Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:14 pm 
Spammer

Anyone else receive a 14-day free trial notice via email today? I am tempted to hop back on. If anything just to admire my amazingly decorated house again.

I wonder if my harvester farms are still standing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:36 pm 

Well since the email addy I used to start up my account back in 2003 is not the one I have anymore, I prolly wont get an email inviting me back. I would hop back on for just enough to look around too..other than that, not much else to do there but shed a tear at what once was a great place for many of us :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:24 pm 
Spammer

I can't recall the details Erime but you may just be able to use your previous log in info and it will start the 14 trial automatically. No code to enter from what my brief scan of the email showed.

Of course that means I'd have to install and patch up all over again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:34 pm 

what?! yeah, i'm in the same boat...the account I had with SWG is gone. Not sure I'd like to check it out..It was depressing enough last time I went.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:03 pm 

Angelus wrote:
Anyone else receive a 14-day free trial notice via email today? I am tempted to hop back on. If anything just to admire my amazingly decorated house again.

I wonder if my harvester farms are still standing.

Good luck with that.... remember the whole "blowing up if you don't put massive amounts of money in the building, including houses" thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

It was changed so that it draws directly from your bank. So if you had any money in the bank still your houses should still be there, they will just be marked abandoned. But harvestors should be gone.

They have something now I think (or soon will) where existing players can destroy buildings that belong to players who have been cancelled for over a year. A ship comes down and blows it up or somthing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:03 pm 

Angelus wrote:
I can't recall the details Erime but you may just be able to use your previous log in info and it will start the 14 trial automatically. No code to enter from what my brief scan of the email showed.

Of course that means I'd have to install and patch up all over again...

Meh, its not letting me log in without an activated paid account. Im guessing they only inviting peeps with a certain amount of time deactive or something like that. I scanned the site for more info on this deal and apparently they are, as Obbo mentioned, purging abandoned housing and placing them into the owners datapads. When I left I had 5 toons and like 300,000 creds of maint in each of the many houses they each owned. I had literally 500 million creds in their banks so I dont think any of my houses are going anywhere any time soon lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:45 am 
Spammer

Lol i had a few million in my account when I left...suppose my houses are still standing on talus...thats mildly amusing... I dont want to think about the d/l times for all those silly patches though...

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:50 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

They still running with the stupid NGE system?

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:41 am 

Quote:
They still running with the stupid NGE system?

Believe it or not, yes.

Why do you think everyone is getting a please come back 14 day trial email :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:36 am 
Spammer

never understood how they could do something so opposed by the entire community... I'd really like to see the number of current users

-------
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:17 am 
Spammer

Dragon Fire wrote:
never understood how they could do something so opposed by the entire community... I'd really like to see the number of current users

2... Question answered :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

Here is the email for those that didn’t get it. Funny how 1) it is an image and not test, copying and sharing is much harder. 2) file name is "House Purge Opt In". 3) If you sign back in you get your veteran status as if you never left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:08 am 

I only played for the 6 months after launch, and even I am a little depressed by this last desprate attempt to salvage what could've been a great game.

Of course I was a member of the broken Bounty Hunter profession, so I'm still angry about running for 20 minutes out in the middle of nowhere to get to a marked mob that wasn't there (Apparently there was a bug where the mob would spawn 400 feet below ground, how they didn't figure out how to fix that in 6 months I'll never know).

Oh, and while I'm at it. The ranger skill of camping was some of the most idiotic grinding ever. Talk about retarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:03 am 
Site Admin

I would like to know the status of crafting and the life of a business man in SWG. Pre release there was so much talk about the non-warrior life. Avian was born from the promise of that aspect of SWG, we had over 200 members who were attracted to that style of game play, and our PA was not alone in that regard. What is the status of that aspect of SWG?

Was it Mantison who had the idea of the city Bothan? I was blown away by the idea of a character that spends 99% of his time within the city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:11 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

Well I must admit, it would be interesting to read somewhere a "state of the game" as it stands at the moment. Anyone know of any summary of such?

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:16 am 
Site Admin

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=6860.0 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:01 am 

Obo wrote:

Great forums BTW :!:

The general state of the game is that crafting is still basically useless, and of the less than full combat professions are still borked. (Like Smugglers)The combat system is geared towards "twitch", and about 18 months after the NGE they can't even get that f**ked up system working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Good forum Obo!

