Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Token Respec
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
A Final Opportunity to Adapt Your Character’s Template is Coming In-Game With Publish 18: The “Token Respec” (Respecifying A Character’s Skill Set Template)

- What is the “Token Respec”? In order to offer players a final opportunity to adapt their character’s profession template, we are offering one final chance to revise your character’s template. We are calling this the “Token Respec” process. As part of this process we are putting an invisible marker on each character which allows the character skills to be reshuffled. After the character template is revised, meaning when you have confirmed your new template via the system, the token or marker is used and the option to revise/respec is no longer available.

- Once the new Token Respec option to revise the character template is live in the game, you will be offered a text window upon log in that asks if you are ready for your last “Respec”.

There are several points to be aware of as part of this process:

l All existing players (including players who have had character and account transfers) will receive a token allowing for one final respec of the character profession template.

l You may choose to use your Token Respec upon receipt or to use it at a later date – this option remains available for you until you use it unless otherwise notified.

l Although there is no limit on how quickly you use the Token Respec option, once you commit the template by confirming that it is final you will not have another respec opportunity.

l If you are still able to revise your character’s template in-game as part of the original Combat Upgrade respec option, the Token Respec will not activate until you are out of the Combat Upgrade respec period.

l Bonus points/unused skill points from the initial Combat Upgrade respec will not be transferred in any way to the new Token Respec opportunity.

l There is a 12-hour respec timer buffering the use of the Combat Upgrade respec option and the use of the Token Respec option meaning that you cannot take advantage of the new Token Respec option until 12 hours after you use the Combat Upgrade version.

l During the Combat Upgrade Respec process period, you will not be able to earn Master Badges.

l After you complete the Combat Upgrade respec process and while you are eligible for the Token Respec you will be allowed to earn Master Badges.

This new Token Respec will be available as part of the Publish 18 content additions.

Happy Respec’ing!

Kurt "Thunderheart" Stangl
Community Relations Manager

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:33 pm 
Spammer

Sheesh. People whine enough and they get what they ask for.

Guess smugglers just aren't the whining type :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:05 am 

well i hope this is another chance to balance out all the profs in the game. it still needs a little more tweaking i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:22 am 
Spammer

I like it. I'll hold on to my token respec for a while, until something comes along that makes me want to switch professions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:19 pm 

I think Ill use it to drop BH and pick up master rifle. There are enough bh's out there, the galaxy doesnt need another. Assault armor does not even provide me with the protection that I need, even for bounty hunting! Besides, Ive never done master rifle before, here is my chance to jump right in. Ill also still be able to grind out pistols, rifles and carbines at once. what the heck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:23 pm 
Spammer

So....

What's the consensus on the "most fun class"?

What do most people seem to like to do? Is Droid Master still interesting? Most people going for combat? Any more hard-core crafting besides Crazy Obo's kick-ass shop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:17 am 
Site Admin

best profession: Pilot!

Sadly gone are the days of crafter/combat hybrid. You need a double combat mastery to reach lvl 80.

there are many great combos. A few things to remember. If you go TKA it may be worth going with a ranged or doc or Ranger. Personally I think TKA/Doc or TKA Ranger is a nice combo. Switching weapons in combat is easy but TKA does nto need armor so if you have a ranged weaponn you lose your armor stats while you where hold it. Seems silly.

Honesty, MBH rules. For no other reason than it is an excellent 'base' profession. Remember all specials work with all weapons ranged/ranged melee/melee. BH has really solid ranged specials. BH/anything (p,r,c) is a great combo.

Melee Swordman/fencer seems to be a popular one but pike is also good.

CHoose your type; ranged, melee then just study the specials. Look for what you want and then that is how you choose your professions.

I wanted long range sneak attacks and also crowd control abilities. So I went MBH/Mrifle/0003pistol/4000scout and love it.

I also have a TKA/Ranger toon that I look forward to playing.

Armorsmith is a huge pain now as for the others I think BE may be good but I have no idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:32 am 

iJasonT wrote:
Sadly gone are the days of crafter/combat hybrid. You need a double combat mastery to reach lvl 80.

I think the reason why crafter/combat hybrid is not popular at the moment is that all the new players, which number in the hundreds on any given day, seemed to think to have fun in SWG, you have to be the highest combat level possible. Try to join a hunt group or faction group as a level 30 crafting prof and you'll see what I mean. You'll be like the kid that no one picks when a neighborhood game of street football starts up. This happened to Kai'la! Also in order to get any good hunt missions, you have to have lvl 80's in the group. All the new players are exposed to this stuff on a daily basis and ive heard this attitude from many new players. SOE needs to find a way to get people off this trying to be CL 80 all the time in order to have in SWG. This atmosphere is making the new players turn SWG into a total combat game like SOCOM or someting, instead of being the dynamic living world we had in the past. As for us Avians, I know people like me, Iain and Moge turned in our past profs for seriously uber combat profs when the very first respec started. I think we had enough money in the bank that we just quit working so we could goof off and have fun with the new CU changes and respec. Now I think we are kinda stuck with some form of double elite combat thanks to the current atmosphere of the game :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:45 pm 
Spammer

So basically it sounds like one would need 2 accounts in order to do any kind of crafting. EIther that or grind out the jedi slot and make him a crafter! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:39 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Well mine currently holds Master Artisan/Master Shipwright/Master Swordsman. I haven't done much fighting with this spec so I don't know how well it holds. I haven't done any crafting other than for myself since about February time. Combat is simply more fun. I get in game and just don't have the urge to build anything.

