Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New 2.2 PTR info
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:15 pm 

More info has been released regarding what is going into patch 2.2.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 7421&sid=1

Quote:
Pre-mades
Because of the very high level of interest in pre-made characters for the PTR they copy systems is very busy, the queues are very long and may take several days before your character is available. We are aware of this and the only solution is to be patient.
UPDATE: The queue still runs while you are on-line it will not affect the amount of time it takes for your pre-mades to be copied. You may need to log out completely before they appear on your character select screen.

If you get an error when trying to copy a pre-made it is because the queue is full and not taking more requests, try again later.

Pre-made gear and abilities
We are aware that some pre-made characters are missing abilities, or have abilities that they should not. We do not intend to make changes to the pre-made characters at this time in the test phase.

Passwords
The authentication server was updated with account information at the beginning of last week. If you have changed your password since the update it will not work on the PTR, you may be able to use an old password on the PTR but there is no guarantee that it will work.

Error 132 with Athlon Processors
We are aware of this issue and it is being investigated, Please be sure to submit any crash logs that you encounter while playing on the PTR.

Orc Shoulders
Orc shoulders are now the correct size, they are not any larger than they were before, it’s your imagination.

Voice Chat:
Yes Voice Chat is planned for 2.2. No it is not available yet. When it is available expect an announcement because we intend to do a lot of testing on it.

Guild Banks and Zul'Amman
The new features mentioned in recent developer interviews are planned for a future patch, they will not be part of 2.2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:24 pm 

I wonder if the pre-made characters have a selectable class or are completely random.

WoW - Fire Mage - RETIRED | SWG - Weaponsmith - RETIRED
MMOGGLER™ for online gamers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:00 pm 

Deak Almar wrote:
I wonder if the pre-made characters have a selectable class or are completely random.

I haven't been on the PTR for a long time, but when I used it last year you were able to copy pre-mades of any class on the PTR, I think it was 2 pre-mades per account. They gave you full Tier 2 gears -- at the time Tier 2.5 (from AQ40) was the next highest thing.

I'm unsure how pre-mades work now though.