Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:23 pm 

Erime was grinding some jedi xp friday night and had just trained another LS box when I decided to jump into a another group on dant. The group was half jedi but that was just a false sense of security hehe. We were on the second lair of the group when something started attacking me. I had been periodically checking my overhead map for blue dots, but I had obviously missed something because it was no bol attacking me. I scanned the area and noticed a con red player stranger lying in the grass about 50m away shooting at me. I knew right away that is was a BH! A lone one and a CL 80. Well Erime, a weakly CL 63, was not going to die without fight, so I ran to him to took the fight to him. I had hot rodded my LS to 500 dmg and still had 3/4 my force left, so I pummled him with some saber armor breaks and strikes. Then I pulled out my knuckles and started a series of nice TKM round house kicks while force healing myself. I had used my health crystal, but it really didnt do any good since my health had dropped to low for it to have any effect. After a few moments, his health was dropping very rapidly and so he began to run from me. His kiting was not getting him anywhere though. I hit him with a few ranged force hits until he was incapped. My own health was almost gone, but I walked up to him and gave him a nice DB, followed by a respectful bow for a good attempt. By this time the whole hunt group had gathered around like a schoolyard brawl and cheered on the victor. Being a former BH, I took advantage of the weaknesses and mistakes this particular BH had made. But I know this first hit on me I was lucky to walk away and Im sure to be gunned downed like a dog in the future. For now this weakly jedi can be happy that he lived one more day :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:42 pm 
Spammer

/cheer

Great job! Silly BHs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:10 pm 

Good Job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

nice! Your first of many BH kills Im sure.
Ive found that BHs are either noobs (as this guy seemed to be) or amazing PVPers with little grey area inbetween.

Armor Break is easily the best offensive special you can use on in any PVP battle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:06 am 
Site Admin

Nice story, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:03 pm 
Spammer

Nice E!!!

Still waiting (or maybe not) my first BH experience. I am not too hopeful about it given my craptacular saber atm. But ya never know.

Chaulk one up for the good guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:17 pm 
Spammer

Well, K'Rynn has now had her first encounter with a BH and it has left a very bitter taste in her mouth. It was not a fair fight to say the least (it wasn't even a fight). Here's the skinny:

We were getting ready to group up and go up to do a Rebel vette assassination. While waiting for all members to arrive, and looking to turn combatant again, K got jumped.

First attack was from the BH's big-ass gaping spider, who I think puts a poison or some kind of bleed on (not 100% but I seem to recall something sticking). This was followed by a successful KD shot. By the time it took to turn around to fire back at my attacker I was down to 1/5 health. 1 quick force heal was all I could get in as I could not even see the attacker himself to taret him given that he had positioned himself behind the massive spider. Even tabbing to target him would have taken time given some targetable NPCs in the area. I was dead within 3-4 shots after the first spider spitting.

End result, one pissed off Zabrak and 111k jedi xp down the tubes. Who's brilliant idea was it to allow jedi xp to go into the negatives anyway?Fricken morons...

In any event, don't expect to see K running around freely anytime soon. She is meditating on her limited jedi knowledge right now and hopes to be joining the jedi grindage on wednesday nights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

yep, that sucks hard. Ive been killed many times where it just angered me to no end. Take some time away from the Jedi and you will find yourself coming back soon enough.

/target closest enemy player (whatever that command is) may help in the future. I think there is even a cycle, which would be even better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:08 pm 

Well sorry to hear your first BH encounter didnt go so well K. These guys come up with all kinds of ways to attack you. On another thought, its really pitiful when a CL 80 finds hunting a 50-60 ish level player 'a challenge' lol Then they are thrilled and proud when they kill them. One night a lvl 19 jedi got slammed hard in our group and the BH acted like they just solo'd a krayt or something. Really pathetic. Its why hunting jedi turned me off when I was BH. The only jedi I could manage where the weaklings. To go after the decent lvl jedi you have to group gang bang em -thats just no fun for me. Im no griefer. Alot of BHs out here are just griefers. They are jealous of the jedi or something and act like little punks. Im glad the changes are coming to thwart these type of players and make the whole thing fun instead of harrassment. It does suck that we go into the negatives. It should be like if I have no xp on me, then I have nothing to lose. Im kinda sad that I cant play Erime full time like I used to. Im starting to pull Erime back since the next boxes he needs are all 800k jedi xp. Its hard to walk around with 200-300k xp that can be lost at anytime. But its the path I chose to walk. I have been relaxing in game though with Somel's business and crafting and getting Eriant on his feet. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:41 am 

Angelus wrote:
Well, K'Rynn has now had her first encounter with a BH and it has left a very bitter taste in her mouth. It was not a fair fight to say the least (it wasn't even a fight). Here's the skinny:

We were getting ready to group up and go up to do a Rebel vette assassination. While waiting for all members to arrive, and looking to turn combatant again, K got jumped.

First attack was from the BH's big-ass gaping spider, who I think puts a poison or some kind of bleed on (not 100% but I seem to recall something sticking). This was followed by a successful KD shot. By the time it took to turn around to fire back at my attacker I was down to 1/5 health. 1 quick force heal was all I could get in as I could not even see the attacker himself to taret him given that he had positioned himself behind the massive spider. Even tabbing to target him would have taken time given some targetable NPCs in the area. I was dead within 3-4 shots after the first spider spitting.

End result, one pissed off Zabrak and 111k jedi xp down the tubes. Who's brilliant idea was it to allow jedi xp to go into the negatives anyway?Fricken morons...

In any event, don't expect to see K running around freely anytime soon. She is meditating on her limited jedi knowledge right now and hopes to be joining the jedi grindage on wednesday nights.

This is why I love Ventrilo for Jedi grinding. Its always nice to have 8 sets of eyes watching out for you instead of just one. Get with me ingame and I can send you the Ventrilo info for grind night. A lot of times people just say something in Vent and dont even get a chance to type anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:19 am 
Spammer

Thanks T. I can't make grind night until late tonight due to basement renovations we're securing the new wall frames to the cement floor) but hope to be done relatively early and hook up with you guys later on.

If not, K'Rynn will be content to continue to work on her re-found rifle skills.

As I said in game last night, "damn I miss Master Rifleman!!" :D

Should a BH decide to mess with a lowly CL58 again, he's gonna suffer a major /headshot