Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Latest Rumor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:31 am 
Spammer

Clickity

Quote:
"Ok i've debated posting this as i know how rumors turn into wild fires. Please dont let this happen to this post, this isnt one of those my brothers uncles best friends sister works at SOE deals. I'm telling you this because I would want to know if there was anyone who had any information on where SWG was going. I know some of you love the old game as much as i do.
I do not know what SOE is doing, SOE dont even know at this point. I do know that what we know as the NGE is going away. And this is good.

Where I got my information:
Someone that is very close to me is a LA employee. I'm gonna keep this very vauge to ensure nothing bad comes to her for this. She's not a higher up at LA she's only present in the same office where there are cheifs. 10 months ago i asked her what was going on with SWG and she replied, "Whats SWG?" Since feb, 7 2006, she's learned alot about SWG at work. She knows who John Smedley is, She knows what Pre-CU is, She knows what a roll back is, Among many other things, she seems to be an expert now. I've asked her to ask some questions and find some things out for me. She did the best she could and she brought me alot of information. It seems that SWG is the talk of the office now days. Much of this is just rumor from her office and not known as fact. Some of it is known as fact. I cant distinguish between them as i only know what i was told. And she only knows what she hears or reads. One thing is for sure, something big is happening to have so many people talking.

Quote: Feb 6 2006 SOE and SWG came under official review from LA. It has been rumored that SOE's contract with LA was up for renewel Feb 1st. This is not true. They are up for scheduled review. LA retains the power to pull the contract at any time and theese scheduled reviews are to ensure that SOE is upholding LA's standards and basiclly not running Lucas's Baby into the ground.

Quote: LA began the review unoficially 6 weeks before feb 6th. It's no secret that SOE has gotten some very bad press, and yealded bad results over the last year. LA is watching and not impressed. They are limited in what they can do without pulling the contract. This is a very drastic move and they have been gathering information to try and decide on the best course of action. Some of you may have noticed the LA survay asking you questions about the CU, Pre-CU, and NGE. This was lucas arts gathering information on both how to best fix the game and where to go with SWG2.

Quote: Big Suprise Here!
LA determined that the Pre-CU version of SWG was favored by 65%
CU version was favored by 27%
and the NGE was favored by a whopping 8%

Quote: In an official meeting with SOE, LA's reps directed SOE to fix the problem. Roll back was a big topic at the meeting. SOE took a strong stance against it. They arent sure if they can do it if they had to. They are currently looking into what it will take. Something like this must be done very Carefully. Something that SOE has not proven good at. They cant just load up old files and say have fun. They cant make 2 expansions worthless. They all have to be intigrated into the old system. There has been no decition made to roll back but SOE is looking into it as an option now. They have been forced to look into it.

Quote: The Producers Letter;
You may have noticed it hasnt surfaced. It hasnt surfaced because the letter was to inform the public of the direction of the game. Well the direction of the game is at this point undetirmined.

I told her that i had read many times where Dev's have stated that "There will be NO Rollbacks.".

Quote: There are members of the dev team at SOE that have pushed for rollbacks. They see as well as everyone else that the majority of the community favors rollbacks and movements made reciently have turned the game upside down. When it was brought up at meetings it was shot down by the leaders, and they were only relaying the message. SOE has never taken an official stance on this. You have to understand that most DEVs have little dicition making power. Most are not the creative minds behind this particular game like they probably were once. They are told to take the game in a certian direction and they try to do it as best as possable.

I asked if there would be an announcement or any word on what to expect.

Quote: In the short term expect to see Publish 27 pushed as soon as it's playable not perfict. This is a huge publish that fixes alot of the problems in the game and will be needed as a hold over till they can figure out what is going to happen. Dont expect publish 28. Expect to see subtle changes on test center checking Older systems with the new system.

So basiclly dont be suprised to see things on test center every once in a while that you havent seen since CU. SOE does not want the public to know they are looking into this or even concidering it. It will likely cause an outbreak of hope and set you up for another let down if it never comes to be.

Long term,

Quote: Dont expect SOE to decide to roll back servers overnight and log onto a pre-cu server the next day. Expect to see another Combat Upgrade, that takes the aspects of the game that were most favord and implimenting them into the current expansions. Turn baised combat, old professions brough back, ect.

This is all the information i've been able to milk out of this at this point. I would have posted it over on SOE's site but alass i have no account due to the NGE. Please take this information for what it is (2nd hand). Please dont ask me a million questions because i've posted everything i know here. I've been pushing my luck trying to get all the info i can. This is it. I'll post more if i get it.
Ok i've debated posting this as i know how rumors turn into wild fires. Please dont let this happen to this post, this isnt one of those my brothers uncles best friends sister works at SOE deals. I'm telling you this because I would want to know if there was anyone who had any information on where SWG was going. I know some of you love the old game as much as i do.
I do not know what SOE is doing, SOE dont even know at this point. I do know that what we know as the NGE is going away. And this is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:08 pm 

it's past fixable....just let the poor thing die already! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

yeah at this point they would be better to kill it and release SWG II in 2 years. If they did another change it would be pathetic and more than a little embarrassing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:07 pm 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:
yeah at this point they would be better to kill it and release SWG II in 2 years. If they did another change it would be pathetic and more than a little embarrassing.

My sentiments exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:03 pm 
Spammer

Angus MacGregor wrote:
iJasonT wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

I say learn from Blizzard. don't release it until it's ready!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:25 pm 

I'll believe it when I see it.... seriously though, SWG needs to be taken off life support....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:37 am 
Spammer

iJasonT wrote:
If they did another change it would be pathetic and more than a little embarrassing.

As if what has happened thus far isn't embarrassing enough.

It did kinda make me chuckle at their stupidity tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:27 am 

Hmm.. I'd expect someone up in the food chain at LA to be able to spell properly. But then again.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:31 am 
Spammer

Tetran wrote:
Hmm.. I'd expect someone up in the food chain at LA to be able to spell properly. But then again.....

That wasn't written by someone at LA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:44 am 

Interesting.

Of course SOE wont do a rollback, I mean thats what we want. They will try and fix the NGE to make it look like pre-CU (if they even go that far)

Wont that just make the game even MORE screwed up bug wise? It seems to me like it would be better to go back pre_CU and start over giving folks refunds for Revenge and Trials if they want them.

I dunno, I am waiting patiently for LOTRO right now because I really feel Turbine won't come close to screwing up another major market game (LOTR) like Sony did with Galaxies.

Even IF they did a rollback, Im not sure I would go back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:53 am 

Angus MacGregor wrote:
Tetran wrote:

Aren't those "quotes" supposed to be from the woman that works at LA that wasn't sure what SWG was at first?

Never mind, I see some more spelling from the non-quote areas. It just reeks of the usual made up crap people post to get attention there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:44 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Tetran wrote:
Angus MacGregor wrote:
Tetran wrote:

Aren't those "quotes" supposed to be from the woman that works at LA that wasn't sure what SWG was at first?

Never mind, I see some more spelling from the non-quote areas. It just reeks of the usual made up crap people post to get attention there.
"quotes" as written in the original post are probably (if truely quotes) handtyped from a voice conversasion.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)