Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:23 pm 

An honest grade IMO. After 3 months of NGE, its still business as usual at SOE.
http://vnboards.ign.com/swg_general_discussion/b5184/94013139/p1

These shots of the magazine review pages hit everything right on the head:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7985/swgnge15wm.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9603/swgnge20vi.jpg

Consiperacy Theory: Someone actually posted an accusation that the review was written by just another disgruntled veteran jedi lol

SOE rebuttle: Im sure they will shrug it off as just more 'minority rheteoric' and instist NGE is recieving positive feedback due to the thousands of subscribers flooding the servers today ..(im old enough to remember the Soviet Union and thier spin antics on the truths)

Rumor: SOE's SWG license runs out Feb 1st and the lights go out on SWG soon. WHY? They are on borrowed time thanx to all the 6 month pre-paid accounts lasting into the summer -thus holding those customers hostage that have been wanting to leave

State of the game today: The current NGE player's so called 'answer to all NGE problems' pub 27 overdue Jan 24 is currently postponed until further notice. When numerous specific problems in game were brought up and asked if these were being addressed in pub 27... the typical answer was "Not now and not in the near future" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

So sad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:44 pm 

wow.... :shock:

Nice find Erime, I wish I ran into that while checking out the mag, it would have been so nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:12 am 
Spammer

Good its about time something like this came out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:28 am 
Site Admin

wow excellent find. Glad to see the true finally come to the surface in a SWG review. 27% is a generous review IMO.

I recently, ok yesterday, restarted my account. As soon as I loaded in the game I said 'oh yeah that is why I hate this now' and logged out.

Guess I have to do that from time to time just to remind myself that SWG is in fact dead.

Would be pretty cool to see a SWG 2 done by...well anyone else I guess. Maybe that is even wishfull thinking looking at how LA treats its property.

Time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:54 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

Is this the US or UK edition of PC Gamer? If it's the UK edition, I must've somehow missed that article!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:13 pm 
Spammer

Wow. That's worth a year's subscription to the mag just for that one article.

Nice find E!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:43 pm 
Spammer

Nice to see a big-time gaming mag not sucking up to Sony/LA and not pulling any punches. The review was spot-on, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:50 pm 

I wonder when the last time a game got a 27%?

Pathetic.

I hope something happens with SOE's liscense on SWG running out on 1 Feb. Thats the rumor mill anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:40 pm 

I hope there is some truth to that Feb license date. To feed the conspiracy fires, the push back of this latest publish could fit into that. You've got a game with a player base that has just had the bottom fall out, horrible reviews in every form of media, and a publish that still isn't finished after being touted back in Dec as coming out in Jan to bring back some iconic starwarys /barf fun. If your license is being yanked, why bother putting out another bug list fix, err, I mean publish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:42 pm 

Tetran wrote:
If your license is being yanked, why bother putting out another bug list fix, err, I mean publish.

I can't agree more. My kids are back playing and being kids they don't mind the changes so much (because they fit the new demographic SOE is going after) BUT I told them no more game cards until the end of february. I dont want them to pay for two months just to have the game yanked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:01 pm 
Spammer

Aranarth wrote:
Tetran wrote:
If your license is being yanked, why bother putting out another bug list fix, err, I mean publish.

I can't agree more. My kids are back playing and being kids they don't mind the changes so much (because they fit the new demographic SOE is going after) BUT I told them no more game cards until the end of february. I dont want them to pay for two months just to have the game yanked.

It appears we have a responsible parent in our midst. Quick run!!! :P

j/k man And it would be like SOE not to refund prepaid game cards should they pull the plug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:03 pm 

Cordalis wrote:
Nice find Erime, I wish I ran into that while checking out the mag, it would have been so nice.

These tid bits come from my old SWG guild..SHAME website forums. They used to be a great active guild mostly adult members and a good gang to adventure with. They too have been devasted by the losses in activity thanx to NGE. There are no winners with NGE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.gamergod.com/article.php?article_id=3538

interesting interview with Chris Kramer about SOE. Not the comments about SWG. When asked about new content for all SOE games he mentions expansions for all games and 'heavy weapons!' for SWG. Last I checked wasn't not having heavy weapons a bug and stating it as new content is pretty freak'n lame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:05 pm 

iJasonT wrote:
http://www.gamergod.com/article.php?article_id=3538

interesting interview with Chris Kramer about SOE. Not the comments about SWG. When asked about new content for all SOE games he mentions expansions for all games and 'heavy weapons!' for SWG. Last I checked wasn't not having heavy weapons a bug and stating it as new content is pretty freak'n lame.

Its typical of the crap they are selling to the current suckers now. Just go to the boards and read about all the new stuff coming....stuff that we HAD before and was taken away. Now its being brought back and pushed as 'new content' so "that the New Game Experience will ultimately result in a larger population of players in Star Wars Galaxies" lol SOE recycles...I give them that much

Notice that little jab he took on CH's... about players saying they miss CH prof but 'not partaking in it' [in game] That was like saying 'ahh..whatcha bitching about?...you guys didnt even play THAT prof anymore!" I for one was one happy MCH at one time until they nerfed the balls out of my Graul Maulers and the rest of my pets :(

Just found this: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=409976[/url]