Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:45 am 
Site Admin

Since we have Erime as our new Paddy and I know several of you are close I figured I would write up a quick FAQ.

Non-Jedi Skills:
Before you start your grind I would recommend getting TKM/4000Scout and then what ever else you want.

4000scout is just good to have. TKM will act as your armor until you train enough to rely on your Jedi Armor and Skills. TKM is Inate armor just like Jedi so if you have 60 TK and 30 Jedi Inate the TK armor will override. Remember you get 20 Jedi Inate at Padawan.

try and keep COB (+500 def) and as much TK Inate as possible for as long as possible.

Others get --44 Sword for the Def and Acc. This is good as well but you may find yourself dropping it rather quickly as Force Boxes are expensive.

What to get and when:
First things first, get all Novice Boxes. They are only 20k xp and offer nice boosts to your Force Pool. also, Nov healer give a 500 Heal special, Nov Def gives +25 Melee and +25 Ranged Def and +10 Jedi Inate armor.

After that I would get some saber skills but it really is up to you. Almost every single templete has -at least- 3000 healer and 0002 enhancer. Many have tried to go without one or the other and they have all failed. Just resign yourself to the fact that you need these boxes and plan your temp around them.

Character Builder
http://www.bloodfin.org/modules/mydownloads/
get it, know it love it.
NOTE: This builder does not take into account the +20 Jedi Inate you get from the Paddy Box. Know that as you build and plan your grind.

Jedi Robes
Jedi Robes offer no Defense at all. They ONLY offer +200 Force and +10 force Regen. That is it!
What they also offer is a huge flag over your head pointing out the fact that you are a Jedi. Tons of BHs do nothing but sit in starports and add Jedi they see to their Friends List. Don't wear your robes in public. It is just bad.

Changing your travel plans
Gone are the days of traveling to Cnet and especially MO. Never ever ever fly your ship into MO. You WILL get ganked. I got ganked the other day in MO on my way to get an Ent Buff. 15 seconds after I loaded in I was being shot. Bhs love to wait for you in MO. Just doint go there. Fly into Agro Station no one is ever there and you should be safe landing there and flying to where ever you need to go.

Safe Houses
its not an all together bad idea to get a safe house. A small Generic house you carry with you. Plop it down near each lair and make a macro to entry all other Jedi in your group. This is pretty common practice and will save your neck more than you think.

resolve yourself to the BH death
It will happen. More for you than for anyone else. BHs no longer hunt 200k+ Jedi. They know they cannot beat them so they no longer try. They ONLY hunt <175k Jedi which means YOU!

You will die at the hands of a BH. Get over that fact right now or quit playing your Jedi. It sucks! It sucks more than you think it does and it sucks even harder when the guy(s) and pricks about it.

When I get killed I usually log out and take a break. I get pretty upset sometimes at it so walking away does me good. However, after a death is the best time to grind. You cannot get on the terms or be hunted for 2 full hours following a BH death. However we -think- you still gain vis in that time. But it offers a window of time to hunt untouched.

You loose XP in two ways. One, a BH DB. Two a Clone after a BH death. Jedi no longer loose XP to PVE death (thank god). get a Rez ring and use it when you get a BH death. It will save you up to 200k loss for cloning.

VIS
Vis is a much larger topic and one you NEED to learn about. Go to the Jedi boards and read all you can about it. You should read every sticky and FAQ on the Jedi Boards. Even if you think you know that already, do it.

Templete
My Temp is Mpowers/2404Enhancer/3040Def/4000healer.
Powers is a very tricky beast and really is not the best temp to have.

Sabers: The FOTM saber build is 0404 saber. The Primary reason for this is that -4-- saber gives you Armor Break, which is HUGE in BH Combat. Do not under estimate the power of Armor Break. It often is the difference between a win and a cloner trip.

Healer:
nov gives you 500 heal. 2--- is 1000 and 4---heal is 1500 heal. You need at least 3000healer. You just do, stop reading and move on.

Other than that --4- is popular but Sap just got a nerf so it is not as popular as it used to be but I still like it. ---4 is starting to become popular more and more as the though of States actually 'doing something' becomes more real. (currently states do squat).

powers: 4400 is popular so is 0400. Other than that you need to Master Powers for it to be a Viable combat solution. Personally if you dabble just get 0400 as lightning, while cool, do not do enough damage to warrent the Skill Points.

Cloak, well, you have all seen what it does and it is an excellent tool to tip the scales and make a BH fight your fight and not his.

Enhancer.
Like I said, you need 0002 enhancer. This is the Force Channel skill which allows you to take your health and turn it into force. the generic regen time for force is insanely slow. You cannot live (literally) without at least 0002 enhancer.

Armor
Im going to skip ahead a bit and talk about armor.
there are three kinds of defences. Force Armor, Inate Armor and Buffed Armor (aura and Valor).

Damage hits your Melee and Ranged Def first. Aura and Valor add to these ratings. Aura 1 gives +250 to Def and Aura 2 gives +500 (Valor is often not used as it lowers your attack damage). Then Damage goes to your Inate Armor and finally to your Force Armor.