What I will do is set up my shop properly in TB and start selling components again. Hopefully, selling some stuff will encourage me.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

X2, what is your CL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:55 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:01 pm 

On the 18th this month, the most fun class will be entertainer....see you in the Cantina in Tuskens Bane for the Cantina Crawl...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:54 pm 
Spammer

Anyone done Teras Kasi? Fun?

What about Space Mining, how does that work? X2 said you need a ship add-on... does it take special skills?

What does Mass mean on ships?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

bigyak wrote:
Anyone done Teras Kasi? Fun?

What about Space Mining, how does that work? X2 said you need a ship add-on... does it take special skills?

What does Mass mean on ships?

I have a TKA toon but have yet to really play it much post CU.

Space mining starts on kashyyyk and through the quests you are given all the parts you need. You can add and remove the mining laser from your ship when you want to mine or go kill.

Mass is the total, well mass, of your ship. Each part has a mass you cannot exceed that mass number for your ship. this getts tricky with lighter ships but it is possible.

Example, my griev ship has no boosters or rear armor to save mass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:02 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

The mass stated for the ship is the maximum mass allowed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:08 am 
Spammer

So, what happens if you go over 100 skill in something?

I'm thinking:
Master Commando
Master Pikeman
Carbineer or Teras Kasi

On either of those last two, they'd take my skills in the area way over 100...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:47 am 
Site Admin

there is no cap. So the higher the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:46 am 

Ok I used my token respec to switch from MBH to Mrifles. Im done with the FS grind, so I dont need bh anymore. Its all about just trying things out now and having fun now. I do miss some of the bh specials like bleeding shot and blinding shot. They made a difference when I or anyone in the group was attacked. Duelist stance and crit shot were also handy when things got dicey for me. But with rifle, I was having fun last night with sniping shot and cover shot, especially with my cyberarm which gives me an extra 10 range to any range weapon I yeild. I was popping and pulling blackscales at an insane distance away. With two of my cyberarms installed, I would have an extra 20 range. I dont think I would be able to SEE the target that far :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:00 am 
Spammer

So, for wearing armor, do the bonuses also stack beyond 100%?

I mean, if you are Master Carbineer and Master Pikeman, you got a double bonus to Battle Armor - 180% Accuracy Mitigation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:07 am 
Site Admin

If it did, which I don't think it does, it would only be useful with sliced armour as that is the only way the hindrances would change. The hindrances are hard coded values, but slicing has been known to make them worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:11 am 

I just wish the little box wouldnt pop up every 5 minutes screaming "RESPEC DAMN YOU!!" or something to that effect.... but meh, they will fix that.... at least I have my TK animations back.... now I need a smuggler....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:53 am 
Spammer

Erime S'erolf wrote:
I dont think I would be able to SEE the target that far :wink:

Sounds like its time for them to implement cybernetic eyes now! :D

Also, its nice that you spec'd to MR since I just dropped it last night for MBH. I'll need someone in the group with some firepower (at least until I get RotW for the proton carbine. (Can't believe the LLC damage is so low...)

Are you on during days Erime? I am taking tomorrow off of work and plan a good game session then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:08 pm 

Angelus wrote:

Sounds like its time for them to implement cybernetic eyes now! :D

Also, its nice that you spec'd to MR since I just dropped it last night for MBH. I'll need someone in the group with some firepower (at least until I get RotW for the proton carbine. (Can't believe the LLC damage is so low...)

Are you on during days Erime? I am taking tomorrow off of work and plan a good game session then.

Dont worry we have a wide variety of firepower in Avian now hehe The proton carb is a fun weapon to use. Mine is retired and on display at my house now. But I had alot of fun using it. The quest for it is really easy and kinda fun to do as well. Yeah I hear you about the LLC getting ganked. I picked up some uber/krayted ones and they still topped off at about 500 dmg. I was dissappointed at that fact.

Im on during the days. Im on vacation still until monday. I play Kroi on intrepid in the mornings and then jump into Erime later in the afternoon when Im done with chores and errands. Mira turned me on to great dewback hunting. They are the same xp, if not better than bols and are also easier to hunt ast well since most dont aggro. Plus they are in our own backyard in TB. For someone who was sick of bol grinding, dewbacks were a delighted change of pace and scenery. We have regular Avian hunts/missions going now with the new members and applicants. You and anyone else doing some grinding or just want to adventure with a space/ground quest are more than welcome to come join us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:45 pm 
Spammer

Sweet E!!!

I hope to be on all day tomorrow so definitely look me up in game. I'll either be finishing my ID grind (to respce to MSW) or up in space showing off my new-found uberness in space.

It really is amazing how better I can kill without that blasted "bumblebee" effect. :lol: