Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.co ... on%20Buffs

Quote:
Inspiration Buffs

An Inspiration Buff will be the replacement for Mind Buffing for Entertainers post Combat Upgrade. Players will have improved XP (experience) gains, improved faction point gains, and increased crafting successes. An Inspiration Buff will be applied in a similar method to the current application. The only change is that to both the entertainer and player the process will be transparent. No action is required from either other than listening or watching the entertainer and the entertainer to dance or play. This is to provide a simple and easy system for both involved.

What is an Inspiration Buff and how long can it last?

Inspiration Buffs are the replacement for Mind Buffing post Combat Upgrade. Inspiration buffs will increase one's crafting successes, faction gains and XP gains. All Inspiration Buffs will have the same effect regardless of whether they come from a Novice Entertainer or a Master Dancer. This means that an Inspiration Buff from a Novice Entertainer and Master Dancer will be the same. The maximum duration of an inspiration buff will be 3 hours. The time it takes to get to this maximum will depend on the entertainer's skill level. A novice entertainer may take a minute to give you a 30 minute inspiration, but the same minute spent with a double master dancer/musician with +25 skill tapes will yield a 3 hour buff in that same minute. The buff is a steady application and not in the old system chunks'. There will be no artificial time listened' breakpoints that have to be met for certain gains. It will be a simple system of the longer you listen the more buff time you will get, up to a maximum of 3 hours. You can even leave an entertainer's session and come back to resume the buff increase without having to start over. (I.e. if you got an hour buff and then had to go to a bazaar terminal for a bit, when you return the buffing session would start from whatever you have currently.)

How does an Entertainer give an Inspiration Buff?

Entertainers will give an Inspiration Buff exactly the same way that they current give Mind Buffs. When a player watches or listens to an Entertainer, each successive "Entertainer pulse" will result in adding more time to the buff in progress up to the maximum amount of time just like the current Mind Buff mechanics work.

What does an Inspiration Buff affect?

An Inspiration Buff will affect the following things::

1) XP gain
2) Faction Point gain
3) Crafting Success

The planned bonus will be set during the Combat Upgrade Beta but it will probably be around 10%. When under the effects of the buff an Icon will show in the buffs window with the duration remaining.

Where can I apply Inspiration Buffs?

Inspirations are applied using the same mechanics and restrictions as Mind Buffing previously did. You get Inspirations in Cantinas by watching or listening to an Entertainer, Dancer or Musician for a period of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:40 pm 
Spammer

I like it! I like it a lot!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

yeah I do too. The Ents are up in arms over it due to losing the bility to charge, which makes since. Personaly, I love the chnges. anything that gets me ingame and fighting faster is good by me.

Always needing mind buffs was a huge Time Sink. Im glad its gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:59 pm 

It's a shame there's no user interface involved to gaurantee payment for services, but in concept, it's a great idea. Yeah, I'm trolling you boards. I love your updates on the CU ;). It would almost make good business sense for an ent to place an entry fee on a house/cantina to perform AFK. I'm not a big fan of AFK playing, but what can you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:40 am 
Spammer

Nothing to say people won't still tip. I rarely tip an AFK ent as it is. I'm not paying for someone's toon while the RL person is off at work, or at worse sitting at his screen, playing with his pied-piper at his sexxah twi'lek dancer, while a macro runs. Sorry just don't do it.

I think going to a PC cantina near the local hunting spot and paying a reasonable cover is perfectly fine under the new system. I also really like that idea as it might get some of the crap out of the major cities that way. I'd even go so far as to reduce the buff speed or max buff potential at NPC cities in order to get more people out and about around that galaxy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:10 am 
Spammer

Tetran wrote:
It's a shame there's no user interface involved to gaurantee payment for services, but in concept, it's a great idea. Yeah, I'm trolling you boards. I love your updates on the CU ;). It would almost make good business sense for an ent to place an entry fee on a house/cantina to perform AFK. I'm not a big fan of AFK playing, but what can you do.

I think cover-charges will be a great way to handle this. But I'm afraid that some Cantina owners will ruin this by keeping the cover-charge in place while there is no Entertainer in the Cantina. Tusken's Bane would best be served by only having cover-charges in place while Entertainers are on duty, and maybe finding a good way to identify when there are and when there are not Entertainers on duty from the outside.

Maybe Changing the Cantina name to reflect "Entertainers On-Duty".

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:41 am 

The TB Cantina is owned by a nonactive player, and has been a source of misery from the moment that person wanted to place it. Almost as soon as it was placed, and causing a lot of unneeded drama, he left. Needless to say, they're no longer militia and will never be again as long as I'm mayor. We've wanted to do so much with the cantina and can't because of the circumstances. Granted, I'm on admin, but can't change the sign. I'm not against adding another Cantina in town at all. We've talked about it before and I may bring it up again. I think MG has someone willing to place it, or if someone in Avian would like one, we can see what we can do. I have a deed for one already. (That was my plan B during the original cantina move, and I wish I would have gone with that plan lol).
I'm not sure where one could be placed since I'm not an Ent, I can't use the deed to get the overhead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:03 am 

Tetran wrote:
The TB Cantina is owned by a nonactive player, and has been a source of misery from the moment that person wanted to place it. Almost as soon as it was placed, and causing a lot of unneeded drama, he left.

If the cantina is a problem a CSR can help you remove it so you can have an active player place one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:38 am 

Aubai wrote:
Tetran wrote:
The TB Cantina is owned by a nonactive player, and has been a source of misery from the moment that person wanted to place it. Almost as soon as it was placed, and causing a lot of unneeded drama, he left.

If the cantina is a problem a CSR can help you remove it so you can have an active player place one.

I've gone through 4 CSR's already. Guess a 5th try won't hurt. It's luck of the roll with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:40 am 

Think we had to try a few times to get a house moved in AC as well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:08 pm 
Spammer

Aubai wrote:
Think we had to try a few times to get a house moved in AC as well :)

Yes, but I finally got her house moved after calling a CSR and bribing... I mean begging. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:32 pm 

i guess we will see how well it works eh