Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:55 am 

Here is the list of currrent updates on test center (part of publish 21). My comments in red for some of the fixes.

Combat

Changed the Combat Haste value on Luilris Mushroom Pie to be more in line with other Combat Haste buffs.

Experience Points

Updated group experience point bonuses and group XP bonus rewards can now be easily identified in the XP feedback.

Xp number is now displayed as a flyover text after the creature gets killed.
No number of xp in the combat tab.
Difficult to determine the xp split if you use several abilities (e.g. combat + medical + ch). You will have to follow the experience monitor or your skill tree to monitor xp changes in several proffesions at a time.

The following is now displayed in the combat log:

You have earned <profession> xp.

or, if you have inspiration buff

You have earned <profession> xp. (with 10% inspiratiaton bonus)

They also seem to be playing around with the xp amount for groups and soloists, but I do not think we have the final numbers yet. Follow Red-Darfs and other TC-regulars posts on those issues if you want some serious information about those changes.

Misc.

The word "sturdy" and "glass" are no longer reserved words.

Profession: Bounty Hunter

Master Bounty Hunters should see more Elite level marks.
Bounty Hunters should no longer be prevented from attacking their NPC bounty targets.

Profession: Creature Handler

Pet Critical Damage (both the ability and Bio Engineered stat) will work correctly.
All triggered Pet Abilities will now have Action & Mind costs for the pet.
Ranged pet actions will now have the same Action / Mind costs as melee pet actions.
Pet Ability experience points will now carry over to next maturity level when completing a maturity level.
Creatures of the same species as a pet will no longer ignore the pet and only attack the master.
Creature Handlers will no longer occasionally receive double experience points when their pet is not in group with them.
Added the Train Pet command to the command browser (CTRL-A).
Pet Abilities now have unique buff / de-buff icons.
The pet command training window will automatically re-open once the pet learns the command.

Profession: Droid Engineer

All droid modules will work properly.

Yes, droids now work again.

Profession: Jedi

Force Intimidation will no longer copy the previous target's posture to the current target (which sometimes resulted in a cone of death).

Profession: Musician

Players can no longer move other player's musical instruments.

Profession: Scout / Ranger

The restriction on placing a camp too close to a lair has been removed.

Profession: Smuggler

Slicing components will now auto-stack.
Slicing Critical Damage will work correctly.

Profession: Weaponsmiths

Weapon crafting using loot drop stocks and scopes will now create valid weapons. This change only effects newly looted component stocks and scopes.
Nightsister vibro motors can now be crafted with valid damage types. This change only effects newly looted Nightsister vibro motors.

Space

Players are now able to access components in ships in their datapad that are not the same space faction as their current space faction.
Species

Species abilities can again only be used by the specific species that have special abilities.

Vehicles

There is no longer a 15-45 second delay on calling vehicles.
Disabled AV21's and Jetpacks can now be repaired at garages.

Wearables

Some helmets (such as AT-AT Helmet, Black Sun Ace Fighter Helmet, Imperial Ace Fighter Helmet, Privateer Ace Fighter Helmet, Rebel Ace Fighter Helmet, Tie Pilot Helmet, and Tusken Raider Helmet) have been reclassified as clothing so can be worn without incurring armor penalty or being prevented from wearing the item.
In cases where the game would occasionally think a character is wearing armor, and they are not wearing any armor, but an armor penalty is applied will no longer happen.
[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:03 pm 

Seems like they published this as p22, with only 16 hours of effective testing on Test Center.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:50 pm 
Spammer

Kyp Darron wrote:
Seems like they published this as p22, with only 16 hours of effective testing on Test Center.

Yet another reason why I quit SWG. They keep insisting on pushing out crappier and crappier publishes with hardly any testing that cause major problems for the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:01 pm 

Effective testing on Test Center is an oxymoron. In fact, there is little to no testing, or any results that do come from testing are completely ignored. I've suspected for a long time, and I'm now convinced, that SOE is doing everything in it's power to get out of the license agreement with LA and shut down SWG. The SOE/LA relationship is a doomed partnership. It's as if neither want the game to succeed. That's an odd assesment to make, but can anyone honestly come up with a better explaination for the unexplainable and repeated failures on the developers side? It's a pity, because SWG could have been a great game, and was a great game. I think it was in a better state a few months after launch than it is now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:28 am 
Spammer

SWG "was" great ? When was that ?

I'm impressed droids are still broken... There MUST be something behind the bugginess of this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:48 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

So if they shut it all down, do I get my money back? :P

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:53 am 

You're right.. I should not have said it was a great game. It was great fun to play at one time. This latest XP Nerf just really exposes the contempt that SOE has for their paying player base. Let's totally hose up the group XP and say that "uhhhh, like, duh, we forgot to tell you, we completely over looked it" when that was the WHOLE HOTFIX! I don't pay/play anymore and that still ticks me off. The game won't be fixed, the SOE mgmt ahs no interest in making you happy or telling you what's going on. Every $15 a person pays them each month gets a laugh out of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:08 am 

Angus MacGregor wrote:
Kyp Darron wrote:

Yet another reason why I quit SWG. They keep insisting on pushing out crappier and crappier publishes with hardly any testing that cause major problems for the game.

Yeah but is sure was fun blowing all my money on different outfits ... Man I was worse than a 16 y/o girl with her daddies credit card! hehe ;)