Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:33 am 
Site Admin

Well today I actually had fun playing SWG, imagine that!

I got 4444 rifles with my BE grinding so I joined up with Erime for some grouping. We quickly got a full group and out we went.

On Dant the spawns are massive! I mean massive, like 40+ mobs per. All giving 4k. Most of us where lvl 50-60 but we have 1 lvl 80 to push our group to lvl 80.

We just destroyed everything.

Maybe 2 hours, that seemed like 30 minutes I have 850k xp! WOW!

My Master Rifle box is 1mil xp and I thought it out take forever. It only took a few hours. Of course right as I get within reach of 1mil the group implodes and I couldnt find a decent group after. So here I sit 150k away from my 1 million needed xp.

We have a group of 8 and that was a great number. Mobs where falling like mad but if you aggro'd to many then you really had to work as a team to get the job done.

Never though mission could be fun. But even when I hit lvl 80 it would be fun to gather 8 Avians (do we have that many?) and just take some missions for the sake of killing.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:11 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

iJasonT wrote:
......it would be fun to gather 8 Avians (do we have that many?) ........
Possibly, just about!

Since I'll probably miss the general respec period, I'll need some help grinding when I do finally get in. Grouping would be great.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:18 am 
Site Admin

After I left Ermie I started talking to Trin and Shadow's. Shadow's has made Knight (or did before the Dev took away all Knight status) and trin is still in the Jedi Grind.

One awesome stealth change the Devs made was that they allow Jedi to not get Vis while grouped! Woohoo!

So I logged Maili and joined them and a few others on Dant. It was great fun playing my Jedi in group which is something I had never done before.

Even in a group of 8 with 3 knights we still had a hard time taking on a Lair of Quenkers - the same thing we where owning in my non-jedi group. But only one death and more fun then XP.

One thing that the DxD PA does (the Imp Jedi PA Trin and Shadow's are in) is use Ventrilo. How fun is it to talk to people as you hunt and grind. Makes all the difference. who cares that we are taking long breaks between kills, we just chat it up.

We should look into getting a Ventrillo server. It was simple and no problems with feedback or anything else.

All in all a rather fun day grouping with friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:25 am 

It did turn out to be a great group. Tons of fun. However in the CU, the mobs can be very difficult and peeps get incapped and die left and right no matter your level or prof. No solo heros out there anymore. So as in the old days of grouping the key to keeping people off the ground and out of the clone centers to finish the missions took teamwork, communication and patience. Of course it was no suprise we had acheived that since the group was Avian led and we had a great squad leader in Moge ;)

I had respec'd to Master BH and Master Swordsman (minus the master box cause i had no room) with novice medic. I refit some composite armor, picked up a scatter pistol and found a nice krayt LLC and headed out to hunt! After our awesome grouping was done, I headed to the village with 900k pistols xp, 120k rifles xp (using LLC), 200k of combat xp and 79k medical xp. Very nice hefty force xp trade in for one days work and FUN while doing it...not grinding it. As Moge said, it would be great to get all Avian groups again. It would be such a blast again and the fun and xp would come flooding in with no worries :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:01 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

You know, I'm beginning to get really annoyed I have exams over the next three weeks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:13 am 

Hi guys. MG is planning a Dath run later today. Haven't worked out the specifics as of yet, put I imagine it will be around 3 or 4pm EST. If you're having trouble getting a full group, send me a tell since I'm sure we'll be in the same boat lol. Send a tell to either of my alts Baylor or Hedrick if Tetran isn't online. It would be fun to join with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:45 am 

Hey Tetran, that be a great idea. that time frame you mentioned sounds good. the server is still down and has ruined my morning game period. ill be on this afternoon hard and heavy by the looks of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:53 am 
Site Admin

If anyone is looking for good Instant Stimpacks, there is a vendor outside Coronet at -1140 -3447 that have 1196 power D's, which are CL 60, with 27 uses. I haven't seen that good anywhere else, the best being 600 power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Well it seems Avian has quite the little fighters. Obbo, Erime, Latru and I grouped up for some killing tonight and had a blast.

