Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:32 pm 

More info released for a new instance:
http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6 ... es;title;6

Also it seems that a built-in voice chat is coming in the near future, as well as guild banks.

Last edited by Thermoon on Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:23 pm 
Spammer

Great news!! I saw that place on the map of Ghostlands and was so disappointed I could not go there. Was hoping it would have been a new lvl 20-25 or so dungeon at the times.

Also - Swift - hold off on renting Vent or TS space it appears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:35 am 

I knew about the wow voice chat coming. That news has been out for a bit. The plan is to get vent for PotBS.

That dungeon does sound good. ZF and ZG are both pretty good designs imo. Hopefully the trolls will be a good fun challenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:36 pm 

Woot - a 10-man instance that you don't have to grind for a year to get inside.

WoW - Fire Mage - RETIRED | SWG - Weaponsmith - RETIRED
MMOGGLERâ„¢ for online gamers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:09 pm 

Posted by Tigole on the Raids and Dungeons Forum:

Quote:
I've been following a lot of the reactions on the WoW forums as well as the fansite forums to our announcement of Zul'Aman. I've noticed that there's a little bit of confusion as to some comments that were made in various articles that said that (I am paraphrasing here) "Zul'Aman will be more casual than Karazhan."'

Of course, what most of us in the WoW community have come to realize over the past few years is that the term "casual" means different things to different people. In fact, I am at the point where I try to avoid using the term at all. I've come to discover that most players consider themselves "Casual" when it supports their argument and likewise, they think of themselves as "hardcore" when convenient. We have the largest Casual Hardcore (or Hardcore Casual) community of any MMO out there!

All joking aside, the clarification is this:

--Zul'Aman will be a 10-person raid zone
--Zul'Aman will be on a quicker reset than 7 days (some might call this "casual")
--Zul'Aman will be MORE difficult than Karazhan and drop better loot (some might call this hardcore)
--Zul'Aman will feature 6 bosses and it's our goal that you can kill them all in one night -- perhaps 2-3 hour clear times (some might call this casual)
--Zul'Aman will not have a key requirement. Nor will it have an attunement quest\ (some might call this casual)
--Zul'Aman will have a VERY challenging timed quest for those who choose to participate in it. This *will be* hardcore and will be very rewarding. Players do not have to engage in the timed run (very similar to the Baron run in Stratholme)
--We're tuning the first boss in Zul'Aman to require less raid coordination than some other raid bosses. He will still hit very hard so you'll need to be geared properly but it won't take 15 minutes to explain the fight. It will be a simple yet challenging fight. The other boss fights get more complex and challenging from there. If players want a basis of comparison, imagine the tuning of ZA started around Nightbane/Prince difficulty and ramped up from there.

ZA is a very cool looking zone. It will feature brand new troll models -- Forest Trolls. They are very impressive looking. There will also be a large amount of brand new item art in the zone. We'll get screenshots of this out soon.

I know this question is going to come up so I'll answer it now -- Yes, you can totally skip Karazhan if you're an amazingly elite guild who doesn't have time to key up for KZ yet can face the challenges of ZA without gearing up in KZ. Have fun storming the castle.

Sounds very fun. A 10 man that can be pugged sounds like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:31 pm 
Spammer

Dunno about PUGing it fully if the fight difficulty is suppose to scale upwards from Prince difficulty. I think that is one of the tougher Kara bosses (well at least towards the end of that place).

A PUG would even have problems on the 2nd boss in Kara (Moroes). Have to have people follow instructions and ensure they stick to it.

That being said, a stable grp of 4-5 should be able to at least get some attempts at it by filling in with random peeps. Definitely not like trying to PUG ZG.

My thinking is similar to PUGing UBRS, could be done, but could be a crap shoot how successful you will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:04 pm 

My thought was it would be similiar to pugging UBRS too. Plus pugging is pretty much the only option anyways. At least for us on Maelstrom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 am 

From what I've read this new instance will be harder than Kara, with better loot too. That plus no attunement = hawt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:11 pm 

Update: Just found out about a Blue post regarding Zul'Aman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigole
I've been following a lot of the reactions on the WoW forums as well as the fansite forums to our announcement of Zul'Aman. I've noticed that there's a little bit of confusion as to some comments that were made in various articles that said that (I am paraphrasing here) "Zul'Aman will be more casual than Karazhan."'

Of course, what most of us in the WoW community have come to realize over the past few years is that the term "casual" means different things to different people. In fact, I am at the point where I try to avoid using the term at all. I've come to discover that most players consider themselves "Casual" when it supports their argument and likewise, they think of themselves as "hardcore" when convenient. We have the largest Casual Hardcore (or Hardcore Casual) community of any MMO out there!

All joking aside, the clarification is this:

--Zul'Aman will be a 10-person raid zone
--Zul'Aman will be on a quicker reset than 7 days (some might call this "casual")
--Zul'Aman will be MORE difficult than Karazhan and drop better loot (some might call this hardcore)
--Zul'Aman will feature 6 bosses and it's our goal that you can kill them all in one night -- perhaps 2-3 hour clear times (some might call this casual)
--Zul'Aman will not have a key requirement. Nor will it have an attunement quest\ (some might call this casual)
--Zul'Aman will have a VERY challenging timed quest for those who choose to participate in it. This *will be* hardcore and will be very rewarding. Players do not have to engage in the timed run (very similar to the Baron run in Stratholme)
--We're tuning the first boss in Zul'Aman to require less raid coordination than some other raid bosses. He will still hit very hard so you'll need to be geared properly but it won't take 15 minutes to explain the fight. It will be a simple yet challenging fight. The other boss fights get more complex and challenging from there. If players want a basis of comparison, imagine the tuning of ZA started around Nightbane/Prince difficulty and ramped up from there.

ZA is a very cool looking zone. It will feature brand new troll models -- Forest Trolls. They are very impressive looking. There will also be a large amount of brand new item art in the zone. We'll get screenshots of this out soon.

I know this question is going to come up so I'll answer it now -- Yes, you can totally skip Karazhan if you're an amazingly elite guild who doesn't have time to key up for KZ yet can face the challenges of ZA without gearing up in KZ. Have fun storming the castle.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5332&sid=1