Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Prelim Publish 20 Notes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:24 pm 

Note these notes were accidently posted in public by Garva and then removed within a short time. They are subject to change and may include more or less than what is written here. Use caution when reading and judging the content of this publish.

Quote:
Test Center and TC-Bloodfin
Version 0.

Based upon feedback from the Correspondents and Fan Fest attendees the Entertainer profession will receive a new music and dance icon as well as 6 new entertainer abilities. Read on for more details.

Profession: Entertainer
New Dance
Bunduki (an interpretive dance from the planet on which the Teras Kasi fighting style originated)

New Song
Swing

New dance particles:
Center Stage
Color Swirl
Dance Floor

New music particles:
Featured Solo
Laser Show
Fire Jet 2

Fix ed exotic flourishes so they now function properly
Battle Fatigue is no longer acquired and entertainers can no longer heal it.
Entertainer's and elite professions' skill branches have been reworked to accommodate these changes.

Add props to old healing branch
Dance props
Staff
Sword
Sparkler
Glowstick
Torch
Ribbon
Double Ribbon
Mystical Ribbon
Double Mystical Ribbon
Sparkle Ribbon
Double Sparkle Ribbon
Also, at novice dancer or higher, dancers can duel wield props.

Profession: Image Designer
Image Designers will no longer see other players avatars in the user interface as swimming

Profession: Bounty Hunter

NPC Bounty missions will now work properly. The Mark will now be of appropriate difficulty based on the difficulty of the mission
Moved Player Bounty Hunting to the Master Bounty Hunter skill Box
Bounty Hunter Jedi missions (1) no longer list Jedi names and (2) prevent you from determining Jedi’s level via mission payout

Profession: Scout

Phecnacine Dart will no longer cause creatures AI to turn off

Profession: Pilots

Pilots that drop a pilot profession will no longer lose an extra 10% experience if they have an inspiration buff.

Profession: Jedi

FS Village, Phase 4:
Increased the frequency of the Sith Shadow Pirates spawn to make the Village Assault (Ranged Speed / Melee Defense) quest is now easier to complete
Players that are using force cloaked will no longer be targetable
Jedi heals will no longer cost Force and Mind if the target does not require healing

Armor / Weapons

Fixed an Issue with the Mabari Gloves

UI

Removed the version number from the splash screen. If you would like to retrieve the version number, press CTRL+SHIFT+G in game.
Master Badges will now be granted during the token respec period
Fixed the range indicator so it packs down when HAM bars are invisible.

GCW

Reduce TEF timer to 2.5 minutes.
Combat between a bounty hunter and a Jedi for which the bounty hunter has a bounty mission will result in a "bounty hunter TEF". No other TEF (such as factional TEF, for example) is applied. The "bounty hunter TEF" will prevent both the bounty hunter and Jedi from entering player structures, and will eject the player from a player structure if the TEF is received while the player is in the player structure.
Guild war pvp no longer results in a TEF, unless the combatants are a bounty hunter and a Jedi for which the bounty hunter has a bounty mission, in which case it will result in a "bounty hunter TEF".
Opposing factional TEF and "bounty hunter TEF" are applied to both combatants as soon as any of the combatants attacks.

Quests / Loot

Mellichae now drops his cyborg arm as loot.
Mellichae and Daktar Bloodmoon now drop more appropriate loot.
NPC Jedi can now drop medpacks, clothing, and pistols as loot.

AI

Fixed an error case where AI would emit a "?" over its head when a non-threat approached.
Pets: If a pet attacks a mob, the mob will now also be aggressive to the pet's master. So if you send a pet on a mob, and the pet dies, the mob will attack you. If you send your pet to attack a lair, mobs from the lair will additionally attack you.
Pets: Pets now inherit the same aggro radius reduction as their master. Previously a lvl 80 player with a lvl 40 pet could possibly have an AI aggro the pet, but not the player. Now the pet has the same aggro radius as the player.
Pets: A pet can no longer pull a mob without getting within the aggro radius of or attacking a mob. Previously just telling a pet to attack a mob initiated the pet and the mob in combat instantly.
Pets: A pet no longer stops attacking a lair (or any immobile AI) after a short period of time. They will continue to attack as ordered.
Pets: Fixed a case where pets could lose their ranged weapons when incapped and not regain the weapon until stored/recalled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:29 am 

Me thinks me is going to spend some time on TC when publish 20 is coming out...seems some testing is needed for entertainers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:37 am 

There are some ideas I like in this publish. I like the bh changes. Now one would have to be a MBH to hunt jedi, plus they are removing the jedi names from the terms and also their levels. This way they cant just easily key in on poor little weak low level Erime and just sit and wait at starports. They are going to have to guess who it is that they are tangling with :P Maybe this will slow down all those respec'd bhs hehe

Some of the pet changes Im kinda suspicious about. It seems they are trying to make harder the use of pets as a pulling device for agro mobs and yet nerf my old fav prof ch again :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

yeah the BH changes are nice. Bummer about the BH TEK but I can see why that is needed.

