Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

TH wrote:
We will be making an announcement very soon about the upcoming Star Wars Galaxies expansion pack. As work has developed side by side with the Combat Upgrade and this to-be-announced expansion, we have decided to run one beta test for both products simultaneously.

We want to assure everyone that the Combat Upgrade will be a *free update* for the live service.

As a special thank you to our CU testers for your patience, you will automatically be included in the expansion portion of the beta test.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

hmmm what could the new Expansion Pack be? What is out there that we would pay for? Battlefields? End Game content?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Possibilities are Capitol Ships, Vehicle Combat, Droid Handler Profession, Hoth (although I don’t see the point of it)....

I just hope they don’t pull something stupid and put some profession revamps in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

eh...
Rage of the Wookiees

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

Now now Cyrus, you can't just go deleting your posts just because you said something stupid. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:27 pm 
Site Admin

Bunch of screenshots there too
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/734/734719/imgs_1.html

So...

New planet, Kashyyyk
Cybernetic Arms
Jedi Starfighter plus a new multi-person ship
Asteroid Mining
Some Weapons, Armour
New Mount

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:16 am 
Site Admin

well I guess this is pretty good. I wasn't expecting anything so this is something which makes it better than nothing...right?

I am actually curious as to what they have learned and how they will treat the missions. New ships and weapons are good and a new place for my Jedi to whoop up on some Imp Butt is always fun.

20bucks is about all it is worth to me though. Doubt Ill pay more than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:21 am 
Site Admin

They are doing them like the Village and JTL from now on I believe (I've seen their test templates in the files). Like the droid head one.

I think that article has some bits mixed up. IMO the Combat Revamp will be the downloadable part, and that is where the weapons and armour etc come from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:23 am 
Spammer

You know... I am kinda starting to miss SWG a bit.... may have to reup before the Combat Upgrade.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Mantison Tau'rus wrote:
You know... I am kinda starting to miss SWG a bit....

Me too. Rather than all the wook stuff, I would love to see SWG get a mission revamp where all the themeparks and all the crap missions get some love WoW style. I guess that would have to be a patch and not n expansion because you cant have 2 versions of Jabba’s. SWG is making such great improvements, really ratcheting up the quality of the game, it would be an injustice for the game to continue to have such lousy missions in the themeparks. It would blow me away if mission improvements and mission storylines were added one day.

The wook expansion is their chance to tie into the upcoming movie. They did the same thing with EpII, it is kind of like their work that GL wants locked tight, but needs to be released as close to the movie as possible. I hated the cloning facilities the game took from EpII, but maybe EpIII will give us more cool stuff. I think it would be an awesome chance to gain more customers if SWG and EpIII played their cards right.

One of the big problems I am going to have coming back to SWG is the solo attitude. A lot of the fun factor left for them when everyone started forming solo groups and quit playing together. Now that SWG Avian population is so low, I worry that the if I came back the game will still be a loners game. I like how I always play with 1 or 2 others in WoW… I think I would really like that in SWG.

It also bothers me how I paid 1.5 years maintenance on my house, yet in half a year I am no longer a citizen… indicating that my house was destroyed. I kept lots of capital in my two houses, SWG is such a rich characters game that the thought of starting from scratch really discourages me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:50 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

I'm sure we'll persuade you back eventually, Cyrus, it's only a matter of time!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:09 pm 
Spammer

kinda in same boat as Cyrus though I suspect my house and alot of my crap plus a decent amount of cash is still on my character...But If Avian is a ghost town none of that matters

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

LucasArts info up

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swgalaxies_ep3/

Quote:
Announcing Star Wars Galaxies: Episode III Rage of the Wookiees – Digital Download

Be the first to experience Episode III related content in Star Wars Galaxies! For those who own Star Wars Galaxies™: An Empire Divided™, they can download and play the Star Wars Galaxies™: Episode III Rage of the Wookiees expansion on May 5, 2005 for a two week preview of Kashyyyk, the home planet of the Wookiees appearing in the highly anticipated Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Pre-Orders begin early April 2005.

Explore Kashyyyk - the home planet of the Wookiees is being added as an entirely new adventure planet and space zone

Adventure through over 100 story-driven quests - Join the Wookiees in their fight for freedom against their Imperial-supported Trandoshan slavers or support the Empire in their mission of quelling the spread of the Rebellion!

Visit and discover several points of interest and adventure zones including the Wookiee-run tree cities, Trandoshan-controlled slave camps and the safari lands of the affluent Rodians

Pilot new starcraft inspired by Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith including Anakin’s Jedi Starfighter model

Enhance your character with radical new cybernetic parts that add special abilities and improve your performance in combat

Embark on daring new space mining missions to recover precious raw materials for sale to ground-based crafters. Surviving slews of pirates will provide unprecedented economic opportunities

And experience the all new combat system featuring new weapons, new armor, new effects and an all new user-interface to make combat even more engaging and fun!

Pre-Order Star Wars Galaxies: Episode III Rage of the Wookies for $24.95 in early April 2005 – don’t miss this exciting new chapter in the only online Star Wars experience – where the adventure continues this spring!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:17 pm 
Spammer

Thanks Obo.

That is a much better price than the JTL expansion. However, if what they listed is all they give us I really think this should be in the 15 to 20 dollar range.

Anyway, it does look like a decent expansion. Although I am hoping they add a buildable planet too.

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)