Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EMU Update?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:31 am 

I was wondering, when are the emu-servers comming up?

Thinking about eXile and SWG-Emu... and we haven't heard any news for some time now.

I'd love to check them out my self but the connection is limited from where I am (check this site)

I would apreciate any news and/or stats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:10 am 
Spammer

last a checked a couple weeks ago I think its still a work in progress but not sure...Im guessing at this point its one of those things that will probably never really reach completion...SWG is just not as popular as it once was like WoW and its private servers

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:46 pm 

They have a SWG-Emu test server that is usually up and people are playing on it fairly regularly. Since they opened up their programming team to anyone interested in helping... they've fixed enough so that it's playable, and have been putting updates every two weeks or so on their site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:10 pm 
Spammer

Cordalis wrote:
They have a SWG-Emu test server that is usually up and people are playing on it fairly regularly. Since they opened up their programming team to anyone interested in helping... they've fixed enough so that it's playable, and have been putting updates every two weeks or so on their site.

Is it just not ready for release? Seems from your description that is is playable. That makes it better than SWG when it first released....

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:53 pm 

Master Gui-Jan wrote:
Cordalis wrote:

Is it just not ready for release? Seems from your description that is is playable. That makes it better than SWG when it first released....

As far as I know you can install, patch, and play on there server if you want right now...I just may to see...

I'm really not sure how much they've fixed, but I've thought of installing and seeing first hand. I was jumping on there a couple years ago when you could modify your toon to be a 50 foot giant, it was awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:56 pm 

You will need a forum account to see this, but this is the Setup guide to setup your client to connect to their test server...

http://swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2553

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 pm 

Right now they've got many teams working on different aspects of it. The "core 3" engine running it has been what's taken so long. The other big hurdle was getting a new height map system in place for maps.

So now you're got a group that has lairs working and are polishing the formula for random spawns, lairs, how many "pop" when you hit a layer, babies, queens, etc. Knowing how to make any creature have a tamable baby is pretty cool.

There's crafting that is fundamentally working now. There are many people working on the crafting equations for resource stats. Crafting professions are being handled one at a time.

Combat formulas are being hammered out now. Stats and defensive bonues etc. Big math mess.

Entertainer is complete from what I understand. I spent a few hours one night just playing in a band in AH for old times sake a few weeks ago and had a blast.

They got cells working so you can seamlessly load into structures when you walk in, and not fall into space or shoot through walls.

There's a client development group working on extras like adding new playable racse (nautolan, bith, IG droids and more). They've also got the long lost Stardestroyer dungeon available as well as populating the vacant planet Tanaab that was always with the game. Davin's also got Kash working with their heightmap generator so it can be loaded like the rest of the fully explorable worlds, also being compatible to pre-CU rules. The goal is to take wookie world items and turn them into crafter schematics to banish the CU loot-drive decent into NGE hell.

There's actually been quite accomplished recently. They're aiming for a summer beta release from what I read last. At the pace they've been going since going open source again and greatly expanding the dev team, I think that's a realistic target.

Here's a link the the Updates section which is accessible without making an account if that's all you want.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:35 pm 

To access the SWGEmu TC, visit http://launchpad.thewildclan.com/ and download Launchpad Enchanced if you still have SWG installed. It'll patch you up too if you need to reinstall. It's all automated and pretty slick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:18 am 

How about the JtLS?
That's the only aspect I got to try before NGE.
MGJ can comfirm I got my ingame mebership 3 weeks before the NGE, standing outside the house that became mine, think it belonged to DF or Talon before me...

Memories...

[Edit]
Never mind the question, found a thread thats what they've done and what's missing. 0: not worked on. 5: On public testing.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3498

[Edit... again]
Also they need testers and moderators, and our PA should be up to the task...

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9875

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:04 am 
Spammer

Reading that update post has gotten me a little intrigued. I may have to poke over to the test center and check things out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:45 am 

Angelus wrote:
Reading that update post has gotten me a little intrigued. I may have to poke over to the test center and check things out.

me too... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:38 pm 

This does sound dam interesting........... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:53 pm 
Spammer

Avian City revival :?:
(well, once player cities get coded)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:51 pm 

I've still got our PA forumsw open at the exile site.

