Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2.3 Possible Patch notes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:02 am 

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

I really don't know how accurate these are, however, I've come to rely on this site for good information first.

GREAT SHAMAN BUFFS!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:39 am 
Spammer

GodOfGophers wrote:
GREAT SHAMAN BUFFS!!

I'm not sure if you can call them all buffs.

The changes to Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning have the potential to be pretty sizeable nerfs, actually. Lowering the cast time also lowers the damage coefficient for those spells.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:50 am 

Angus MacGregor wrote:
GodOfGophers wrote:
GREAT SHAMAN BUFFS!!

The changes to Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning have the potential to be pretty sizeable nerfs, actually. Lowering the cast time also lowers the damage coefficient for those spells.

Yea I have been reading alot about those on the boards. I was really addressing the enhancement talents, which seem pretty righteous.

Still, I would imagine those Elemental nerfs could be changed yet. The whole idea was to buff Shaman. Also, it's often the case with this game that the first impression isn't correct. Until they are tested over time it's difficult to say how good/bad they'll be, despite all the theorycrafting in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:42 pm 
Spammer

GodOfGophers wrote:
Angus MacGregor wrote:
GodOfGophers wrote:
GREAT SHAMAN BUFFS!!

Yea I have been reading alot about those on the boards. I was really addressing the enhancement talents, which seem pretty righteous.

Still, I would imagine those Elemental nerfs could be changed yet. The whole idea was to buff Shaman. Also, it's often the case with this game that the first impression isn't correct. Until they are tested over time it's difficult to say how good/bad they'll be, despite all the theorycrafting in the world.

Yeah, the Enhancement changes look fairly sweet. Elemental isn't too bad, and the Lightning Overload proc buff could make up the difference from the lowered coefficients.

It's way early, and I'll wait to love the changes or hate them until they go to Test and folks can give experienced info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:35 pm 
Spammer

Haven't looked into this in detail but I read somewhere that with 2.3 will come reduced reputation requirements to run heroics. Any one hear anything to confirm that?

If so, /clap to Blizz for removing at least those rep grinds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:51 pm 

This is correct. You will only need to be honored to run heriocs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:51 pm 

Angelus wrote:
Haven't looked into this in detail but I read somewhere that with 2.3 will come reduced reputation requirements to run heroics. Any one hear anything to confirm that?

If so, /clap to Blizz for removing at least those rep grinds.

meh, it wasn't that hard to reach revered and many of the factions you need to grind anyways for rep rewards and various other needs....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:36 pm 
Spammer

Its still a grind my friend. Its still a grind.

After all of those MC runs back in the day grinding out dkp points, I am as anti-grind as your can get. Sure dkp is not a WoW mechanic per say but the same principle applies.

BTW - how you been Sel?? Long time no see! Good to see you lurk here still :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:11 pm 

Angelus wrote:
Its still a grind my friend. Its still a grind.

After all of those MC runs back in the day grinding out dkp points, I am as anti-grind as your can get. Sure dkp is not a WoW mechanic per say but the same principle applies.

BTW - how you been Sel?? Long time no see! Good to see you lurk here still :)

Loot Council FTW! :P

as for grinds, I had to grind to Exalted with Sha'tar, Scryers, CE, LC, Netherwing, and a few others to get enchants and items.... grinding is grinding is grinding... :P

I've been doing well... Work is going good and everyday is something new.... as for WoW, I just left Dalaran a short bit ago to join up with Risen on Antonidas (not the BT/Hyjal clearing Risen) and we downed Kael last night.... :)

I always am lurking.... just not always posting... in the words of Raptor Jesus, "Lurk Moar!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:55 am 

I like it because I'll have to run less dungeons to get Badges. Some pretty good stuff coming out in the next patch.

And, I had pretty much written off any chance of getting my Epic Flight form, but that will change now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:28 pm 

If there is anyone else out there still playing, then the patch DOES go live tomorrow. MMO-Champion.com has the best recap of all that is coming.

Easier leveling for 1-60 (60+ sucks, IMO). Good buffs for many classes (very good for ferals) and some nice tweaks and changes to banks and mailings.

