Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kashyyyk: Quests Galore
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

Kashyyyk is not really a planet but more of a gaint theme park. It has Space missions, ground missions, treasure hunt missions Kill Quests everything.

The story lines are really well written and most either take you further into the planet or into space or all around other planets. I just finished my first quest (there is no order just take missions as you please) and the reward was DNA to make a Bolotaur Mount, but to get the DNA I have to retrieve it from a Lab in the bottom of the Geo cave! I think that is pretty cool actually.

Im doing the mining quests now and should be done in an hour or so and get my Mining Ship. The planet is really just a place to go and do quests kind of an end game type thing. Not much XP but pretty good loot and some excellent stories.

So far it is a pretty cool place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

Some shots of one of the instances.

These were level 3 and 4 of the Kawhatyamacallit trail. I was about half way through the fourth one, doing various tasks along the way and slowly making my way through the mobs, when I fell off the branches I was walking on and ended up on the ground. You're not suppose to be on the ground :|.

I could have walked back over to where there was an actual rise back up to the trees (well, I think there were actually the roots, the trees where in the first picture), but I decided to use /unstick. Bad move.
When /unstick didn't move me, it automatically tried /eject. and that kicked me out of the instance and back to the Imp landing pad. :(

But one of the quests I was doing at the time was to get to the end of each level, so that when completed you wouldn't have to go through the entire thing again, just ask to go to the start of a particular level. Hopefully that will stick for the ones I had already done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

nice shots. There are so many missions on Kashyyyk. Im in the middle of the Mining mission which gives you the special mining ship. It is quite long its taken about 2 hours to complete and im not done yet.

I cant wait to get back on the ground and questing around down there. One thing I do like is the use of the Quest Journal. This allows you to take several missions: Ala WoW and EQII and complete them at you pace and order. This breaks up boring long missions (mining) and allows you to come back to it in parts.

Tip on the mining mission try and get a ship with 3 or 4 weapons. 2 standard to fight off pirates, 1 mining laser and 1 tracor beam. Im using only 2 and some of the pirates are annoying and it would be nice to use my tractor beam rather than just my laser but I dare not go unarmed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:28 am 
Site Admin

well I started teh RryattTrail lastnight and I think I fell to the same doom as you did Obbo.

I made it to the bottom level, took about 2 hours, and right as I was nearing the last Guide I fell through the map.

Im sure that my first few are saved but the bottom level was hard! If you want we can team up and make it past those spiders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

Got me DC-15 rifle from Boba Fett :).

Pity crafters are getting shafted by being bypassed on all this loot. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

nice! Im doing this quest now. Was hoping it was a sweet weapon. I had to grind out -5000 Jabba Faction and then finish the Themepark enough to let me into the throne room.
I should have my rifle tonight :)

As for crafters, Im now a WS but speaking as an AS honestly, the last thing I want is more armor to craft. Ive raised my prices from 375k to 700k per suit and I still have a massive wait list. My faction armor went from 750k to 1.2mil and same massive list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

You get a choice of Pistol, Carbine or Rifle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:08 pm 
Spammer

that DC-15's Scope is on the bottom?

so what kinda stats do the various DC-15's offer

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

It's supposed to be on the bottom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC-15_blaster_rifle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:34 am 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:
nice! Im doing this quest now. Was hoping it was a sweet weapon. I had to grind out -5000 Jabba Faction and then finish the Themepark enough to let me into the throne room.
I should have my rifle tonight :)

As for crafters, Im now a WS but speaking as an AS honestly, the last thing I want is more armor to craft. Ive raised my prices from 375k to 700k per suit and I still have a massive wait list. My faction armor went from 750k to 1.2mil and same massive list.

Did someone say MMORPG inflation? Zoinks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:45 am 
Site Admin

just to avoid confusion I had a typo in my quoted post there. *now a WS should be NOT a WS :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

I must say I like these quests. Especially the Working for Fett and Nym's Starmap.

