Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Final /Respec changes
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Following the Combat Upgrade publish we allowed players with combat oriented characters to reallocate the skill sets on their characters enabling a player to switch profession templates. Some players missed the window provided in which to make these changes and we are going to re-open it one more time to allow players who had active characters before that publish to change their character’s profession template.

On June 8th, 2005 at 4:00 AM PDT all servers will be taken down so we can apply a final respec opportunity to all characters that are eligible. When logging in you will receive the following message:

Important Notice: You Can Not Change Your Character Template After This Play Session!

Your ability to adjust or respec your character template will end when you log out of this play session. Right now, you can still change your character’s profession template (“/respec”). Please be sure that you have your character template configured exactly as you want it before logging out of this play session as you will not be given another chance to change it. Once you log out of this session, your character template will be set and will not be able to be changed by Customer Service or any other intervention other than regular game play.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:09 am 
Spammer

So does this mean that even all our old characters will be SOL should we ever come back into the game? I was under the impression that /respec would be there for our first gaming session upon return.

If not, then I may have to bite the bullet and renew for a month in order to take advantage of the respec as it no doubt will save a bunch of time post-CU grinding new skills.

Any recommendations? I was thinking Mrifle/BH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:03 pm 

I just came back and started playing after a several month leave.

The first time i logged in, it gave me the message from the quote above, that basically you have to /respec before you log out, or you're SOL.

I think thats basically what they're saying, if you sign in at any point, you have that one session to make your character the way you want it.

Also to note, all i had were crafting points before my /respec, so you can use those points to re-roll to a combat class as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

Icicleman wrote:
Hey Tiggs

Is it only for tomorrow? Or is it an added day for those unfinished? Anytime use?

Just tomorrow for those out of their respec time.

Tiggs
SWG - Director of Community Relations

--------

So if you are still in your respec time this does not effect you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:14 pm 
Spammer

I think the dorfs must be getting to me... :lol:

What does being within your respec time mean? Bottom line would we have to log in today to respec or can we do it anytime during the first session we come back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

you get two weeks to respec from the first time you log in after the CU.

During that time you can /respec as much as you want.

If you are done with your 2 week respec time then you get today ONLY to respec one last and final time during the first session of your game play today. After today ONLY those that are within their 2 week respec time can do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:49 pm 
Spammer

Thanks Moge for the clarification. I was just doing some digging into the discussion threads and found that.

Depending on if I can fix that cursed "bumblebee" problem in space I might be back. Your guys's stories are too tempting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:34 pm 
Spammer

Any word on those of us with inactive characters/accounts? I'm guessing Liro Arma'Molitor is no more and that takes care of the respec question. Heard anything?

(and yes, I'm dang tempted by the stories!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

You get 2 weeks to /respec from the first day you login/re-activate after the CU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:58 am 
Site Admin

Old characters are still there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:16 am 
Spammer

I used /respec again.... I couldn't help myself. All those critters I tamed... all gone..... I sold out. :cry:

Now I'm a MSmuggler/MPistoleer/BH 0130. A little more "combat viable".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:24 am 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:
You get 2 weeks to /respec from the first day you login/re-activate after the CU

Obo wrote:

Oh great...now I'm really feeling the urge to return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:41 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

Rocklar wrote:
You know you want to!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:10 am 

Angus MacGregor wrote:
I used /respec again.... I couldn't help myself. All those critters I tamed... all gone..... I sold out. :cry:

Now I'm a MSmuggler/MPistoleer/BH 0130. A little more "combat viable".

I too was tempted to drop MBH this last chance respec and pick up either master pistoleer (again) or master rifles- which ive never done. But knowing how easy it is to grind with mbh, i decided to stick with it until im low on skill points for the fs boxes. I like carbines better, my carb weapon is more deadly than any of the top of the line bh weapons i could find anyway and i do way more damage with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:24 am 
Spammer

I've been perusing some of the boards but need some Avian opinions. What, in your opnion, is the better of the ranged combat profs. I understand BH is the FoTM and is very beneficial, plus its just a cool tag to have, but what would go well with it. I've got MRifle now and it might be tough to give that up.

- What weapon certs should one aim for (if there is even one weapon that dominates all other anymore)?
- What about armor cert? Any type that is significantly better?
- How tough are the better weapons to get? Craftable or quest related?

...goes off to hunt down a new revised skill tree with all the new certs added...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:25 pm 

Angelus wrote:
I've been perusing some of the boards but need some Avian opinions. What, in your opnion, is the better of the ranged combat profs. I understand BH is the FoTM and is very beneficial, plus its just a cool tag to have, but what would go well with it. I've got MRifle now and it might be tough to give that up.

- What weapon certs should one aim for (if there is even one weapon that dominates all other anymore)?
- What about armor cert? Any type that is significantly better?
- How tough are the better weapons to get? Craftable or quest related?

...goes off to hunt down a new revised skill tree with all the new certs added...

For good ranged combos analysis or Mrifle compliments, have you checked out this post?