We all capped out around 1.2mil XP for the evening which was enough to push Bewa to complete his templete! Woohoo No more grind for Bewa. Now just to get Moge his last few boxes and Ill officially be done with the grindage.

One thing I like is how even if you are lvl 60 or so once you group you all before equal. One may out damage the other but your lvl is equal to the highest member so a lvl 60 will not get huge damage from a lvl 80 mob. This makes grouping much more fun.

Also, every battle was different. Obbo and I both had pistoleer so we worked together with Stopping Shot and when 3 or more aggro'd us Latru was there with a Paralyze Shot from CM.

Then there was Erime...or as we now call him: Hey Lets Wait Until Bewa and Obbo are standing in the middle of a bunch of Jantas and then AOE attack EVERYTHING! Although it was kinda funny to see us all running around shooting like mad trying to get these guys off of us.

I look forward to more Avian Group hunts. If they ever fix the Vette mobs that would be a fun place to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

iJasonT wrote:
Then there was Erime...or as we now call him: Hey Lets Wait Until Bewa and Obbo are standing in the middle of a bunch of Jantas and then AOE attack EVERYTHING!

I mean really!! I went over to them to have a little chat to see if I could get them to spread out a bit so we could pick them off one by one. Then BAM!! We're all looking at the clouds.

Then he says to only go after one target at a time?! :shock: :roll:

I think he's been walking through that magic fog a tad too much if ya ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:37 pm 
Spammer

Hehe. I look forward to hunting with you guys tomorrow, now that I have my MSmuggler/MBH template done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:42 pm 
Spammer

Yeah, tonight was a lot of fun. The xp is CRAZY. I've got 5 boxes left in Rifleman, but should be able to get those tomorrow with you all, with no prob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:54 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

Grrrrr ....... really really jelous!!

On the bright side though, I have my first exam today, after that, only 3 to go! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:53 am 

Obo wrote:
iJasonT wrote:
Then there was Erime...or as we now call him: Hey Lets Wait Until Bewa and Obbo are standing in the middle of a bunch of Jantas and then AOE attack EVERYTHING!

I mean really!! I went over to them to have a little chat to see if I could get them to spread out a bit so we could pick them off one by one. Then BAM!! We're all looking at the clouds.

Then he says to only go after one target at a time?! :shock: :roll:

I think he's been walking through that magic fog a tad too much if ya ask me.

lol sorry guys. i was moving into closer position and attempting to target the closest janta, but didnt take notice that my finger was on the attack key, not the targeting TAB key. i accidently pulled the trigger hehe :oops:

it was a great fun night for xp. i had just returned from the village trading in 1.2 mil carbine xp, 900k pistol xp, 900k rifle xp and over 200k combat xp from my last group. then i grouped up with the guys for yet another 1.2 mil carbine and almost capped pistols with 100k combat.

the target cycling system currently sux in CU btw. has anyone else noticed? it will target a picket 108m over the hill before it will target the angry bol 20m in front of me lol ive been fighting this all week out in combat and it is really frustrating. especially when there are a gazillion mobs in the valleys!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:03 am 
Site Admin

Cool story! Sounds like a blast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:41 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

X2-PB wrote:
Grrrrr ....... really really jelous!!

On the bright side though, I have my first exam today, after that, only 3 to go! :)
YAY!! One down, three to go!
.............. Still really really jelous! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

nice! now get ingame.

What has school dont for you the GL has not already done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:53 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

iJasonT wrote:
nice! now get ingame.
Can't :(

For two reasons:
First: need to fix my PC (see All Hail The Microsith thread in General Forum) and due to exams, don't have the time to spend at the moment.
Second: I have a piece of coursework to finish for tomorrow :(

For those that want to know my schedule, After handing coursework in tomorrow, I have an exam on Monday, that I'll spend the weekend revising for, I have one on Wednesday, which I'll start revising for as soon as Monday's exam is finished, and then another exam the following Monday. As I have 5 days to revise for my last exam, I might use some of Wednesday Evening/Thursday next week to take a look at my PC, That way, when I've finished the final exam, I can get straight into play :) That's not guarenteed though.