Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:41 am 

Well my FS grind has come to a grinding halt thru no fault of my own really. Im truthfully getting screwed by the game. You see I have aquired 1.4 million FS xp for the Combat Prowress Range speed branch and have another 1.9 million FS xp in the bank for this current phase's Enhanced Reflexes branch, more than enough xp to complete each branch -a task not be be taken lightly. These branches are numbers 4 and 5 for me out of 6 needed for jedi initiate. So its only a matter of unlocking them by doing the now simple post CU quests you would think, especially since all the work has been done before hand to fully complete them in one training session right? WRONG....thanx to the ongoing BUGS!

Heres how the screwing goes- i completed the last phase's quest for Combat prowress ranged speed which would unlock branch number 4 for me; i go turn it in to the guy who gave it to me..the capt in the village and low and behold he is BUGGED and my journal is BUGGED as well!! I sent in tickets to CSR, each ticket giving more detailed info than the last but with absolutely no response or correction. As a result, I spent the entire phase driving back and forth to the village on a daily basis checking the bug status only to find the bug is still there. The next phase has started, i can and do take the quest for enhanced reflexes (which is branch number 5), but my range speed branch number 4 is STILL unlocked as if i never did the last phase's quest!! If i get no closure to this issue, im looking at literally weeks, if not MONTHS of delay on jedi initiate because i have already unlocked branches that will becoming up on following phases. I will have to sit those phases out doing nothing. This bug has thrown my planned schedule out the window in a tough way. If not for the bug, i would reach jedi initiate by august (i started the journey this past febuary)...now i cant say where i stand for certain now that i maybe skipping and waiting out phases due to the bug causing me miss this past phase.

Im only doing the grind to keep me interested and busy in game. Im not really die hard to become a jedi or i would have done the work long, long ago. If i reach the goal then ill play the role and have fun with it, but its dumb pitfalls like this that make me wonder if its actually worth the time, expense, frustration and work im putting into it right now. :(

Last edited by Erime S'erolf on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:56 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

Well bugs are a problem.....
It would be interesting to see what CSR say, but you may just have to wait until they fix the bugs.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Jedi = low priority for the devs.

It sucks but it is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:50 pm 
Spammer

Quite sad to say, this sounds like a typical SWG experience :( I hope they'll fix your bug asap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:33 am 
Spammer

Wow that sucks. I pretty much have the same sentiments as Flyoc on this one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:32 am 

well im moving on as usual with this. if im delayed, then im delayed -no sense in griping about it. just take the punches and move on i suppose. im still grinding out the xp and currently doing this phase enhanced reflexes quest to unlock that branch. next phase i will just unlock that phases combat prowress branch and pour the fs xp i had for the bugged phase into that branch. it will put me behind by a month, but by the end of phase 3 (we just started phase 1) ill be ready for initiate. oh well :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:19 pm 

Sel helped me unlock this phase's branch today with his ingenius use of 'nature' against the evil sith pirates! His method made me chuckle, but by gosh it worked. I immediately then trained the entire branch and so im complete on this phase. Ill sit out and goof off until next phase. I have to admit that collecting and banking almost 4 mil fs xp within the past month could not have been possible without the CU. I and many others thought it would be impossible to grind out fs post CU, but I and many others were wrong. I have enough fs xp stored away to completely train the next phases branch thanx to the CU, double xp weeks and the /respec! :wink: