Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:32 am 

Found this in the armorsmith forums, and it seems to indicate the probable armor certs :
Quote:
Reconnaissance Armor
Ubese, Tantel, Mabari, Kashyyykian Ceremonial, Ithorian Guardian, Marine Rebel (Factional), Scout Trooper (Factional)

Certified to use it: Bio Engineer, Pistoleer, Rifleman, Smuggler

Battle Armor
Padded, Marauder, Bone, Kashyyykian Black Mountain, Ithorian Defender, RIS (Quest), Rebel Battle (Factional), Stormtrooper (Factional)

Certified to use it: Carbineer, Creature Handler, Combat Medic, Fencer, Doctor, Swordsman, Pikeman, Ranger

Assault Armor
Chitin, Composite, Kashyyykian Hunting, Ithorian Sentinel, Mandalorian (Quest), Rebel Assault (Factional), Shock Trooper (Factional)

Certified to use it: Bounty Hunter, Commando, Squad leader

Keep in mind, all this is subject to change. Also, if your profession is NOT listed here (most notably Teras kasi), then you are NOT currently certified for armor. In the case of Teras Kasi, word is they will be getting something like Jedi Robes in the CURB, hence their lack of certification.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:42 am 

Now that Composite wil no longer be the most viable armor, I think I may need some help stocking all the different styles, anyone thought about going AS and joining Emissive ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:33 am 
Spammer

Aubai wrote:
Now that Composite wil no longer be the most viable armor, I think I may need some help stocking all the different styles, anyone thought about going AS and joining Emissive ;)

If I complete the FS grind in time I would love for my alt to become AS/WS/merchant. Will keep you informed of my progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:43 pm 

Keep in mind that a rebel AS can only make rebel armor, so we'd need an imp also :)

(Luwin is reb btw)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:20 pm 
Spammer

Aubai,

Just wanted to let you know I put an office in the new PA Hall for Emissive Armor. I will make sure you have Admin rights so you can decorate it.

Also, what is your plan for residence? Are you moving to Tusken's Bane?

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:32 pm 
Spammer

Edit to the above - I am no longer actively grinding towards FS (just takes way too long and from the sounds of it is a waste any way given ganking possibilities).

As such, K'Rynn is working on a new template for post-CU work. I'll let you know if she has room for AS. Could be tight but doable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

I have Nanasawa, my AS account, I was thinking of bringing her back for the CU if only for a while.

If so I would have her specialize in one class of armor. Probably non Factioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Looking over the list. If I get back in the AS Game will will probably make Recon Armor as that is what my toons will be using. I should have a ton of Comp resources on Nanasawa and I will start looking for stuff for Recon Armor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:39 am 

I reactivated Daishus just havent been able to make it in game for more than a minute yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:23 am 

Thanks for the offices Gui :)

I have been collecting resources to cover most types of armor, but I doubt I can produce them all :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:35 pm 
Spammer

I have some issues with the armor certs after looking at em (changed around the ones and bolded em...Docs should not be battle armor..thats whats Combat medics are for..hell maybe remove all there armor certs for that matter.... Creature handler same deal they should fight through their creatures, hence they should require some other combat skill to get advanced armor. Rifleman moved to Battle Armor because the devs unless they completely revamp them have always been considered snipers/heavy gunners

just some thoughts depending on the stats of the armor and what not (since there is suppose to be no "best armor" but i dunno doesn't make sense for docs to be considered Battle Armor people

Though from an AS perspective you want to be either factioned armored...or Recon/Assualt cause those Battle Armors are resource intensive especially padded

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Docs are now considered a combat profession as all their crafting has been moved to BE and they have an active role in the field, although they have no offensive abilities (all the more need for armour).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:34 pm 
Spammer

I have a ton of resources that I have no need for anymore. Not sure if any of it will help, but you AS guys are welcome to whatever you want. I'll be moving all of it over to my house on Tat soon, and I'll admin it to you so you can take a look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:43 pm 

Ok, The armor crafting discussion continues in the Emissive forums.
(if you want to craft armor, but cant see the Emissive forums, bribe Obbo with a Guinness or two ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:08 am 

Pix of the new full suits :

Marauder armor

Tantel armor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
In the first pass of armor we had toned down much of the encumbrance to just subtract from your efficiency stats. There was a choice between encumbrance/protection until the HAM system was pulled near the middle of our internal alpha. All of a sudden even the modified encumbrance system didnt make sense after we had removed all the old stats. We deemed that if we reasonably expected most combat professions to wear armor they shouldn't have to suffer a massive loss of combat effectiveness. Hence the removal of "encumbrace".

Looking at Protection and Hindrance we see the following pattern(or should). As a smith raises the protection stats, the Base hindrance amounts will also rise. The hindrance system is a built in mechanism to keep players of the correct advancement level wearing the correct pieces of armor. This built in system prevents players from abusing any potential errant items, slicing etc. How does it do this? The combat professions are granted a series of "mitigators" if their mitigator is below the hindrance on the armor, then they suffer combat effectiveness/movement penalties for it. Smiths can push the envelope, however if broken loot drops ever get into the game, this should prevent players from wanting to use them because it would drive their hindrances up. This means we cannot let players experiment on this facet.

This leaves us with Condition and Protection and a much simplified system of armor crafting. This means a fairly straight forward crafting process. I did convert many of the old useless loot drops into a way to enhance armor, as well as modifying one of the RIS quest rewards so it would be useful on all armor, and you can see the Bio-Enhancement slot as well in there. This means much of how "good" a smith is will be judged on how they fiddle with the small add-ons you can put into the crafting. It should be a vastly easier process obtaining these as they now come in stacks.

Just wanted to give you an answer to why encumbrance was removed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

http://mg.web-cites.com/armor.html

All Armor.

Note: There are three Qualities of Armor for each type. So Tantel has a Simple, Standard and Advanced. Simple armor has 1/3 the protections as advanced but also 1/3 the encub and speed mods. As you gain Armor mitigations in your Prof you can/should go up to the next type Standard then up to Advanced at Master.

There are no Certs for these qualities but the mitigations should keep people from going up to fast. Basically it is the same as when in the current system you where to use a T21 rifle as soon as you get the Cert (novice) even though you have no speed mods. You could, but you would be darn slow at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:36 am 

There is now one -1- line to experiment on, so it seems there will be little to differentiate 10pt and 12pt smiths (one experimentation bar is maxed with a 10 pt smith). All these loot drops being neccesary for crafting means much more hand crafting and little or no factory runs. :?