Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:56 am 
Spammer

Got Improved Drain Soul? Want to get 15% of your mana back for a small investment of just 55 mana... every time you kill something you're soloing? Want to keep your shard bag full and not have to worry about filling up your other bags with shards, and not be reliant on a mod to do it?

Look no further! I've got the macro of your dreams!

Wait for it!

Wait for it!

#showtooltip Drain Soul(Rank 1)
/petfollow
/cast Drain Soul(Rank 1)
/script PU = PickupContainerItem; D = DeleteCursorItem; PU(4,24); D();

This will make your pet stop his/her attack, cast Rank 1 Drain Soul (to get that soul shard and only spend 55 mana to get it!), and remove the shard in the 24th slot in your shard bag every time you Drain Soul. Just make sure your shard bag is the in the last bag slot, and adjust that number depending on the size of your shard bag.

Honestly, this makes grinding a breeze. I end every fight with full health and mana, a full shard bag, and pretty much the only time I need to lifetap is to give my Felguard some mana with Mana Feed.

Just CoA, Corruption, Immolate, Drain Life, and use this macro when the mob is down to about 10% health. It doesn't get any easier. And no mods like ShardStatus, eeShards, or relying on Necrosis' buggy shard deleter.

Hope you enjoy it like I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:26 pm 
Spammer

hmmm I may have to to this. Though my lock is solely a pvp twink at the moment so I am not sure if this is still convenient for a BG scenario. Seems plausible tho. Just have to make sure to time hitting it just right in the middle of a chaotic battle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:29 pm 

Angelus wrote:
hmmm I may have to to this. Though my lock is solely a pvp twink at the moment so I am not sure if this is still convenient for a BG scenario. Seems plausible tho. Just have to make sure to time hitting it just right in the middle of a chaotic battle.

It may also help me steal a HK from you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:35 pm 
Spammer

Angelus wrote:

It's probably better for a PvE warlock, but it would be great in PvP if you are fighting only one guy who is just about to die from your DoTs and you want to drain his soul instead of /spit on him as he dies.

Too bad you can't talk to the opposite faction, you could always say something like:
"I'll use the soul shard I rip from you to kill your family."
/evillaugh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:40 pm 

Angus MacGregor wrote:
Angelus wrote:

It's probably better for a PvE warlock, but it would be great in PvP if you are fighting only one guy who is just about to die from your DoTs and you want to drain his soul instead of /spit on him as he dies.

Too bad you can't talk to the opposite faction, you could always say something like:
/evillaugh

You belong on a PVP-RP server with a line like that! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:19 pm 
Spammer

GodOfGophers wrote:
Angus MacGregor wrote:
Angelus wrote:

/evillaugh

You belong on a PVP-RP server with a line like that! :)

Well, if I wasn't stuck on dialup out here in the boonies (which puts me at a big PvP disadvantage) and if the thought of getting ganked all the time while trying to level didn't fill me with dread.... I'd probably do it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:06 pm 
Spammer

I just read the spell on wowhead to be certain and drain soul grants a shard even if the casting warlock doesn't give the death blow. As long as the dude dies while draining you get the shard.

Given my new found love of shadowburn and its soul shard as a requirement, I really have to watch my shard count. Shouldn't be that tough to pop a drain soul on someone b4 they die by my or any other Horde hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:30 pm 
Spammer

Angelus wrote:
I just read the spell on wowhead to be certain and drain soul grants a shard even if the casting warlock doesn't give the death blow. As long as the dude dies while draining you get the shard.

Given my new found love of shadowburn and its soul shard as a requirement, I really have to watch my shard count. Shouldn't be that tough to pop a drain soul on someone b4 they die by my or any other Horde hand.

Yep, it's true. If you have Drain Soul on a mob when it dies, you get a shard, no matter who lands the killing blow.

However... if you have the talent Improved Drain Soul, and anyone else but you (even your pet) lands the killing blow, you do not get the 15% mana back. You only get it if you make the killing blow, either with a weapon, spell, or DoT tick. This macro takes care of that. It tells your pet to stop attacking and return to you before the mob dies, so you get the killing blow and the mana boost.