Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: refunds offered
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
rials of Obi-Wan refunds offered
LucasArts and Sony Online offer money back for players who bought the latest expansion before sweeping game changes were announced.

Last week, just days after shipping the Star Wars Galaxies expansion pack Trials of Obi-Wan, LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment revealed that they were going to give the massively multiplayer online role-playing game a massive overhaul.

The update will introduce sweeping changes to the online game, such as redefining all characters into nine professions and eliminating some skills entirely, such as creature handling. While these and other changes will be introduced gradually, the initial reaction from many of Galaxies' players, some of whom are having years of progress eliminated or trivialized, has been quite negative.

To appease some of those angered by the reworking of Star Wars Galaxies, Sony Online and LucasArts are offering refunds to anyone with a Galaxies account in good standing who purchased the Trials of Obi-Wan before November 3. Players seeking refunds should send their name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and Station Name to refunds@soe.sony.com. Alternatively, they can send written requests to the following address:

SWG Trials of Obi-Wan Refunds
8928 Terman Court
San Diego, CA 92121

All requests must be made by December 1, 2005.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:58 pm 
Spammer

Monkeys are running things it seems.

For those who have been playing MMO's longer than I have, can you recall any product being so thoroughly f*cked up / over / beyond, etc?

I'm surprised that this hasn't been more thoroughly documented by some of the big mags and sites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:02 pm 

I agree dbakke... what a train wreck! How can you ship an expansion and then completely overhaul the whole game a week later???

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

I wanted to get ToOW but could not justify the cost. Now I may and then just get a refund! HA!

Post subject: Re: refunds offered
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:05 pm 

Quote:
Sony Online and LucasArts are offering refunds to anyone with a Galaxies account in good standing who purchased the Trials of Obi-Wan before November 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:05 pm 
Spammer

I actually read an interview (think it was gamespy) with a rep from SOE about the changes. Don't have the link handy.

The interviewer explicitly asked if refund were to be given for those customers who bought the expansion, then had the sweeping changes revealed, and were now pissed. The guy said a blunt "no".

Glad to see those protesting on the boards made a little head way here and can at least get the money back. As for the time they invested over the years, well, that is just gone.

This game really is turning into a debacle (how often do you see that word come up? :D ). Never before have I seen something with so much great potential be turned so foul. The remnants at the bottom of our cat's litter has smelled better than SOE's business savvy that was SWG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

Not that I really frequent the 'main stream' game sites (I mostly follow the game dev community) I have seen some stuff on it on the likes of Gamespot.

Oh and...

iJasonT wrote:
I wanted to get ToOW but could not justify the cost. Now I may and then just get a refund! HA!

Quote:
offering refunds to anyone with a Galaxies account in good standing who purchased the Trials of Obi-Wan before November 3.

:P