It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Harvester changes in P26
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Harv farms are going away.
Single Admin only
50% increase in extraction rate.
All condemned harvs will be removed from the game.

Quote:
Greetings,

While investigating possible solutions to server load issues, we found that one of the key problems is the over-abundance of unused harvesters on the game worlds. There are far more harvesters out there among the planets than was ever intended and unfortunately our changes to allow structures to remain condemned, rather than removed, only made the matter worse.

Since changes were made to allow structures to be condemned rather than removed, not a single harvester has been removed from the servers. This has lead to unsightly harvester farms as well as clogging key resource areas with harvesters that are usually not even functioning.

Here is the proposed solution that we believe to be the best possible solution to this growing problem.

Harvester Cleanup: All condemned harvesters in the world will be removed to free up database space, improve server load times and increase performance overall. This will be done with plenty of fore-warning to allow anyone who needs to take care of maintenance fees, to do so before they are removed.

Harvester Maintenance: Going forward, when a harvester runs out of money, the harvester will be removed from the game. It will no longer pull money from the owners' bank to sustain itself nor will it enter a condemned state.

(The Harvester will still take damage when it runs out of maintenance and decay to 0%. Once it hits 0%, it will destroy itself rather than pull credits from the owner’s bank account).

Harvester Admin Abilities: We have also identified that, through various loopholes in the admin abilities, many crafters were able to make use of many more harvesters than was originally intended. In order to remedy this, we are removing the ability to grant Admin Rights to other players from harvesters. You will now only be able to place as many harvesters are your lot limit allows. Remember that each player is limited to 10 lots total.

This specific change will not affect houses, player city structures, guild halls or factories.

Increased Extraction Rate: We realize that this change will reduce the resources available to some crafters, so to help those who currently have more than their fair share of harvesters, we will increase the extraction rate of all harvesters by 50%

We feel, and we hope that you agree, that this proposed solution is an important change to the game. This clears up much needed database space which we need in order to allow extra character slots on the server of your choice, as well as serving to clear up older, unused harvesters and unsightly harvester farms.

Please let us know what you think of these proposed changes.

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:29 pm 
Spammer

Quote:
among the planets than was ever intended and unfortunately our changes to allow structures to remain condemned, rather than removed, only made the matter worse.

Buildings no longer up and disappear? So my old house is still sitting there useless except for the treasures inside?

Quote:
Harvester Admin Abilities: We have also identified that, through various loopholes in the admin abilities, many crafters were able to make use of many more harvesters than was originally intended. In order to remedy this, we are removing the ability to grant Admin Rights to other players from harvesters. You will now only be able to place as many harvesters are your lot limit allows. Remember that each player is limited to 10 lots total.

Increased Extraction Rate: We realize that this change will reduce the resources available to some crafters, so to help those who currently have more than their fair share of harvesters, we will increase the extraction rate of all harvesters by 50%

okay is it just me or does that last paragraph read as damage control...grow a freaking backbone if ur removing cross server lots just say it call it unintended exploit but then don't boosst harv yeild by 50%...thats just dumb. i guess those with the NGE most crafters are leavin the game so gotta support the economy some how and ensure resources for those few left.

Quote:
We feel, and we hope that you agree, that this proposed solution is an important change to the game. This clears up much needed database space which we need in order to allow extra character slots on the server of your choice, as well as serving to clear up older, unused harvesters and unsightly harvester farms.

MCS? And what do you think those chars will be for crafters...combat based...and what would we use their lots for...Harvs...

not that i care and its probably good mass static harv farms are going away in a minimal sortta way

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:36 pm 
Spammer

Nice change as I hated the site of fields upon fields of harvs everywhere. Sure it was cool to see a few, but not on each and every flat land on every planet.

MCS? I'd say this is damage control as well and tossing those staying a further bone and keep them doing stuff in game for as long as the servers stay up to keep the $ coming in.

But yeah, I agree with DF that MCS = more harvs, just not to the extent that cross-server farms did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
We have also identified that, through various loopholes in the admin abilities, many crafters were able to make use of many more harvesters than was originally intended.

This is the one that gets me. Are they just realizing this or are they just getting around to fixing this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:42 pm 
Spammer

Angelus wrote:
Nice change as I hated the site of fields upon fields of harvs everywhere. Sure it was cool to see a few, but not on each and every flat land on every planet.

MCS? I'd say this is damage control as well and tossing those staying a further bone and keep them doing stuff in game for as long as the servers stay up to keep the $ coming in.

But yeah, I agree with DF that MCS = more harvs, just not to the extent that cross-server farms did.

I just don't understand the no poofing that was in before...of course thats a dumb idea with harvs...they pay for themselves so quickly there is no reason for them not to poof if you get lazy...and so yea ur going to create fields of forgotten harvs

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:01 pm 
Spammer

I still have my AV (v1) house, it's hold by a hardcore fan friend (Le_Jedi_Fou maybe you've heard of him) and it's paid until 2009 :)

On a side note, maybe going MCS and allowing only 10 harv/char is gonna reduce the number of harvs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:54 am 

Load up problems?? Yeah, sounds like more meager bones to throw at whoever is staying. The servers are a ghost town and now they worry about abandoned harv fields. Guess its because of the now thousands more abandoned harvs after the mass exodus from nge. Most of all the vet crafters have left or quit the profession because players can loot better stuff than can be crafted. With nge there is no incentive to be a crafter. So I agree, this is damage control for the big screwing of crafters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

this went live today. Second toons are not available as well. Haven't logged in, and not sure I plan to either.