Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Smed Strikes Back
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/tracker?role=Dev
to many posts to copy and paste. Smed comes clean on a lot of issues in his many posts.

sample:
Quote:
The SWG community has been voting with it's feet since the NGE came about. Either we end up being right about our ability to turn the ship around and make a game that's BETTER than it was before, or we were wrong and we fail. Either way we were losing subs before the NGE and believe it or not, we are losing them at a slower rate than before. I'm not going to pretend we didn't lose a bunch of subs from this. We did. And I don't think the game is where it needs to be yet to aquire new subs. But it's getting there with each and every publish.

At the end of the day there are a lot of people in this community that wonder why we did this? Why did we "deliberately" try and piss people off. Obviously that wasn't our intent. This is a business and we needed to improve the results of the business. Did we make a mistake? Maybe.. but only time is going to tell on that one. One thing is certain. We made a mistake with how we presented it to the community, and for that I'm sorry. I still think it was a needed thing though. It's not as simple as "you should have just fixed the things we were complaining about". That doesn't address the very real fact that what we had was a hardcore game that wasn't going to attract the mass audience that the Star Wars IP brings to the table.

Smed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

Smed wrote:
Wow's a great game.. not knocking it at all (I happen to really think very highly of it). Just pointing out we're not out to make a WoW clone or anything.

Smed

I liked that one.

Post subject: Re: Smed Strikes Back
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:34 pm 

Smed wrote:
Either way we were losing subs before the NGE and believe it or not, we are losing them at a slower rate than before. I'm not going to pretend we didn't lose a bunch of subs from this.

Ok...so all the sane people bailed before or when the NGE hit...and all the die hard masochists stayed after...so yeah, of course the "sub" drops slowed...it doesn't mean the galaxy isn't dead. Sorry...I still get angry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:29 pm 
Spammer

Every time I hear "Smed", I think "Smegma"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:27 am 

This guy smed is just a total clown at this point. A big red nose, giant red shoes and orange wig would suit him fine these days. Everytime we hear from this guy and his gang its spin after spin after spin. With this latest joke statements, it sounds like he is still in total denial. They were losing subs before the nge because of the first CU. I guess they still dont see that or even want to admit it. Everytime they make their own thought up grandiouse efforts to 'improve' the game, they end up chasing away thousands upon thousands of subs. I guess they dont see this either. Their arrogant blindness was the death of this once great game :cry:

Seems the 'mass audience attracted to the Star Wars IP' that smed and his bozos have been looking for are all those 11 year olds running around the deserted servers that are filled with thousands of abandoned structures today lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:34 am 
Spammer

bigyak wrote:
Every time I hear "Smed", I think "Smegma"

Me too. I thought I was the only one uncouth enough to have that pop in the ol' noggin.