Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CU: PVP
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

Never have I had so much fun. Seriously.

Im a Mrifleman/MCM and having a blast.
PVP really is a dream right now. Ive been fighting random people all morning and winning! Granted the clear FOTM is MBH/MCommando/4000TKA everyone has this build...everyone!

Rifleman is 'ok' but not the power house I once thought. Im about to log two accounts and do some testings. The best defence against a COmmando is CMs Paralyze or Rifleman Kneecap which either stops or reduces the speed of the player.

Melee people are getting OWNED! Which in a way sucks but SWG is not clearly a ranged game.

On average my 1 v 1 fights last about 30sec-2minutes. I even won a 2 v 1 fight in about 2 minutes. I doubt they where very experienced in PVP but I still won!

Having less specials is actually a good thing. Get to know your specials and when to use them. try and get professions that offer different skills. Rifleman hits hard but has no state effects. CM has Debuffs but poisons and Fires dont seem all that great atm.

Anyway, dueling will be great fun now and large PVP battles should really pick up. The ATST is waaaay over powered. 2 shots from that and you are dead. ATSTs have and continue to be the bane of any Rebel PVPer.

Ill spend some time with PVE to check that out. Im playing mostly on Maili on TCEP3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

Well I made a Master Rifle Master Bh 0030 Pistoleer and I have won the past 10 out of 10 duels.

I think maybe Mrilfe/Mcarb/0030 pistol would totally own as well.

Carb and BH are the only ones with a Ranges KD. 0030 pistol is an intimidate shot.

What I do is:
Go prone, dizzy shot, kd shot, sniper shot. Then Eye shot and torso shot until incapped.

When you are KD you just need to KD Recover but if you are Dizzy KD you need to Dizzy Heal then KD recover. Buys you maybe one more shot.

When KD'd you usually get hit 1 or 2 times max before you KD Recover. It is a little hard to tell what states you have on you right now so knowing you need to Dizzy heal is a little hard at times.

Hands down BH is the best 'base' ranged profession. Get BH for the specials then get rifles for the damage. Remember you can use any ranged special with any ranged weapon now.

Ill try Rifle/Carb later tonight.

...dare I say it...man this is fun. Knowing I will not get straight up ganked is nice. But man I keep for the Melee guys. I incap them before they even get to me. And if they do I Kneecap shot then which reduces speed and then kite. Its brutal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:14 pm 
Site Admin

I take that back. Fencer/Swordman is a SICK combo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:39 am 
Spammer

Keep these posts coming Moge. I am really enjoying reading them. I'm so close to activating my SWG account, again. When does the Wookiee expansion come out? That may be the time I have to start doing it. I still need to get JTL, too.

Anyway, your posts give me valuable feedback about things. Plus, they are fun to read, and help me start learning about the game again. I'm way, way out of date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:49 am 
Site Admin

RotW comes out May 5th. You get a free copy of JTL if you sign up for the Digital Download so you will save 20 bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:23 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

iJasonT wrote:
I take that back. Fencer/Swordman is a SICK combo!
How so? gimme info! I'm planning on playing melee.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Armor Smash or what ever is an awesome special. I haven't played the combo yet but a guy I was dueling with all day changed to that. I owned him all day until he got fencer/swordman and even my Kiting him he just kicked my butt.

Talked to an MBH/MCommando and he also said that that was the only combo that could take him out.

I hunted Black Sun lastnight. PVE is pretty sweet. nearly everything on Yavin is lvl 20-35. Blacksun are 75-105. So I could only take out the lvl 75 henchman but it was pretty fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:07 pm 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:
RotW comes out May 5th. You get a free copy of JTL if you sign up for the Digital Download so you will save 20 bucks.

If you do this, do you still get a free month with the JTL expansion? Or just RotW?