Since Force Armor takes Force away from you with ever hit you take you want to mitigate as much of that as possible. I like the Aura II FAII combo. It allows me to take a beating without a huge Force loss. If you have to choose bewteen the two take Aura II. FA1 gives +20 to Jedi Inate and FA2 gives +40 but remember it takes away force every time your hit.

Again, use your TK inate for as long as you can. It works and works well. Use that time to get your offensive skill points. Once your Jedi Inate passes your TK Inate then your TK Inate will become useless and you might as well just drop it.

Plan Your Grind
This is more important than you think. know what you want to get and when you should get it. First off, get Offensive skills: LS 0404 is a nice start.

Don't go for a master box right away. You may want MLS but it would be foolish to get MLS before you got anything else. Get 0404 ls (or whatever) then move on and come back when your temp is more rounded out.

get at least 2000heal and 0002enhance as soon as possible these are great skills to have.

get things you know you may drop later. the grind is LONG! You will be weak for a long time. That may make it worth getting 2---enhancer for force run. It may not fix in your final temp but the 600k you spend now can end up saving you countless XP loss as you force run away from a BH. (there is NO shame in running! take the hate tells and ignore them!).

Know when you are close to loosing your TK armor. Once you do you may want to get all your def as soon as possible there after.
------------------

More later. feel free to ask questions here.

Last edited by iJasonT on Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:45 am 
Site Admin

---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:51 am 

Thanks for the info post Moge. Its very helpful and thanks for all your help you've given, especially all day yesterday when I needed it the most :D

Seems things are going to be very different having my MAIN character be a jedi. But its cool, I can take the good with the bad. Its all just part of the game :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:28 pm 
Spammer

Thanks for the heads up Moge.

K'Rynn is about to finish her pady trials today so this guide should prove useful in the future

...runs off to craft first lightsaber...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:57 pm 
Spammer

This is great, but I'd like to know how to get to Padawan in the first place. :)

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:50 pm 

Master Gui-Jan wrote:
This is great, but I'd like to know how to get to Padawan in the first place. :)

well for me it was a journey that i officially started this past febuary. I made jedi under the newest jedi system currently in the game - i got the rebel theme park badge, jabba's place badge and the two badges from the warren. I also visted all the jedi poi's that give badges and then i was glowing with the force. Next was the visit from the old man, who visited me 2 days later and sent me to the Aurillian Village on dath. Every 3 weeks or so, at the village, i was given a quest to 'unlock' a branch of force sensitive skills -4 skill boxes per branch. Each skill box required a number of force sensitive (fs) xp that was needed to train the box. I traded regular weapons/combat xp for fs xp which related to 1 fs xp to every 30 combat related xp I recieved for hunting and killing. It litterally took millions of fs xp until I had all 6 branches of skill boxes completed. After I completed all 6 branches, I was again visited by the old man who gave me the quest to kill Mellichae, an evil jedi and his gay lover and freinds. Once this quest was completed, I was to complete 15 quests as a jedi initiate. Upon completing my last of the 15 quests yesterday the first day of July, I was dubbed a jedi padawan and given the jedi robes. Pretty simple really :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:05 am 

Congrats to K'rynn! Our new and my fellow jedi paddy as of last night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:26 pm 
Spammer

Thank you, thank you!!!

This is an honor to be shared with all Avians. Especially those who helped me kill Mell (and his gay lovers as Erime so eloquently describes them). Big props also go out to Maili/Nanasawa for their helping me kill a big bloodmite and track some falumpasets on Naboo (man, its like they're an endangered specis or something).

All in all, let's get down to what's important here - I now have a huge glowing rod!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:58 pm 
Spammer

By the way, Nice guide, Moge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:27 pm 

So I guess the game is overrun by Jedi now?

CoH Powerburn lvl 47 Fire Blaster [Retired]
WoW-Europe Andromalius lvl 60 Dwarven Warrior [Active]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:31 am 
Spammer

Sluggy wrote:
So I guess the game is overrun by Jedi now?

Yeah, pretty much.

On the upside, you can always join the bazillion Bounty Hunters and help kill all the Jedi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:52 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

I think they're gradually working to solve that though. Possibly a clonetrooper ganking jedi fest?

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:30 am 

iJasonT wrote:
Non-Jedi Skills:
Before you start your grind I would recommend getting TKM/4000Scout and then what ever else you want.

4000scout is just good to have. TKM will act as your armor until you train enough to rely on your Jedi Armor and Skills. TKM is Inate armor just like Jedi so if you have 60 TK and 30 Jedi Inate the TK armor will override. Remember you get 20 Jedi Inate at Padawan.

try and keep COB (+500 def) and as much TK Inate as possible for as long as possible.

Others get --44 Sword for the Def and Acc. This is good as well but you may find yourself dropping it rather quickly as Force Boxes are expensive.

Another train of thought is to get Master Doc and the start training up your LS tress ASAP. Doc gives you some pretty good defence and the best healing in the game. All of the grinders in DxD get Doc while they do the Jedi grind. TK is also good, but with doc you can get your offence built up faster and with less Skill Points. Keep 4044 Doc to get you trained to at least 0404 LS, then start up the 4000 healer tree while you drop Doc.

PS Long time no see everyone!!!