I like the fact that they only show Faction and, for BHs, it is nice that they only show people who are online. I've hunted a few Jedi and it is a pain to find people online.

I do fear that this will make it easier for gank squads though as there will be fewer people listed.

Ill just have to keep my finger on the Cloak/Force Run I macro I built :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:02 pm 

Once again MCH getting the short end of the stick. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Full notes where added.
cool new notes in Bold.

-----------
Test Center and TC-Bloodfin
Version 0.125813

Based upon feedback from the Correspondents and Fan Fest attendees the Entertainer profession will receive a new music and dance icon as well as 6 new entertainer abilities. Read on for more details.

General

* All mission terminal missions will auto decay from your Datapad after 3 days (Destroy missions, Bounty missions, etc)

FanFest/Correspondent Feedback Changes

* Dying in space no longer adds wounds
* You can now group with your droids in space
* Group members no longer add to a Jedi's visibility
* Rifleman cover is no longer affected by group mates

* It is no longer possible to inadvertently pay double XP for learning a new skill

Profession: Entertainer

* Added a New Dance - Bunduki (an interpretive dance from the planet on which the Teras Kasi fighting style originated)
* Added a New Song - Swing
* Add new particles to the old healing branch
o New dance particles:
+ Center Stage
+ Color Swirl
+ Dance Floor
o New music particles:
+ Featured Solo
+ Laser Show
+ Fire Jet 2
* Exotic flourishes now function properly.
* Battle Fatigue is no longer acquired and entertainers can no longer heal it.
o Entertainer's and elite professions' skill branches have been reworked to accommodate these changes.
* Add NEW dance props to old healing branch
o Staff
o Sword
o Sparkler
o Glowstick
o Torch
o Ribbon
o Double Ribbon
o Mystical Ribbon
o Double Mystical Ribbon
o Sparkle Ribbon
o Double Sparkle Ribbon
o Also, at novice dancer or higher, dancers can dual wield props.

Profession: Image Designer

* Image Designers will no longer see other players avatars in the user interface as swimming

Profession: Bounty Hunter

* NPC Bounty missions will now work properly. The Mark will be of appropriate difficulty based on the difficulty of the mission
* Moved Player Bounty Hunting to the Master Bounty Hunter skill Box
* Jedi missions are only created for online Jedi, the Jedi may go offline after the mission is created
* Jedi missions display Faction instead of Jedi name
* Jedi missions all display a payout of a random number between 45000 - 52000 credits on the terminal but may pay a bonus amount based on level and time since the Jedi was last killed

Profession: Scout

* The Phecnacine Dart will no longer cause creatures AI to turn off

Profession: Pilots

* Pilots that drop a pilot profession will no longer lose an extra 10% experience if they have an inspiration buff.

Profession: Jedi

* Increased the frequency of the Sith Shadow Pirates spawn in phase 4 of the Force Sensitive Village, to make the Village Assault (Ranged Speed / Melee Defense) quest easier to complete
* Players that are using the ability "force cloaked" will no longer be targetable
* Jedi heals will no longer cost Force and Mind if the target does not require healing

Armor / Weapons

* Fixed an Issue with the Mabari Gloves

UI

* Removed the version number from the splash screen. If you would like to retrieve the version number, press CTRL+SHIFT+G in game.
* Master Badges will now be granted during the token respec period
* Fixed the range indicator so it packs down when HAM bars are invisible.

Galactic Civil War (GCW)

* Reduce Temporary Enemy Flag (TEF) timer to 2.5 minutes.
* Combat between a bounty hunter and a Jedi for which the bounty hunter has a bounty mission will result in a "bounty hunter TEF". No other TEF (such as factional TEF, for example) is applied. The "bounty hunter TEF" will prevent both the bounty hunter and Jedi from entering player structures, and will eject the player from a player structure if the TEF is received while the player is in the player structure.
* Guild war PVP no longer results in a TEF, unless the combatants are a bounty hunter and a Jedi for which the bounty hunter has a bounty mission, in which case it will result in a "bounty hunter TEF".
* Opposing factional TEF and "bounty hunter TEF" are applied to both combatants as soon as any of the combatants attacks.

Quests / Loot

* Mellichae now drops his cyborg arm as loot.
* Mellichae and Daktar Bloodmoon now drop more appropriate loot.
* NPC Jedi can now drop medpacks, clothing, and pistols as loot.

AI

* Fixed an error case where AI would emit a "?" over its head when a non-threat approached.
* Pets: If a pet attacks a mob, the mob will now also be aggressive to the pet's master. So if you send a pet on a mob, and the pet dies, the mob will attack you. If you send your pet to attack a lair, mobs from the lair will additionally attack you.
* Pets: Pets now inherit the same aggro radius reduction as their master. Previously a lvl 80 player with a lvl 40 pet could possibly have an AI aggro the pet, but not the player. Now the pet has the same aggro radius as the player.
* Pets: A pet can no longer pull a mob without getting within the aggro radius of or attacking a mob. Previously just telling a pet to attack a mob initiated the pet and the mob in combat instantly.
* Pets: A pet no longer stops attacking a lair (or any immobile AI) after a short period of time. They will continue to attack as ordered.
* Pets: Pets no longer lose their ranged weapons on occasion when incapacitated.

