Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, I'm up on the corvette atm seeing what it is like now with the CU.
The good news is that when you died, all your items stay insured and you don't get any wounds (actually exsiting wounds will be removed if you die up there). So gone are the days of losing an entire set of armour up there.

The Bad news is the mobs. While all the CorSec guys are level 25 and far too easy, the droids are a different story. A normal battle droid is level 125 and a Super Battle Droid is level 194. I'm level 78 and each time I see a SBD I get one shot killed.

Hopefully is will get balanced soon and with the death changes it should be a lot more fun up there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:42 pm 

Add this to the wish list of changes to CU. I dont think taking a group with you would make things better - major downside of CU. I hear Mellichae now killing an entire group with one area shot. I mean come on SOE, lets make things challenging.. but damned impossible is just damned ridiculous!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:36 pm 

Well isnt that what the CU is good for. Making some content too tough to do and others too easy. The game is now down to group missions and pvp. I went to Fort Tusken and everything is level 30. I feel asleep at the front of the fort it looked so boring.
It is time for a grand congratulations to SWG for stripping all the decent content there was in the game.

Novisio Hope (BH/MSmuggler)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:54 pm 
Spammer

Headline?

Newsweek wrote:
The SWG CU is a complete success! Players returning to the game in droves! Servers being added!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:52 pm 

Nevermind looks like Newsweek beat me too it lol. Is that real? Maybe players returning to check it out. But many of them have already left again.

In House Lymbo we have had two members return and five leave. If players are returning I dont see it on my friends list or in my guild. How is it looking on Avians side?

Novisio Hope (BH/MSmuggler)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:52 pm 

Obo, remember the good ole days when we used to run around like crazy and 2 man it? Now that was fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:19 pm 

I remember the old Avian Corvette Suicide Squad... :P but then we were successful in getting 2 cores in one run... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:21 am 
Site Admin

Looks like the corvette got a level pass. We'll have to go up when it hits live to try it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:12 pm 
Spammer

Sign me up. I could use a couple more AV-21's. I had to give my spare away to Erime. His got shot to Hell on Wookiee World.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:28 am 

I did the corvette yesterday with what turned out to be a great group. We had a few peeps whom had ill fadedly attempted the dungeon before, so we went in with some insight and directions to follow. We ran into the lvl 25 security, which proved to be cake, except for the lower level members who found themselves slain when they wandered off alone. The real tough challenge we faced was the fuel room part. Everything else had been set on the vette, now all we had to do was to get to the fuel room which was gaurded by a group of sbds all at lvl 194 -instant one shot slain. Gui told me that rooting them was a tip traded at fanfest, so i passed it on to the group. Well that wasnt working at all for us. We threw everything we had at them and tried all kinds of methods to get past them. Things got silly when desperation hit and timing was becoming critical. We found ourselves resorting to cover/discraction items like animals, droids and running in naked! Everyone must have died a half dozen times. We came up with a coorodinated bum rush of the room using the entire group. One person would have to make it passed the sbds if the others kept them busy long enough-which was only a mere few seconds. After a few attempts, it finally worked!! We got one person thru who then set the fuel room system. Now it was just a mad dash to the escape pods immediately after and out of the vette! I got another badge added to my collection, an AV-21 chassis- minus the powerplant and had a ton of laughs in the process. Great fun :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:46 am 
Site Admin

I went up there last week on my own to see what it was like (only to see the droid levels had gone up :|).
I got one shot killed a lot of times but I did have fun playing with the droids :twisted:. I started looking for the power plant but all the drops are camped by SBDs. In fact at the most common location there are four of them in that little room. Before you even get to see the room you are dead.

So I pulled out a trusty Mouse Bot of Boom, sent it off to sit beside the droids and the detnotated it. As soon as it goes off, five droids start chasing me, and so started the Benny Hill scene :P. When they start running down one corridor to get to me, I go through an access hatch and run up another corridor on the other side of the ship hoping to get back to the room where the drop is. It was great fun running them around in circles.

It took a few goes to get it right, but I eventually got to the room. Opened up the armorie but there was only a stun baton, opened up the astromech and sure enough there was a Power Plant :D. I just managed to pick it up before the SBDs caught up with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:28 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

Still haven't actually done the 'vette yet ........ is it worth doing? :P

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:35 pm 
Spammer

Obo wrote:
As soon as it goes off, five droids start chasing me, and so started the Benny Hill scene

Does the proper music start playing?