

The stables falls in our absence, so we go back there to reclaim our prize. But we didn't stop there. The match was almost over and decided in our team's favor so we proceed to move up into the Alliance graveyard.

Now this is the pinnacle of our dominance:
2 dead squishies later, a lowly priest rezzes again to the sight of, gasp, not a frost trap in the graveyard!!! Oh noes!!!

So what does he do, make a beeline for the battleground entrance/exit of course!! Unfortuantely he narrowly escaped despite me draining his life and our resident priest already casting mind control.

I wish I had thought to screenshot that moment cause I couldn't stop laughing for a good 10 minutes after the battle ended. Thank goodness for "push to talk" functionality on ventrilo.

So that's my favorite WoW story. Sorry for the length but I wanted to frame the picture. Post your stories below, and I can't wait to make more of them come BC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:28 pm 

I'm glad you posted this, as it had to be the funniest moment in my WOW history too.

The image of this guy running out of the zone will stay with me forwever. What he must have been thinking is beyond me. I guess he didn't need the mark or the bonus honor much. He just didn't want to get killed one more time I guess. Maybe he thought "whew! I made it!"

Even as I write this I'm laughing. I'm sure you had to be there to appreciate it, but it was truly priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:10 pm 
Spammer

Heh, if you think about it, I'd be scared #$%@less as well if I were just resurected and had the ugly mugs of an Orc, Tauren, and 2 undead staring at me!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:09 am 
Spammer

One of my favorites would be the time we took 7-8 hunters, 1 mage and 1 pally into BRD to get our MC attunement.

We had alot of fun on that run and that might have even been the 1st Avian raid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:33 am 
Spammer

moonraker66 wrote:
One of my favorites would be the time we took 7-8 hunters, 1 mage and 1 pally into BRD to get our MC attunement.

We had alot of fun on that run and that might have even been the 1st Avian raid.

That was a good time. proof that dps can win the day :)
But, that was alot of water and food to make too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:53 am 
teh Referrer

Arindel wrote:
moonraker66 wrote:

That was a good time. proof that dps can win the day :)
But, that was alot of water and food to make too :D

And the mob of Pets....OMG That was hilarious.

I remember the the time The Trinity went to ZF before we Should have been in there. ( i think Milo and Joe was with us.) We rocked the instance, Some good fights...

Then we went to the last two bosses, And it went to shit.

Titanus Gained his hard to Break rep there as He was the last one standing on the fight. We all went down, The bosses went down, and the only ones left we three undead summoned mobs, and T.

T was down to nothing on his health bar and he proceeded to kick some ass.

I think that Fight came down to "Who hit who last" because I don't remember seeing any color on T's health bar. We cheered like we had just beat won the lottery when that last mob dropped. ( good thing all theloot was "warrior-ish")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:21 pm 
Spammer

Yeah, that might have been the best moment in gaming so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:32 pm 

Jeger wrote:
Titanus Gained his hard to Break rep there as He was the last one standing on the fight. We all went down, The bosses went down, and the only ones left we three undead summoned mobs, and T.

T was down to nothing on his health bar and he proceeded to kick some ass.

I think that Fight came down to "Who hit who last" because I don't remember seeing any color on T's health bar. We cheered like we had just beat won the lottery when that last mob dropped. ( good thing all theloot was "warrior-ish")

good damn memory....yes...love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:23 am 

moonraker66 wrote:

The Al's still tell people about that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:26 pm 
Spammer

Yeah I still recall that mainly hunter run. What a thing of beauty that was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:26 am 

moonraker66 wrote:

LOL! I remember that well, don't we have the screenshot around here somewheres?

10 manning BRD with a load of 60's... oh how the world of warcraft has changed for us all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:49 pm 

The hunter raid was a hoot... there were so many pets it was hard to tell who was doing what to whom. :)

The ZF incident seriously raised my heart rate. My son was standing behind me watching and kept saying "keep hitting shield block, dad!" That was the only thing that saved me.

I've had a couple similar incidences in other games, AC and DAoC come to mind, but none that was at the end of an instance. That night was when I really began liking the warrior class. :lol:

My favorite memory is running around with Guds, Manni, Milo, Galdian, Vognar and all the others we levelled with. We have some great people in this guild who like to have fun but are serious about gaming at the same time.