New Player Tutorial

* Moved the tutorial toggle to a more obvious place in the character creation screens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:36 pm 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:
* Battle Fatigue is no longer acquired and entertainers can no longer heal it.

Well now, that's something new. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:32 pm 
Spammer

Quote:
Phecnacine Dart will no longer cause creatures AI to turn off

:shock: What was in those darts?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Liro,
they where talking about taking BF out of the game for a while now. Im glad it's gone. Im also very glad that Space Deaths no longer create wounds.

Doc healing of wounds is so bad that it you get 200 wounds (2 space deaths) then it would take nearly 3-4 minutes for a doc to heal. That is IF you could find a doc willing to heal you.

All in all these are all positive changes and I dont see anything that could be labeled a nerf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:36 pm 

also notice, Moge, that Maili can't be targeted while cloaked anymore....

Except for the nerfs to CH, it seems like a fairly solid publish except there is no mention of fixes for the chatboxes, for tailor's BE clothes, or for the annoying "use me now damnit" respec box...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:40 pm 
Spammer

Good stuff, all, Moge. See? Even though I'm not *currently* in-game, I keep my eye on things! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:31 pm 
Spammer

One of the changes for BH is just idiotic, and that's not being able to know the Jedi's name.

Why is it idiotic? I am glad you asked.

Imagine this... you take a mission for a Jedi. You send up your droid and find he's on Wookiee World, which happens a lot. You might as well just drop the mission because that means you'll have to scour every inch of the planet and every instance of every "dungeon" tabbing through everyone to see if you can attack them because BH droids don't work there and you have no idea who your target is.

Yeah, really smart change there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

I agree that this is an issue. I believe that Jedi should be huntable on Kashyyyk and the fact that they are not is just lazy coding on the Devs part.

however, Kashyyyk aside, this is a good change. As a Jedi get more skill more BHs will not hunt him. This leaves all the Jedi that could fight back not getting attacked and all Jedi that cannot fight back yet being targeted.

This change also removes a common problem of vendeda hunting. Ive beaten several BHs only to have them return with gank squads and gank me. Removing the names fixes more problems than it solves. Also this fix should not be blamed or hated soley based on the Kashyyyk issue. Kash is a problem for the Dev and players and need to be addressed by allowing Droids to work there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:00 pm 

I am sure that it will all be worked out soon... though if they dont fix the damn respec box, I might be sending a hit team to take out a random dev....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:41 pm 

well, I do not mind BF going, but it would be nice to get something to replace it with... the inspiration buffs that are now are not enough to draw an audience... no point in being social if there is no audience...BF at least got you an audience...

We got one song, and 3 new particle effects, and musician instruments moved from knowledge to a separate line.

The new song is pretty cool though...and I like the particle effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:43 pm 

As for the BH/jedi change where the names are no longer on the terminal, I think they should let the BH know the name as the hunt proceeds. That they removed it from the terminals are good imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

the BH finds the Name when the mark is found. Remember it is up to the BH to attack or not.

Finding marks is already much faster now that they only show Jedi that are currently online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:02 pm 

I, for one, cannot wait to unlock as I will actually be able to roleplay my character as he is in the m-board rpg I GM.... I have already been trying to rp more in recent weeks and hope to do better....

The changes to Ent are kinda bad for them however I will always come and visit them for buffs or just to stand around talking while listening (to the occasional "good" musician)... and of course they always get my tip regardless of BF or not...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:47 pm 

My biggest grip with the lack of name for the mark of the BH has nothing to do with game mechanics, but just pure logic.

I have not yet heard of any assassin or bounty hunter in real life or in literature that has not either known the name or an image of their target. Now, if there was a practical way of the bounty hunter to get an image of the target, without the name, that would actually be cool...maybe they could get some sort of examine window up, that showed the current look of the mark, and hiding their name.

That could perhaps be a workable solution to the problems associated with /who, /tells and what not...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:35 pm 

The changes to the BH have delighted Erime. No longer is he singled out and picked on constantly on a daily basis. Dying almost daily, hunted every minute by every noob moron respec non-master bh. In real life, how many times can a jedi die by contract?? Anyone think of that? Erime was a freaking cat with 9 lives for gosh sakes!

The ganking of new low level jedi, which WAS deamed as "glorious jedi hunting" by griefers is GONE!! Thes new changes have opened up all the upper level jedi to being hunted and they are delighted by that! They love it! They want to be hunted. They want to fight with bhs and they do happily. So no longer is Erime the sacrificial lamb for bh ego's. They have to work HARD now for that cash, not just add Erime to friends list and merrily walk up to him and rape him after a few harrasing tells. Ive been hunted and killed once since pub 20 and it was by a reputable very good and professional master bh. That is living as a true outlaw. Im happy :D