I can't believe how much of this game is still under development. I guess I had a feeling that the Avian Technology and Trade type dream was pretty much removed from SWG.... but after reading what SWG is doing with combat I am totally shocked at there lack of progress. We are talking beta type decisions being made in a product that is how many years old? 5?

The below post is so true and so funny. It is basically how I felt with I quit just before JTL, and it is even more true all these years and additions and failed promises later.

Quote:
Lots of Star Wars titles have been fucked up. Most of them, in fact. Hell, George fucked up his own movies. No, the sheer awesomeness here is the SOE: Austin has a potential market with a LOT of flexbility regarding "fucked up". I mean, while they bitch and moan and whine, we're talking folks that will pay for fucked up long past the point any self-respecting person would have quit.

The awe-inspiring part here is that, in an attempt to "fix" it's game SOE has -- OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN -- fucked up the game worse and worse each time. Imagine you went to a resteraunt, and ordered a nice hamburger. What arrives is two moldy hunks of bread with a piece of raw pork in between them. You complain. They give you ketchup. You mention that while you're a fan of the ketchup, you're still eating raw pork here and hoping the mold on the bread will somehow protect you from the bacteria. They give you charred fries. You mention the ketchup actually helps those, but they're still basically lumps of coal.

Then the resteraunt says if you'll pay the bill, they'll bring you a new hamburger. You do, because you're fucking hungry and you keep hearing they hide the good food somewhere. It's got potential, see? They bring you a single slab of maggot-infested beef. And ketchup. BUCKETS of fucking ketchup. You don't even try. You bitch and moan and won't even touch it. So they say "Pay for it, and we'll bring you the REALLY good hamburger". So you pay, because you're desperate.

And they bring you a lump of shit between two roofing shingles. And as you stare at it -- in utter shock that after THREE tries it still keeps getting WORSE -- they promise that in six months that piece of shit will turn into a fuckin' awesome hamburger and you'll love it, and present you with the fucking check.

That's SOE: Austin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Obo wrote:

reading this post I followed the link to the patch notes. First time I went to the SWG site in months. I got this.

Ironic, or just damned appropriate?

Oddly enough. I had three accounts in SWG and none of my email accounts got an email from SWG about this. Oh well, guess they don't want my one month of 'what was I thinking' money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:26 pm 
Spammer

I would rather be constipated than try this game again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:24 pm 
Spammer

LOL Cy. That post wins the internet. Easily.

I've pretty much decided that as cool as it would be to see my nice house and a Krayt Dragon again, I cannot bring myself to do it, lest SOE think they may actually entice people back. Let the game die already and get a real developer making SWG2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:14 pm 

I actually reactivated 'Baylor' a couple of weeks ago to record and capture crafting stats and other info for the emu since crafting hasn't really changed. I canceled again, that night, to make sure another month didn't happen. I don't think the word disappointing is powerful enough to describe what it's like in-game now.

I logged in at Mos Eisley starport. There were 2 people there. One yelling in spatial asking about turning off the profanity filter so he can see "words like **** and **** lalwzlol". God that makes my head hurt just re-creating it. The other was showing off his 2 suits of mando and 4 jetpacks in his datapad. As an owner of a pre-cu jetpack... gimme a freakin break. Glad you have to work for things.

I flew into the ghost town of Tusken's Bane next to get to my workshop. The town is dead, the shops are all abandoned, and just really needs to be wiped off the map now. The current game doesn't deserve any of it. Soon after I left the bank terminal, someone shows up " U make droidz?" I guess I had my Elder DE tag up. "HEY! I want droidz taht fight!" I told him it's been well over a year since I played and I'm not crafting anything for people right now" "But your tag says you make droidz!!!!1111!". Well hell, if my tag says so I better get on it! Douche. I took off on the jetpack to my workshop and hid the rest of the night collecting crafting stats.

I honestly have NO idea how old veterans still play. I really don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

that is a deeply depressing post Tetran.

I wonder if the only thing keeping the game going is (personal) pride and ego on the part of SOE? You know when the game gets pulled every blog out there will be reviewing 'the game that could have been...'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:03 pm 

The city is still there?

