Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:39 pm 

I am considering reopening Shwir'as account at least for the 2x XP, howver he has never been respec'd and is currently Master Medic/Master Doc/ and Master TKA. He has done some of the Village Jedi Quests but not alot of them. I havent done any combat since the CU so I have no idea what is working and what isnt in the way of Professions. I will be reading some of the boards to see what I can find but what are your opinions on what you have tried?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:13 pm 
Spammer

I have tried MBH (which is awsome btw) and only Nov Rifle and Nov Carbineer.

I have always loved rifle and see it does massive damage still post CU. I didn't get to play around too much with carbineer yet but I think they have a bunch of nice control abilities, as does Pistoleer.

I cannot comment on melee profs as they are not my bag. SW is about ranged true and true for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:18 am 

I went into the CU with master fencer/master doc. I dropped doc for swords first day into the CU. But I noticed that I was not 'tanking', instead the beasties were running from me. i didnt like that change so the next day i drop fencer and swords for mbh and carbs thus going full ranged. With that template i blew thru fs grindage in amazing speed and had lots of fun doing the more challenging new rotw quests. All the Avians at that time picked up uber combat skills and we was some killing, quest doing mofos! I recently dropped mbh for rifle and just yesterday was using it to its best advantages soloing gangs of siths. Its all about what your goals in game are really

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:38 am 
Spammer

I'm cycling through all of the combat professions now. So far, MBH and TKA seem to be the most fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:36 pm 

I am TKM/MSwords/MBrawler/Medic 4040, which is a potent combo vs just about everything.... while I may not do as much damage as ranged does, I can take much more than they can.... Plus TKM has Innate Armor like the Jedi do which gives me the equivilent of 48% 6000 armor with no decay for free....