Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: @ bare durids
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:17 pm 

I know several of the druids are specialized down the feral tree, as is Ahnik, my druid. Anyway, i was noticing all the amazingly high AC items available through simple quests (some not so simple), so I wrote up a little guide to gathering the highest leather AC items available in the current game. I hope you enjoy!

I put it up on the Druid WoW forum, Here's the link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:01 am 

Nice work and good info Zane! Thanks for taking the time! :D

Famke: 70 Hunter (375 Miner & 375 Skinning, also cooking and fishing)

Nightngale: 41 Shadow Priest (300 Alchemy & 300 Herbalism)

Blush: 32 Mage (Miner & Skinner)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:21 am 

Excellent work. I appreciate the time you took to do that. And it also sparked some very good debate on forums.

Thanks!

And while I have the druid's attention... How many of you think we'll be nerfed soon?

I surely hope not, I personally think we are now average but it doesn't feel like it when I take out a mob 2-3 levels higher than me in 10 seconds and finish at 90%+ health.

It simply is mind-boggling how much damage I can do now. I know it's a whole new world but it just seems insane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:09 pm 

im a silly druid
that does lots of silly damage
and lots of silly healing
not so silly tankage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:13 am 

Well, considering that there hasn't been any significant buff in TBC that didn't already exist in the Beta, I doubt that there will be another nerf. I say another because there was already a HUGE threat nerf to bearform that wasn't in beta. Basically threat scales in an additive fashion instead of multiplicative as it did earlier, as well as dropping the extra aggro on swipe.

My understanding is that during the beta as soon as the majority of players had hit lvl 70 and started getting raid gear, that once again the lack of upward scaling feral gear began to make a noticeable difference for non-druid classes to catch up and far exceed druids in terms of tanking and DPS.

I expect that within about 3-5 months Druids will be back in the same healing-only pigeon-hole that they were in 6 months ago due to the vast difference in non-healing gear in comparison to what other classes are getting.

A good example of the lack of gear scaling is that the highest damage weapon available for ferals is equivalent to about 10dps lower than the highest damage two-hander. In addition, tier 5 has really good PvP stats, but it's quite contemptable for unidirectional use like most druids want in their gear sets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:58 am 

Yah, I am getting a bit nervous about a nerf. lol I too am quite impressed with the damage I can put out now. Yet I do agree with that Zane said, I think we will see more of balance with other classes, down the road.

I was annoyed at the tanking nerf and to a lesser extent, the downscale of imp leader of the pack. So, they had better leave my bear alone! :wink:

I also, with our weekend runs and lack of healers I've healed through all except for 2. I have to say Ramparts and the Furnace were easy but the Underbog was pretty tough. I can't remeber how many times I died but, it was a lot. (SS and Zane's BR were used many times) Vlad is a great tank but I pull a lot of aggro when I heal. I have never been spec'd resto but I can see how subtley, nature's focus and even swiftmend would have saved me and my party a lot of trouble. I can say with confidence.. Pre-BC, totally feral, I had no problem healing anywhere. 5, 10, 25, 40 mans. I think I did a decent job a lot of the time. However, the Underbog was a rude awakening and I'm not sure how well I will be able to heal... even with the time/effort I put into my collecting healing gear, enchants, pots, well fed ect.. I was decked out in the underbog and still felt like a like lvl 50 noob! lol

I guess we shall see ;P

Post subject: Two Commnets
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:21 am 

I have two comments on Famke's post.

1. " Vlad is a great tank" shameless plug... I mean really, he is ok!
2. "still felt like a like lvl 50 noob! lol"... hmmm... if the shoe fits...
:D

Honestly, I feel for you droods... you are by far the most verisatile, by far two often the lack of healing in groups ends put in the defacto healing roll... I have wondered for a while now if the addition of Shammys to the Alliance will help some to alleviate your being forced to heal all of the time.

Anyone know where Shammy's fall in the healing abilities? Better then Palys, not as good as Droods... or better than Droods (assuming it was a Resto Drood, Holy Paly, and a Resto Shammy)?

Rift/Gnarlwood: Nostro - Mage (Pyro/Necro/Chrolo - mancer) lvl 29
Rift/Gnarlwood: Stilgar - Cleric lvl 8

WoW days - Aegnor/Stilgar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:17 am 

I *thought* Shammys were like druids. Good healers.. can be excellent if spec'd properly. I could be wrong though, never got a shammy past lvl 17! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:11 pm 

I have a level 45 Shammy... my understanding with regards to healing is that they are better than paladins but not as good as druids.

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------