You could belive that SOE hasn't removed it since they need a big ghost city. Part of the landscape....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:58 pm 
Spammer

I could write a huge post about my disappointment and what Sony did wrong... But I think it comes down to it is painful to see how far Sony has destroyed a mediocre game and made it truly terrible. The biggest change personally has been the original SW universe feel to the new SW movie feel. They are def. targeting a different player base...and its a player base that doesn't pay for MMORPG (younger players)

Who's up for taking bets on how long till Sony folds SWG?

and there I go writing a much longer post then i intended...the game saddens me honestly...there was so much potential

-------
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:51 pm 
Spammer

All that potential... just literally pissed away. They couldn't have driven people away faster if they actually tried to do just that.

I wouldn't go back to SWG if they paid me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:30 am 
Site Admin

Dragon Fire wrote:
Wanna start a pool? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:17 pm 

Romsuiag wrote:
Dragon Fire wrote:

Sure...

Add paypal and it'll be much funnier :-P

Forgot to mention. Use the winning money to buy SW:G out of SOE and give it to Blizzard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:06 am 
Spammer

Azzameen85 wrote:
Romsuiag wrote:
Dragon Fire wrote:

Sure...

Add paypal and it'll be much funnier :-P

Forgot to mention. Use the winning money to buy SW:G out of SOE and give it to Blizzard

Wouldn't do any good as long as LA was still involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:01 pm 

I logged on during the week using an old account that Sel Arin let me use long ago to drop some houses. She was a master entertainer and so I went sight seeing and visited the cantinas. In a nut shell, the server, player cities and the community in whole, as Tet stated, IS pretty much just plain dead. The game is just silly and laughable. The existing tiny player base is very much in the adolescent ages.

The cantinas did have a few ents trying to sell buffs, but the traffic of customers was just dead. The overabundance of jedi were still fighting off boredom by killing npc gaurds outside starports...at least that hasnt changed much lol

I logged on the next day for a few minutes but I just couldnt take the depression any longer and so I logged off, uninstalled the game and threw my handful of dirt on the coffin :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:23 pm 

yeah, sad to hear erime.

You know the only thing that would possibly bring me back is some sense of community (like a bunch of us, or others I personally know jumping on), but that aint gonna happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:07 am 
Spammer

Cordalis wrote:
yeah, sad to hear erime.

You know the only thing that would possibly bring me back is some sense of community (like a bunch of us, or others I personally know jumping on), but that aint gonna happen.

If that happened we could each have a player city on Tatooine :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 pm 

Angelus wrote:
Cordalis wrote:
yeah, sad to hear erime.

If that happened we could each have a player city on Tatooine :roll:

But you'd never get a shuttle rank from all the dead cities that will NEVER go away :?

We should go back and just move our houses to the krayt graveyard and really hose up the spawns... and leave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:51 am 
Site Admin

Oddly, I never got a re-invite email. When this post was first made, I did however load up the client. with 48hours of patches I figured, umm that's ok. I logged out. :)

Oddly, one of the things I miss most about SWG is the houses, collection and items and displaying them. I also miss Walking around my space ship - though I had never been a fan of JTL.

Star Wars
Character customization
Houses
Deco
loot collection
Resource collection.

These where my pass times in the game. Note. Questing, PVP grinding was not listed above but I spent hours and hours a day just doing that list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:46 am 

I actually reactivated my account yesterday for the first time in 4 years to see what they have done with it and its utter crap. Lenroca was created into a level 18 and my jedi a level 78. I walked into coronet and find about 3 people standing around all of whom are jedi, I think they just gave up and made jedi a normal class like everything else? Anyways that was pretty lame. I walk into the cantina and there isn't a soul around. I had never actually played in space so I went to the rebel recruiter and sign up I walk out of his house and get killed by a level 50 storm trooper that was fun, and when I get to space not to my surprise there isn't much to do there either let alone any players to play with.

I remember they days when coronet would have 200+ players running around spamming it up. Those were the good old days. The only thing this game ever had going for it was the community which wasn't made by SOE but the players themselves.

Oh and hi guys been a while since I posted =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:45 pm 

Nice to see you around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:58 pm 
Spammer

Hiya Lenny!! (aka stranger)

Good to hear from ya again.

Off topic - how's WoW been treating you? Reading any of our posts on Pirates yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:48 pm 

A toast....

To the past, To what might have been, To our shattered hopes and dreams, and above all to Avian Technology and Trade, may the dreams we shared live on....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:24 am 
Spammer

we need to start a pool on when this game will be shut down...can anyone honestly think it'll be around 2 years from now?