Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CU: What do you think?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Now that we are live I am wondering what you all think of it? I played a bit this morning and so far so good I think. I didn't do anything other than Respec Moge and Maili. Im bummed that I didnt finish Grinding Moge though. I now have to grind a full profession with him Post-CU which could suck.

Ill be home in a few hours and will be able to get some good playtime in this evening. I am a bit pissed that all (over 2000) my AS Layers converted to Zero Stats. Grrrrr!

I hope they fix this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Well... I have a fundamental problem with the level system they put in. So I'm not sure how much I'm going to like it.

They took an easy to balance, yet limiting, design to meet a deadline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:00 pm 
Spammer

I will try and get in game this weekend, respec to Master Smuggler/TKM and see how I do tanking for you guys....

Maybe grouping is the only way to go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:52 pm 
Spammer

one of the points they emphasised when SWG was pre-release and when it was released was the lack of strict level system...so much for that

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:37 pm 

I think I am done with SWG again. Had a few things buggy with daishus and lost all his waypoints (so I had a heck of a time finding his house since I still am not to familiar with TB). There is enough credits in my house to last it another 180 days, I admin'd Moge and Gui-Jan to it, feel free to go through the stuff in the house and see if there is anything you guys or others in the guild could use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Im so freak'n pissed off right now.

I spend almost 2 hours making and testing new sabers since my converted ones suck. I get that done I travel to Endor to get a mission - since there is no way I would find anything lvl 75-80 anywhere, ever. I grab a lvl 78 Lantern Bird mission. Bam I get incapped in 3 hits, I stand Bam incap 2, stand BAM incap 3 I die I loose 200k XP!

I have no armor, I take 200+ damage per hit. f*ck this.

I really thought I liked the CU. I guess everyone can be wrong.

I'll debate wether or not to log in any other character or just to give it all up.

oh and for the record...GODDAMIT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

double post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:39 pm 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:
Im so freak'n pissed off right now.

I spend almost 2 hours making and testing new sabers since my converted ones suck. I get that done I travel to Endor to get a mission - since there is no way I would find anything lvl 75-80 anywhere, ever. I grab a lvl 78 Lantern Bird mission. Bam I get incapped in 3 hits, I stand Bam incap 2, stand BAM incap 3 I die I loose 200k XP!

I have no armor, I take 200+ damage per hit. f*ck this.

I really thought I liked the CU. I guess everyone can be wrong.

I'll debate wether or not to log in any other character or just to give it all up.

oh and for the record...GODDAMIT!

It is my understanding that Jedi are current screwed with the CU.

A lot of people are refusing to even log on their Jedi characters for fear of losing XP.

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:05 pm 
Spammer

Don't play your Jedi until it is fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:38 am 
Spammer

Based on my late beta experience and from what I read here and on the official boards leans me towards not activating my account again for a long time. I was initially very hopeful for this change but have come crashing down hard.

I will remaining with WoW until (if ever) SOE gets its act together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

Angelus wrote:
Based on my late beta experience and from what I read here and on the official boards leans me towards not activating my account again for a long time. I was initially very hopeful for this change but have come crashing down hard.

I will remaining with WoW until (if ever) SOE gets its act together.

Me too. I don’t know if I am just too new to the SWG forum layout, or maybe I have been away for too long, but I am having a tough time taking in what the CU had done to SWG. Right now the majority of what I read is all about grinding out X profession to respect to Y profession. That does not sound fun to me.

I had been so tempted to give SWG another chance, but everything I read says SWG screwed up again. Maybe if they offer another free trail I will check it out. But I don’t want to give SOE any false bravado by reactivating my account unless it is well deserved. From what I read it is not well deserved at this time.

Keep the Avian reports coming, they are the best info I am able to find.

On a side note: I feel like the level move was a bad move for SWG. When I went to WoW the level system was one of the tings I disliked. WoW does levels well… but I really liked how mix-matched groups could play together in SWG’s level-less system. To me this was one of the areas SWG reigned supreme. Sad to see it go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:36 pm 
Spammer

Here's my take on the whole thing...

I'm giving it a couple of weeks. I'll wait and see what changes and what gets fixed, and I'm sure a lot of changes are going to be coming soon.

Jedi seem to be kinda screwed at the moment, but you know that will get straightened out soon. Devs love Jedi, and won't leave them so gimped for long. I'm guessing they'll ease back on the damage multipliers, and make it so you can get xp from creatures half your level, while still giving you 1xp for anything less than half. (or something like that) They'll fix some specials that seem to be broken right now... probably not all of them, though.

Combat/weapons xp seems to be only coming from missions and groups right now. This is a biggie that'll have to get fixed soon. But at least it gives you a way to earn XP... if you're not a Jedi. Kinda hard to kill critters in a group when you have to worry about visibility.

So I'll just kick back and wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Respeced to Master Commando, Smuggler 4000, Pistoleer 4004, BH 0003 (ran out of respec points). Will probably get some more BH with the 14 skill points I have left. Don't know why I went with that. :P

I agree it is still early days. we are basically in the live beta stress test phase again. It will be til after the expansion comes out that we can probably make a better judgement of it.