New daily quests for PVP, dungeons and cooking sound pretty good. Also Zul'Aman (new 10 man raid). Now honored only required for Heroic dungeons and much more loot!

Did my first Heroic on Saturday (Slave Pens) and had a good time. I'm looking forward to trying others and ZA too.

Season 3 then starts the 20th. That will be a MAJOR gear upgrade for much of the population. I know I'll be upgrading nearly every piece I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:35 pm 
Spammer

Yeah, rep grind for content proved to be a failure.

We can't even get 10 mans going anymore with the Dalaran server (been that way for awhile actually). Just waiting for the next good MMORPG...hopefully, Darkfall will be as good as it seems. I think they certainly made it easier on themselves with the perma-pvp/corpse looting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:13 pm 

Arindel wrote:
Yeah, rep grind for content proved to be a failure.

We can't even get 10 mans going anymore with the Dalaran server (been that way for awhile actually). Just waiting for the next good MMORPG...hopefully, Darkfall will be as good as it seems. I think they certainly made it easier on themselves with the perma-pvp/corpse looting.

Every MMO has its grind. WOW really isn't much different, at least in my opinion. And I'm ok with "working" a little bit to get some rewards, and the thing w/ WOW is there are a lot different rewards to work for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:44 pm 
Spammer

Than are you saying a potential failure is the slight upgrades of blues over greens and purples over blues? I don't really like putting in 100 hours into kara runs to just get a few +sta/int/+dmg over my current gear.

I'm just not sure their audience is all they think it is...Granted, their kinda in a new business model as the game has had a strong showing for 3 years. i wonder what the dropout/new account signup has been over the last year.

then again, once you reach the top, it has to be very hard to keep people focused on having fun. you'd need a much more open ended game than WOW is for something like that to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:17 pm 

I don't know how accurate their numbers are, but Maelstrom population is as strong as ever. Guilds are recruiting and progressing. World PVP is alive and I can get in a 5man pretty much whenever I want. Granted, being a tank helps, but that's pretty much always been the case on any server I've played.

As far as slight upgrades go, for many this is a no win situation. People will complain about slight upgrades and others would complain about upgrades being too large. Blizz's philosophy, as far as I can tell, with TBC was to limit the impact of gear on gameplay. Weather it worked or not, I don't know.

I still enjoy the game and I'm sorry I seem to be the only one here. But, I'll keep posting stuff here like someone other than me cares. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:29 pm 
Spammer

GodOfGophers wrote:
I still enjoy the game and I'm sorry I seem to be the only one here. But, I'll keep posting stuff here like someone other than me cares. :)

Where'd that come from (jumping to wrong conclusions)?

I still enjoy the game. Matter of fact, I've been having tons of fun lately...I just have a differnt way of enjoying the game than many others and my goal isn't on gear.

Obviously, Blizzard has a great product (as pretty muc heverything they have ever done). It's just they miss on things from tiem to time. Unlikely certain other companies, they do something to try and make it better. Glad to hear Maelstrom is going strong, probably more to do with PvP having a longer satisfaction level than PvE. Dalaran has been listed as a Medium level of activity for the last couple months when I look in on it...used to have server waits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:50 pm 

It's nothing against anyone, most of the Avians have moved on.

Maelstrom may be a little unique. In comparison to the Realms that started at the same time, we are horridly behind in PVE progression. This and the fact that we are nearly perfectly balanced population wise may be reasons that we get more xfers in than out, helping to keep the overall population healthy.

And while we have some idiots on the server, there are also pretty good people wherever you go and good guilds that are willing to help others.

I'm glad you are into the game. I hope you keep with it. I wish I could be a little less gear driven, but I have to say I'm pretty excited about upgrading all my gear in the next week or so, considering I haven't upgraded in about 6 weeks, I'm due!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

was really hoping the patch was today. I guess it wasn't :(

Maybe next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:57 pm 

iJasonT wrote:
was really hoping the patch was today. I guess it wasn't :(

Maybe next week.

It was certainly supposed to be today, unless there was some problem I haven't read about.

I'll see what I can find...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:04 pm 

I patched today just fine and am waiting for servers to come up at 1pst

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:26 am 

ALAS!! My computer troubles and troubles with Dell continue.

