Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ok this was cool
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

pics: http://nerfshot.com/index.php?cmd=cat&cat=1

well, I'm not entirely sure how I ended up ingame but I got home tonight and launched SWG. My account is active and has been for a while (though I am not paying for it) it is just active.

I read about the new storyteller tools so I figured I'd try them out.
You buy a vendor from a theatre. Place it anywhere you want and then buy props, NPC, effects, probably 100 different things you can buy. You place them anywhere you want and even make the NPC attackable or just 'flavor' npcs.

I to play around a bit I placed a YT transport and some cargo crates. I applied (yes applied) a smoke effect to the YT and lit a few crates on fire and had a few emit electricity. I then placed jawas (and set them to wander) I even LIT A FEW JAWAS ON FIRE!).

Placed AT-ATs crashed transports all kinds of stuff. I then had 6 different bombing runs fly over and have Imp and Reb transports landing. Another Rodian transport as a prop and some random NPCs.

This all lasts 16hours in game. Costs a small fortune (but what do I care I dont play).

I don't care what you say about SWG, other games can learn for this kind of thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

Can you have NPC hand out items to other players? I asked for something like this a long long time ago. It made no sense to me to have such cool POIs but not allow us to use those areas as props for player made quests.

I always wanted to have a NPC (vendor) set up in remote locations to give out items to a select few people. Gate the items with the same code use used to grant housing access to individuals or the whole PA… that way strangers would not loot up your whole quest inventory. Write up a story; give the NPC (vendor) text to say that fit up with the story. Make players work their way through the quest where I could be a live component and the NPCc could be branches of the story that work 24/7.

The props and effects sound like more than I ever dreamed of, if you are able to create search and fetch types of quests out of it, it would be very cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:51 am 
Site Admin

thats what I was hoping for as well Cy. I know you and Manti were all about that for a while.
No NPC interactions as such.
Few things:
You can deploy 1-20 NPCs of about 50 different types.
Set as combat or 'fancy' (they stand around)
Set to sentry or roam
Set the CL (combat level)

If the NPCs are attackable then you need to be 'invited' to the story to participate. A storyteller can invite individuals or whole guilds. You can also have storyteller assistance to help you.

I think this is meant for PVP, guild RP and weddings/events. 'Open your new market place with a bit of decor' that kind of thing.

I'm thinking about doing something this Sat where I sell off all my stuff. Put a crashed YT 2400 there tons of Jawas and a Sandcrawler. Make it look like a crashed ship with cargo crates everywhere. First come first serve.

BTW. 1 crate of muon gold (25 muon per crate) sells for 30mil thses days. You cannot make it anymore so it is crazy valuable. I have a factory full :)

Could be a fun little Star Wars RP thing to do over the weekend.