It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dual-spec
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:03 pm 
Spammer

Coming to a WoW game near you.

From the WoW forums:

Quote:
Please don't bump threads, especially your own. We don't want some kind of arms race to see who can keep their post up the highest.

I have discussed the dungeon difficulty issue before, so I will just bulletize it here:

Naxx is an entry-level raid.
Many players have seen the encounters before.
Players were allowed to learn the encounters on beta.

On the topic of hard modes:

I think a lot of players do enjoy the challenges, especially when some kind of badge of honor is involved.
We do realize that vanity items like titles and mounts can only motivate people so far and we do have plans to offer better loot for such accomplishments.
We aren't likely to spend several months of development time on content that less than 5% of players will ever see.
We do understand that groups like a challenge though. Ulduar will be more difficult.

On dual spec:

The idea is to let you swap glyphs and action bars along with your talents.
It will be trivial to do in town.
You will also be able to do it out of towns, but not as trivially.
We hope to have this done for the next major content patch, but it's a big feature and takes some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:12 am 

This will be nice. My hope is that it will be soon and as feature rich as they say.

It's become very expensive and time consuming to change specs. With arena and a general lack of tanks and healers, many classes absolutely need to change their specs often.

And with the addition of Glyphs, there needs to be a way to change them out easily without going broke or having to go to an old world city every time you respec.

For some of you who have left recently, Inscription is a new profession that make Glyphs. Glyphs give some benefits to specific skills/abilities that your characters have.

For example, one of feral druids main damage abilities is Shred. The Shred glyph gives 20% more damage to Shred when the target is stunned or incapicitated.

These buffs are great, but are obviously very specific. Shred is not a tanking ability or healing ability. So, to maximize my heals or tanking I have to remove it and replace it with something else. And then replace it back if I want to farm or PVP.

Dual spec will be great but I'm hoping for tri or quad spec somewhere down the line. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 am 
Spammer

GodOfGophers wrote:
Dual spec will be great but I'm hoping for tri or quad spec somewhere down the line. :)

Now, now. Don't get greedy...