For Nym's you have to find pieces of an old map that are spread around the galaxy, with only some clues to guide you (none of that, 'go to this waypoint' stuff). For one I thought I had made the wrong decision on where I should be and found myself in a very nasty situation, looking for a way to get out so I could start looking somewhere else.

After being chased around by 'Instant Death' for a while (elite level 83’s, which is basically level 85+), I finally found a corner where I could rest for a bit (ie. wait for my burst run to regen :)). That's when I had noticed over on the edge of the screen the very thing I had been looking for. Twas a "w00t" moment so it twas. :)

For Fett, there were options to say things to him that would probably get you killed, although I didn’t try them so I’m not sure if that would actually happen. But I have heard that if you push the Emperor or Vader too hard after you are done with them, they will kill you. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:38 pm 
Spammer

I LOVE the DC-17s from the Republic Commando game.

That's also a very fun squad-based shootemup... but with a very impressive UI and some farkin hillarious voice clips. They do an amazing job of getting you to bond with your three NPC team mates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

well last night was pretty much a bist for me. My Fett Quest is bugged. I finished the first kill part in space but then the quest journel went blank. I headed back to Fett and he said to talk to some guy (who?). I figured out it was some bartender on Yavin but I went to both places and did not find anyone to talk to. Any hints?

While I was there I stopped by the Geo Cave to collect my DNA Prize. I was in a large group and we where working with another large group. So naturally I was the only one to die! Arrgh. I hate that place. Seriously the need to fix this 1 shot incap crap.

So until I figure out Fett im kind of stuck.

I spent the rest of the night grinding out some space XP. I bought a Grievous Spaceship froma Jedi Knight for very cheap and I need 4333 to fly it. Right now Mdef/Msaber Knights are the only players ingame that can beat him.

As for the Fett quest. Im bummed it is bugged. I may just redue it later. The text and conversations are just to good for me to miss out on anything.

I finished up the Clone Armor quest, but again I was bugged, my Inv was full so I did not get my Xwing Holo. It was a little maddening last night so I just logged out.

Sounds like I dont lilke the Expansion, but I really do. It's amazing. But its the little things, small bugs, that seem to be wearing on me right now.

Im at work till late tonight so I may try again tomorrow. Hope the Devs have a fix coming for some of these bugs. I also want to get Ace Pilot asap so I can really enjoy most of the quests on Kashyyyk as a lot of them take you into space and 3333 just isnt cutting it for some of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

The clue for the Fett one was in a system message I believe. Go to the back room of the cantina in the Labour outpost on Yavin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

yeah but I didnt know that so I didnt look in the system message. Am I looking for a person or a thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

Talk to the chef/bartender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

Got my ARC-170. I'm a 2322 pilot atm. Depending on what the Tier 3 missions are like, I could have 4333 soon enough. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

ARC is a master ship right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

Should be tier 4 afaik.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

nice, what the Mass on it? My Grivious is only 90k but it makes up for that is some crazy speed and movement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:12 am 
Site Admin

Finally got my rifle. My Laser rifle is a little better than this one but it sure is sweet!

My Cyber arm is borked so I had it removed. The special that comes with it does not work and I wanted it on my left arm but can only be installed on my right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:23 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
My Cyber arm is borked so I had it removed. The special that comes with it does not work and I wanted it on my left arm but can only be installed on my right.

SOE still keeping it real! I though the CU was going to fix specials once and for all. What special should it do, and what are the dev plans to fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:36 am 
Site Admin

it should shoot electicity out of your Arm. But you cannot have a weaponn equiped to do it and when you click on the special it does, well, nothing.

SOE made some steps forward but it is the little bugs and small buggy quests that really seem to plague this game. If these quests where bug free it would be amazing. As it is, I am afraid to do most of the quests for fear that I will get bugged and not able to complete it or get the reward.