Think we should get a group together and see what we can do? I still have a ticket for the Corvette lying around somewhere. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

I must say I did like /cover and conseal shot with Rifleman. Your character turns transparent on the screen and you vanish from the radar.

But finding a spot for /cover to work was a bit of a pain. You actually have to find a tree or a bush to hide behind and it didn't always work. There also can't be anyone too close to you to see you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:29 pm 
Spammer

I am thinking about Master Smuggler / Master BH...

Hows that sound?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

I played a Mrifle and MBH in Beta. Conceal is a great combat opener. It is also a great way to pull a single MOB as it will slowly move toward you as it tries to find you. Very cool.

I just feel like we are back to Day 1 all over again. More bugs, more of the same bugs and unbalanced issues that where either not fixed or just new unbalances on a new system.

Im currently just making armor as that seems fun again. I was stupid and didnt finish my Doc grind on Moge so he doesnt even have a single mastery much less a double and grinding in this new system just sucks. Bewa is a MCommando, was thinking Commando/rifle would be fun for him. Or maybe pistols.

Ill give it a few weeks but man was I close to signing up for WoW again lastnight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Mantison Tau'rus wrote:
I am thinking about Master Smuggler / Master BH...

Hows that sound?

Both are crowd control professions so they kinda do the same things. I would pick either of those then add pistol or carbine, rifle or commando ontop. Suggler and BH have great specials but you need a Damage Profession to make great use of them both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:46 pm 
Spammer

I thought BH was a tank profession.... hmmm... I just can't drop Smuggler for RP'ing reasons...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

I have not personally tried Smuggler so I could be wrong. You have two weeks to try it for free so why not. If you dont like the combo just respec out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Smuggler is defintely crowd control. As lot of speed and posture modifiers.
I got it for Last Ditch, because I can foresee using it quite a bit. :P

I think BH is mainly a tanker with its defenses. But than I haven't compared those. It has some crowd control elements.

Rifleman is suppose to be the real nuker, so that and commando hits hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:20 pm 

i had to give up master doc to keep fencer. i probably wouldnt have had to but i have so many fs boxes taking up skill points atm. apperantly i have to have some tka skills for fencer now. however i dont understand, nor have the desire to learn atm, the new concept of the 'buff pack changes' and stims changes so i may just drop doc altogether to recover more skill points and do something else.

i got incapped by an imperial master sergant who used to con blue for me pre-CU. i was wearing my refitted high kenitic padded armor btw lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:17 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

I'll probably go for the Fencer/swordsman combo. Might have to drop a fair number of my artisan skills to do so though :(

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:31 am 

X2-PB wrote:
I'll probably go for the Fencer/swordsman combo. Might have to drop a fair number of my artisan skills to do so though :(

hey as a matter of fact, i respec'd myself to fencer/swordsman combo last night and was running around trying it out. its really alot of fun and both prof skills complement each other well and tie in with each other for nice attack moves. i just find it ridiculous that i have to hold 4 tk boxes for fencer that really dont do me any good.

i could have added full master swordsman to my master fencer but i goofed and dropped 3 doctor boxes before i respec'd, cutting myself short of the points needed to respect up to full master swordsman. im such a bumbling idiot :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:40 am 
Site Admin

Erime:
The point of have to double line novice is to keep people from having triple masters as is possible without the extra pre-req costs. Granted TKA has nothing to do with Fencer or swordman but it helps keep the game in balance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:13 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

What are the prequisites for the Fencer and Swordsman lines?

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:45 pm 

iJasonT wrote:
Erime:
The point of have to double line novice is to keep people from having triple masters as is possible without the extra pre-req costs. Granted TKA has nothing to do with Fencer or swordman but it helps keep the game in balance.

oh i understand why they added the extra box req's, but maybe having to work up the swordsman tree instead of tk for novice fencer makes more sense to me. after all fencer and swords use the same armor and are 2 skills that can be switched up easily in combat. they also use the same specials. my toolbar is already overfilled with both swords and fencer specials and have no room for any of the tka. plus wouldnt i have to strip off my armor to use tk out in the field?

Antan for novice fencer, you'll need 4 boxes of brawler tk along with the 4 boxes of brawler one hand melee. i didnt notice what one needs for swordsman other than the 4 boxes of two handed melee, i simply traded all doc boxes for swordsman. But i know for a fact you dont need pikeman skills for novice swordsman cause i dont have any pike skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:37 pm 

i grouped on dant this morning and the xp rate was very very good. i got over 450k of sword xp in a couple of hours or so. not bad time wise if you consider all the running from mission to mission, getting incapped and peeps dying etc (lots of this going on btw, im talking elite combat prof peeps here lol) Also include the stopping to camp, heal or hitting the nearest town for more missions and training. Im counting on getting good grouping next week to grind out the double xp and start heading back to the village :)