Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:33 am 

With publish 24, and the upgrades and fixes to the Y-8 mining vessel, Core Resources will establish itself in space with a couple of Y-8 ships. The idea is to have a few pilots with Y-8 piloting skills and Y-8 ships, and a list of crew members willing to work on board of these ships, to mine space resources, that can be contacted by the pilots for missions.

As for the payment, this is not ready yet, as it depends on the efficiency of mining with a full crew and the y-8 ship, as well as the cargo it can hold, and also the market for these resources. These details will be worked on when the new Y-8 modifications and fixes reach Test Center.

I hope we have some Master Pilots that would like to be Captains of a Y-8 mining vessel, and bring crews (avians and non-avians) out in space to mine resources.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:15 am 

Relevant Dev quotes:

Quote:
Darth_Platypus wrote:

Allow me to revive this post from the dead, and forgive me my necroposting sins.

Awesome work on compiling this info AhrienTerrik. I agree with your fix suggestions, and have implemented something exactly along those lines for Publish 24 to fix the experimentation issues with the Elite components and mining tools. When Pub 24 hits TC, you'll see that resource requirements have changed for all of these components to make experimentation more favorable.

You'll also notice that the Elite, multiplayer-ship-only components have had some pretty major stat upgrades so that a team of people crewing a multiplayer ship will be a formidable force. I've tweaked those stats before, but not to this extent. People have told me that a crewed multiplayer vessel should be about as deadly as if those people were each flying a starfighter, and the stat increases I implemented should put the elite components into that range. I'll tweak in testing as needed based on your feedback and our QA, so once you guys get a hold of these changes, please let me know how close I am to being on target with these changes.

Cheers, and have a good weekend.

Quote:
Darth_Platypus wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gorefang wrote:

I read the DEV's were going to make the Y-8 into a "real miner". Is there any ETA?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies for my absence from these forums for some time now, and for making the comments about the Y8 improvements slightly before I was ready to do so. That said...

I just finished testing the extra turret additions on the Y-8---two new fully functional turrets on the frontside of the ship that cover the front and sides of the ship. The range of motion on them is pretty permissive. Add that to mining laser experimentation fixes, some decreased asteroid resource requirements on items that use them, and an increase in the number of resources granted per asteroid chunk destroyed/tractor beamed, and I think mining in the Y-8 will be a more attractive proposition. Look for that change in Publish 24.

Looking forward to your feedback on this. Have a great weekend

Quote:
Darth_Platypus wrote:

ARC_Casper wrote:
Good to see you back around William! How about any info on fixing the quest to get the Y-8 will that be fixed with publish 24 since the ship will be usefull then Thanks.

I'm actually looking at the quest issue right now trying to figure out what is going on with it. I'll update you guys when I find the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:16 am 
Site Admin

I'd be willing to host a crew. I was very happy to read those changes. I'll be getting my Y-8 and Nova up to spec when this hits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:01 pm 

Is it possible to mine the asteroids with other ships? As long they got a cargohold and minilaser of course.

If yes then you'll find me at the Kessel system mining diamonds with my Longprobe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:36 pm 

Sure, that is possible. When I set up my vendor, both owners of multiplayer ships and other ships will be able to deliver resources to the vendors of Core Resources. This is also great in periods where there is not enough crew to man an Y-8 effectively.

I might even set up a vendor already now that will buy asteroid resources, just to get the ball rolling.

But I need to find out approx what the mining depots pay for the different resources, and what the market down on ground are willing to pay for it, so that I can decide upon 1. the price I am going to buy resources at, and 2. the price I am going to sell resources at.

So if any of you have some general idea what the standard prices to the npc stations are, as well as the prices on the market are, it would be appreciated.

From my understanding, the prices are a bit overblown currently, due to the difficulty of aqquiring enough resources for the demand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:20 pm 
Spammer

Kyp Darron wrote:
Sure, that is possible. When I set up my vendor, both owners of multiplayer ships and other ships will be able to deliver resources to the vendors of Core Resources. This is also great in periods where there is not enough crew to man an Y-8 effectively.

I might even set up a vendor already now that will buy asteroid resources, just to get the ball rolling.

But I need to find out approx what the mining depots pay for the different resources, and what the market down on ground are willing to pay for it, so that I can decide upon 1. the price I am going to buy resources at, and 2. the price I am going to sell resources at.

So if any of you have some general idea what the standard prices to the npc stations are, as well as the prices on the market are, it would be appreciated.

From my understanding, the prices are a bit overblown currently, due to the difficulty of aqquiring enough resources for the demand?

K'yp,

Considering that prices are way too high right now, and that once these changes are in place there is a very small chance they might change the price the Station pays for said resources, you might want to hold off on buying right now.

Just in case you don't want to hold off, and also because I will need to keep track of this too, and possibly be one of your primary customers for space resources, I am going to track the current pricing trends right now as well, and I will share my findings with you. :)

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:40 pm 

I didn't get the answer completely.

What do I need to do space mining?

A ship of course. Anyship ok?
A cargohold on the ship?
Are weapons ok or do you need a mininglaser?

Sorry if I sound stupid, but I need it cut out in cardboard.