Case in point a quest that should have given out a Holo Image to all players based on Faction did not give rebels anything. The fix goes in for this today, I fear that I, having done the quest, will get nothing. If I don't then I will have to start researching every quest before i do it to figure out if it is bugged and if so are thier work arounds.

Hate to get negative, but facts are facts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the pics and the info!

Keep them flowing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:13 am 
Site Admin

I'm now 3333 rebel pilot and only 250k xp away from 4333 (double xp was nice with 17k kills :)).
I must say, the Corellian Rebel track has been pretty easy so far. I've soloed all the tier 3 missions without too much danger, which couldn't be said for a lot of the other tracks that I've flown missions on.

Unless some real nasty mission pop up in tier 4, Oboal could get to Master before Obbo. :|
And by nasty I mean like that bitch of a battle mission Obbo is stuck on. Must get that group together at some stage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:21 am 
Site Admin

Im game! Moge is 3333 Rebel as well. I need like 20k to get the tier 4 mission. Rebel is much easier than Maili Imp lines.

We should group up and try and breeze through our missions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:40 pm 

I just finished the first mission of the kashyyyk rodian hunter quest. it was really easy and a bit of hunting fun on kashyyyk. as a prize for the mission, i got a huge mounted stuffed kashyyyk bantha head trophy. pretty cool loot item. its now hanging on my wall in my mansion :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

anyone else get a CU Upgrade Plague in thier inv this morning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah. Surprised it isn't titled "I survived the CU 2004".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:53 pm 

yep, i think we all got a plaque. i hung that up on my wall as well. we should have received a t-shirt for surviving the cu lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:16 pm 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:
anyone else get a CU Upgrade Plague in thier inv this morning?

Moge, I think you mean't plaque... not plague.

But, it is a bit funny (and sad) that based on all the previous comments, plague actually made sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

after reviewing my post, no Im sure I meant what I said 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:03 am 
Site Admin

If you havent done the Chief Quests in the Dead Woods dont read this:

-------

today was pretty fun. I got in a group of 2 others and we did the Chiefs Quests in the Dead Forest. They where all pretty easy except the last part where you are challenged by the village Champion.
You walk over to the Arena and you can only take 2 others inside with you. Once inside all the lvl 60 mobs start spawning. You can kite them pretty easy as they all run slow. But the arena is kinda small.
Once you get most of them down the Village Champ spawns and he pretty much spams Low Blow.
At the end you...well enough of the spoilers. Do it yourself.

-----

We also when into the myt*&%& caves, man those get tough fast. Bring a group. Look forward to getting back in there the stories at both the Cave and Dead wood village are really good. Once you complete the Chiefs missions that opens up a ton of side quests with the townfolk. Will probably do that tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:05 am 
Site Admin

FYI:

If you Die in the Myt^*&%$ Caves you will clone just outside the caves and be stuck. DO NOT USE /UNSTICK!!!
Just call a pet or bike and climb on.
I used unstick and it launched me into the water - which is off the path so I could not move anywhere. I had to aggro some mobs and take a DB...poor armor decay :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:40 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

So, is Rage of the Wookies worth getting?

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

personally, I think RotW is the best thing about SWG. It has got me back into space and the ground missions are great. It has also got me on planets doing extended quests that I have not been on in a while - Rori anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:07 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Right, based solely on that description, the moment I get my PC working, I'm ordering RotW! Do you only get the special extras on the digital download?

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

yes, there are 2 specials. first is the mount, there are two: the var-something and the other one. The Var is for the pre-order folk, the other one is for the retail box folk. I think everyone gets the expanded Dpad slots.

the mount is nice as the NPCs of Kashyyyk will go through your inventory of speeders in a day. Those suckers love to target your bike DO NOT use your AV there. If you dont get either mount just go get a normal mount. It is worth it. You cannot use mounts in the instances anyway so it is just to get you there and back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Actually the box has the BARC speeder (clone trooper speeder).