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... e.id=95350

Weapon certs are very rare now. Every weapon has a combat level that one must need to wield it, i.e..the t21 is no longer 'certed' for novice rifleman, its got a 'combat level' assigned to it like CL 30 or something like that. That means any person with combat level 30 or higher can use it. This is the first thing you look at when shopping for a weapon. (We could start a whole new post on shopping for a good weapon) Compare your current combat level to the weapons to see if you can use it. Of course you may not get the special attacks or bonuses that come with the rifleman boxes if your not a rifleman. But since ranged weapons share many specials, you can still use it fairly effectively if you are say a carbineer over level 30. This is the 'skill stacking' that the CU has created for us- to be able to mix skills and weapons and create the best attacks one can come up with. Weapons swapping is common out on hunts. Passing around rifles, pistols and carbs is easily performed, but one will never achieve the 'absolute' best. Like I said, only a few weapons out there are still certed, like the scatter pistol, which is certed for master bh only and so are a few loot drop items like the proton carbine.

To be able to wear any type of armor, you must have a minimum of novice elite prof. Once you reach say novice rifleman or novice carbineer, than you will be able to, or 'certed' to wear armor that is particular to that prof. Rifleman can only wear recon armor and carineers can only wear battle armor. Of course if your both rifleman and carbineer, than you will be able to wear BOTH recon and battle. Each armor type is broken down to lets say armor 'styles'. Battle armor is broken down to Padded style, bone style and maurader style. Now if your a carbineer out shopping for armor. You would be looking for the best available padded, bone and maurader. If you happen to have novice rifleman skills as well, you would be able to select from the recon armor line -ubese, tantal, marabi in addition to the battle armor choices. As a MBH/Mcarb, I can wear assualt type (includes composite armor) because bh's get access to the assualt type of armor; plus the battle armor from my carb prof. However, composite these days dont seem to have better resistance/protection values than battle armors. I have not found any composite suit that is better than my best battle suits as far as overall protection goes. Im looking for a good balance between kenitic and energy, just like in pre CU. The best values atm hover around 6k for each. Ubese can get as high as 7k energy protection which is awesome, but has much lower kinetic values. Although, composite looks cool and padded can sometimes look gay, I wander the galaxy in padded armor cause it saves my arse in tough situations better than composite would :wink:

There are some great weapons out there still. Most are craftable and some are loot dropped. An array of new weapons have been added and are fun to try. Im always picking up some new form of odd pistol i havnt seen yet and trying it out on a hunt. Although im not a pistoleer, i can still use my carb specials with it because as i stated, the ranged profs share many specials. Its all about experimenting, trying things out and always seeking that perfect combo that will just be outdone by the next guy. Getting your equipment ready for the field or battle is alot of fun now with so many variables :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Rocklar wrote:
iJasonT wrote:

Obo wrote:

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:54 pm 

Obo wrote:
Rocklar wrote:
iJasonT wrote:

Obo wrote:

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen!

Which is going according to my excellent and holy will.... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:56 pm 
Spammer

I dunno. I think I may have to retract my returning sentiments. Obbo and Sel appear to have fallen to have been corrupted by the Emperor.

(Oh wait, last I recall K'Rynn was considering join the Imperial ranks :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

Well I logged in Bewa and Nanasawa today and the both still have /respec abilities so I thought I would do a little switching around.

Bewa was always a dead toon to me as Moge did my combat, Maili was Jedi and Nanasawa was crafter so Bewa just kinda sat there. I switched some stuff around and made Bewa a MMerch/Armorsmith so I dont have to have 3 accounts active anymore. I then made nanasawa a TK/Ranger. Interesting combo I thought.

If we ever do any large hunts I can log Nanasawa as a guide/tank. Since I doubt I will be doing much of this I put this on Nansawa so I dont have to have her active all the time.

Im not really making armor right now but when I start again Bewa will be the one to talk to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:21 pm 

Angelus wrote:
I dunno. I think I may have to retract my returning sentiments. Obbo and Sel appear to have fallen to have been corrupted by the Emperor.

Come back to the Dark Side of the MMO's.... we miss you.... and Its your destiny.... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:04 pm 
Spammer

Okay, so i have my one final respec...and thats one of the reasons I haven't logged in for a few days.

I've got all the boxes except master for rifleman...and I think I'll keep it. What's got me in a quandry is Combat Medic. I'm a Master, but I feel like the profession was hosed during the CU. Thoughts?

I was thinking I should just respec to Doc...or should i just ditch it and go for MBH or smuggler?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:27 pm 

Angelus wrote:

Now come on. We already know you want to come back. You are just too proud of admitting that you have to crawl back and say "I'm sorry, you were right. This game is great after all".

You already have the copy of the game, you only need to reactivate your account and char's. From what they are saying it is still there. Try out for a month. Maybe two to get the new pace of the game and build up what you wanted then.

If it is good, then stay, if not, wait till the next expansion (I hope Coruscant)

Everybody thinks it, I'm just the one who says it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:58 am 
Spammer

I've found my space problem (damn joystick!!).

I'm on holidays in a couple weeks and will likely get K'Rynn up and running again during that time as I'll have a full 2 weeks to play around with the respec period.

(goes off to do more research on builds in this crazy new world/scheme)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:01 pm 
Spammer

/bump ...looking for opinions on my post :P