When I had my motherboard replaced last month the idiot tech that did it, did not update my Vista "key". So now I have to wait a couple days in order access anything other than the internet on my computer.

I will never buy another Dell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

all in all I would say this is an amazing patch. It added lots of the little 'would be nice to haves' I'm toying with a 23 Druid atm and the lowered XP reqs are noticeable. I can't wait for 30 where I get more XP as well as less needed to level. I went from 20-23 last night in maybe 3 hours.

Havent played a BG yet but I'm curious about the new AV stuff. Will also be sure to hit the new Marsh to check out all the new quests there.

and I know it is a small detail, but a FP in northern STV is awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:29 pm 
Spammer

GodOfGophers wrote:
ALAS!! My computer troubles and troubles with Dell continue.

When I had my motherboard replaced last month the idiot tech that did it, did not update my Vista "key". So now I have to wait a couple days in order access anything other than the internet on my computer.

I will never buy another Dell.

That sucks man. I have never had problems with them before. Maybe I am just one of the lucky few.

Though I really need to sort out why my cpu is so clunky (takes forever to boot up and launch applications).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:11 pm 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:
and I know it is a small detail, but a FP in northern STV is awesome!

Small detail, my eye! That is huge! I've hated that run ever since Liro first set foot in STV!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:41 pm 

iJasonT wrote:
I went from 20-23 last night in maybe 3 hours.

Havent played a BG yet but I'm curious about the new AV stuff. Will also be sure to hit the new Marsh to check out all the new quests there.

WOW! Can't wait to see that type of leveling in action. Wish they'd do it 60+ too.

There is a ton of talk about AV, some good some bad. Many are saying that the Honor per hour is down, but that may be people needing to getting used to the changes.

Anyone try the BG dailies yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:39 am 

GodOfGophers wrote:

I only one I've seen so far was for AV I believe. I have been grinding for EOS right now for a blade I'm trying to get because I keep loosing the roll on the blade from Prince! ARG! Dang thing has dropped twice now and I've lost the dang roll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:25 pm 

I was in ZA last night briefly with Dara and Azeroths Elite, it looks like a beautiful instance, but very hard. We were just in taking a look around and were wiping on trash mobs. Definately need crowd control in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:44 pm 

Going there tonight with my regular Kara group! I'm ready to get home from work to get rolling :) Can't wait to see the place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:09 pm 

Am going to try and go this weekend sometime. I've been reading up on the bosses. I'm not sure I'm geared up to tanking.

This seems to be a pretty good guide here:

http://boards.worldofraids.com/topic-8032-1.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:44 pm 

We took down the first boss pretty easily. We were trying to beat the time limit (yea, right .. first time in instance I told those goof offs). We did wipe twice before we caught on and got the hang of it. Not too bad for first time in there. Moved on to the second boss and just could not deal with the storm. We tried five times and I think we were just a bit tired (it was pretty late). Butttt, we also didn't read up on the second boss. We thought we'd have more trouble on the first so we concentrated on that boss. We kind of hooked and crooked the second and it didn't work to our advantage. Fun place though! I like the < 3 day reset. Means we can run it twice a week if we want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

GodOfGophers wrote:
I did, but Alliance never got close to winning Eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

I've done the BG daily for the past 3 days. the first two days we won EOS in my first game, haven't won today's yet.

11g and 400+Honor for completing them so they are a nice fast way to build up some casual Honor with limited daily play - assuming you win :)

I guess there are other Daily quests out there because it always says I have completed 1/10 allowed daily quests when I turn in the BG one.

I've been looking for either a PVP guild or a raid guild lately. Problem is I am specced and geared for PVP and have yet to find a decent gear/spec balance that allows me to both raid and PVP. I offer to spec to Hold/Desc but people just laugh ans say they would prefer a resto druid to a holy priest, sad times to be a priest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:56 pm 

Woo-hoo! Alliance won the BG daily today AND we took down Prince and Nightbane. Prince I've done several times, but, this was a first for Nightbane. Our first attempt lasted about 10 seconds :) It was very humorous. We all read up on what to do, but, until you see it, well, 10 seconds :) Our second attempt we got the big ugly dragon down to his third flight and our tank died. Third attempt was the charm. All in all, great Saturday run :)