Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:20 am 
Spammer

Just FYI, it's gone when Publish 17 goes Live.

Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:38 am 

*watches as one of the advantages they had against the nearly invincible mobs disappears* Anyone know where a doctor is these days that is buffing??? thought not....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:42 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

Surely we must have some docs left in Avian?

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:52 am 

I think everyone (except me (TKA) and the Jedi) have gone to Master Bounty Hunter / Master Carbines.... And by everyone, I mean the entire game.... last night, I searched for an hour for a doctor... Theed, Coronet, Bestine, both Dant posts.... no doctor on any of them.... finally, I had to have a Jedi heal my wounds because I couldnt find a doctor and I can't heal them myself anymore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:06 pm 
Spammer

I have an account with a master doc / dancer.. but its been inactive forever, hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

I have an MDoc and I used to log in and run around healing wounds for free. But as a Master Doc I only heal 60 wounds every 30 seconds it get sold very fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:56 pm 

iJasonT wrote:
I have an MDoc and I used to log in and run around healing wounds for free. But as a Master Doc I only heal 60 wounds every 30 seconds it get sold very fast.

Just think, while you spent time building that Doc and specializing as a doc.... A jedi (which has a good bit of time behind them too) can heal 5-6 times what you can in one burst.... dont you feel loved.... :P

Not saying anything against the Jedi, I plan to eventually have one...

also it seems like people have been abandoning the non-combat profs to actually be able to do the dungons and such... Its a shame that there is not any content for the pure crafters to do.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:12 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Sel Arin wrote:
Its a shame that there is not any content for the pure crafters to do.....
The crafters will get some love when they do the non-combat revamp/tweek and they'll likely be an expansion for crafters at some point.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:12 pm 

I wonder when that will be.... on other news, I am going to be reactivating an alt just so I can go full combat with my main....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:34 pm 

Sel Arin wrote:
I think everyone (except me (TKA) and the Jedi) have gone to Master Bounty Hunter / Master Carbines.... And by everyone, I mean the entire game.... last night, I searched for an hour for a doctor... Theed, Coronet, Bestine, both Dant posts.... no doctor on any of them.... finally, I had to have a Jedi heal my wounds because I couldnt find a doctor and I can't heal them myself anymore...

your right Sel, the majority of the populace these days have respec'd to MBH with either master carbs, pistols or rifles lol. I guess everyone is living the dream of being a a powerful cold killin bounty hunter -especially me hehe Actually I think its tapering off a bit, im starting to see more and more 'normal' profs out there again. I actually saw a master tailor and MID just today!! CU had made doc really useless so I had planned to drop that as soon as it came live; and so i did. CU really tore that prof up badly. Its too bad too. I hear you about the wound healing, I was walking around half dead for days unable to get my wounds healed. Finally a couple of docs saw me im MO on dant and fixed me up....after about 5 min of working on me together lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

for me I went MBH/Rifle on Moge and MBH/Pistol on Bewa. I really did try to not go MBH but in all honesty it is just the best base temp out there. You can lay any ranged onto of it and have an excellent set of tools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:12 am 
Spammer

I was a MSmuggler/MBH... and it was a great combo. But then I looked around and saw how everyone and their bantha was a MBH, and I decided that I was going to break away from the crowd.

So I used /respec to go MSmuggler/MCH. I know CH is a gimped profession, but it's something I used to have fun with in the past. I went out and bought about 2 mil worth of BE pets with somewhat decent stats. Then the next day Publish 17 hit, and it changed all those BE pets from being decent to being crap. :x Some days it doesn't pay to log in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:32 pm 

Moge's reason to respec to MBH pretty much touches on my own reasons. The profession does have a wide variety of tools to work with and is just superior for combatant use, even in post cu. The prof was not really touched by CU and so it was very mouthwatering to step into hehe Ironically I picked up MBH to grind toward jedi lol I traded fencer for carbines, spent a small fortune on top of the line weapons and armor and during the opening days of CU double xp, i could go on one hunt group and max out 3 different weapon lines. But im still trying to decide if i want to stay BH...at least until i finish the fs grind. I found out that im not into the jedi hunt, but the prof is handy for doing the kashyyyk/fs quests as there have been tough edge of my seat occasions that called for good firepower and the ability to defend myself.