Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why Why Why!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Why to do I read the Dev Boards? Why to I bother? Why can I not let this game go?

I read the boards and Im like 'oh yah that was fun. I should start my account back up' WTH is wrong with me?

I read today that 'RIS components are now lootable again' and 'Y8 ships now have transparent windows again' these where bugs months ago when I played the NGE there are huge bugs. They just -now- fixed them? And they make it sound like they have added this great new content to the game by doing so.

uhg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:51 pm 
Spammer

Moge- You have more game time than me, so maybe my advice isn't helpful. I'm limited to basically throwing into one game. all or nothing for me.

The idea of Star Wars seems great. SWG had many things going for it, but a transparent window or lootable parts (which will be camped anyhow) doen't necessairly solve the larger issues. Plus, SOE squashes all negative posts :P.

Enjoy EVE and see how far you can get. Give SWG some more time and get some opinions before takign that journey.
Quote:
Fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. Fool moge for a 3rd/4th time and /target moge;/bonk;/bonk;/bonk

Put that thing on a macro and add /followtarget moge;/bonk;set to repeat every 30 seconds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:59 pm 

I read those darn forums everyday too while I'm at work. It's 1 part major boredom at the office and 1 part "I miss the game that was". But I have swore that I will not pay another penny to the SWG/SOE/LA abomination (more so for their contempt for their customers, not so much bugs in game). I have to keep reminding myself that the game that I remember is gone and will never be back.

I'm working on a role playing event with Esharra right now to continue in the Tusken's Bane Neutron 7 story arc. It's my way of part taking in what little there is the "old game" can teach the new. I won't be playing, but helping with the story and script.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:29 pm 

I used to visit the boards after I quit playing, but have since abandoned doing that. Reason being is that nothing has changed. Despite what seems to be a whole new group of players/nge lovers posting, they are posting the same old tired topics like ..."Devs Pls read", "Ideas for changes..devs read" and "Give the game/devs a chance to fix things" ..like the devs actually listen to the community

The best constant classics are posts like "if you hate the nge leave" ..like the servers are so populated they can take more defections. Or "the game is broke but I have hope things will change".....after 2 1/2+ years they are still hoping huh lol

The champion posts you will see these days come from the devs themselves trying to bring false excitement to the dead community with posts titled.."look for changes in the coming MONTHS!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:20 am 
Spammer

I am really, really surprised that the game mags have not written a front cover article about the death of this game. I think it would be fascinating to read about the chronology of hype, expectations, pre-release community creation a la Avian, mis-steps, false hope, unrealized potential, and then downright are you f'ing kidding me events like the NGE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:41 pm 

dbakke wrote:
I am really, really surprised that the game mags have not written a front cover article about the death of this game. I think it would be fascinating to read about the chronology of hype, expectations, pre-release community creation a la Avian, mis-steps, false hope, unrealized potential, and then downright are you f'ing kidding me events like the NGE.

This could be done on one of our sites...and linked out to forums...etc..heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:38 pm 
Spammer

LOL!!!! Great minds think alike!!!!

http://www.avian-gamers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16107

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:09 pm 

I know the feeling.... SWG was the first MMO I played.... I loved the game in both the pre-CU and post-CU flavors.... and hated the NGE as it took away everything that I was and everything I was trying for....

I used to get the urge to log-in, until I took my discs and messed up the undersides to prevent me from reinstalling the game... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:22 pm 

Sel Arin wrote:
I used to get the urge to log-in, until I took my discs and messed up the undersides to prevent me from reinstalling the game... :P

lol Pretty harsh.. I myself deleted my SWG program from my comp, not sure that it did anything permanant to keep away the urge. I couldnt bring myself to damage my disks tho, I have the special collectors edition and put everything back in its beautiful box like an old soldier putting his uniform in a trunk after his retirement. I think we just need to go to AA meetings or family death counseling or something :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:52 pm 

Erime S'erolf wrote:
Sel Arin wrote:

lol Pretty harsh.. I myself deleted my SWG program from my comp, not sure that it did anything permanant to keep away the urge. I couldnt bring myself to damage my disks tho, I have the special collectors edition and put everything back in its beautiful box like an old soldier putting his uniform in a trunk after his retirement. I think we just need to go to AA meetings or family death counseling or something :wink:

Well, I did consider bashing them to pieces and mailing them to Smedley.... :P I did actually go to EB and preach against the evils of the NGE.... they were rather disturbed... :P

it was a great dream.... its too bad we had to wake up.... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:49 am 

My dics are placed at their rightful place of my Star Wars Books, movies and games.

They have entered a place in my heart were they are among the Star Wars articles that have entertained me to a degree that I loved.

The reason is that I stopped playing about two weeks b4 NGE and I have not gone back thx to your warnings...
For me SW:G IS a great game, never was since I still have the fresh memory of the game as it was b4 NGE.