We will have our game back and it will be better than ever from what I know and have seen.

And I can't wait. All the games I've palayed since have just been to kill time to play one of the most fun games I have in my entire life. I can't wait to fire up the droid factories and restart my political career :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:55 pm 

Cordalis wrote:
Angelus wrote:

me too... :shock:

Yeah, I jumped on there, took about an hour to patch it...they had little Jawa's in Anchorhead that you could talk to to master combat profs or entertaining...plus they'll set you up with items and armor. Seems to be a test bed, but combat works and I played in a band for a few songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:57 pm 

Azz, from what. I know now, JTL will not be launched with the initial release. But it will come shortly afterwards. And you"ll like this: CU and NGE ships can be brought into the preCU emu. The trick is making them schems for shipwrights to make. No one wants a loot driven economy ever again.

Oh yeah, they also figured out how to do atmospheric flight. There's a video of one of them flying a ship around cnet. Its still rough and not qa sure thing.

So many unlocked abilities found in the client

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:50 pm 

Tetran wrote:
Azz, from what. I know now, JTL will not be launched with the initial release. But it will come shortly afterwards. And you"ll like this: CU and NGE ships can be brought into the preCU emu. The trick is making them schems for shipwrights to make. No one wants a loot driven economy ever again.

Oh yeah, they also figured out how to do atmospheric flight. There's a video of one of them flying a ship around cnet. Its still rough and not qa sure thing.

So many unlocked abilities found in the client

drooooooool

I already knew JtLS wouldn't be ready for launch, but the other thing...

You made an adult little boy very happy today... *tears of joy*

And I am happy for asking for an update...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:01 pm 
Spammer

As I haven't been following any of this emu stuff until now, once the release is out, is there a monthly cost to play it to support servers/maintenance or are these peeps just going to accept donations out of the goodness of its players?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:05 pm 
Spammer

Tetran,

Do you think you could put together a little FAQ about what the EMU is, and whatnot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:30 pm 
Spammer

wow...didnt realize it had moved along that much... exciting wish I had brought my SWG disks with me but I didn't...i'll have to wait till fall when I get to go home/back to school

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:32 pm 

Master Gui-Jan wrote:
Tetran,

Do you think you could put together a little FAQ about what the EMU is, and whatnot?

Sure ill put something together soon. I would now but I can only access this site via my blackberry while at work due to our over zealous net filter. I'm flying out of town sunday for work so I will have some hotel time to type of a good faq.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:45 pm 

Angelus wrote:
As I haven't been following any of this emu stuff until now, once the release is out, is there a monthly cost to play it to support servers/maintenance or are these peeps just going to accept donations out of the goodness of its players?

No, it will be free to play. Donations and operators will finance the servers. Requiring money is highly illegal and against the quiet agreement w/ soe and lec

I like exile's approach to donations. You get xc which is exile cash for donating. You can then purchase in game items that will give
NO advantage over anyone else. Things like collectors glasses, luxury yacht, free pa hall to start with that has no storage so archis still get the business, etc. Just fun things you can get for money you'd donate anyways to keep it running. You can also get xc from forum games, in game event participation so its not all tied to real life money

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:38 pm 
Spammer

Tetran wrote:
Angelus wrote:

No, it will be free to play. Donations and operators will finance the servers. Requiring money is highly illegal and against the quiet agreement w/ soe and lec

I like exile's approach to donations. You get xc which is exile cash for donating. You can then purchase in game items that will give
NO advantage over anyone else. Things like collectors glasses, luxury yacht, free pa hall to start with that has no storage so archis still get the business, etc. Just fun things you can get for money you'd donate anyways to keep it running. You can also get xc from forum games, in game event participation so its not all tied to real life money

That's what I figured (i.e. illegal to receive funds for a previously copyrighted game). Very cool indeed. I am soooo going to reinstall the discs this weekend and hop on the test server to poke around.

Just the idea of a pre-CU SWG with all the features and non-broken abilities/classes that should have been there in the original release gives me shivers of excitement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:39 pm 

Angelus wrote:
Just the idea of a pre-CU SWG with all the features and non-broken abilities/classes that should have been there in the original release gives me shivers of excitement.

We'll just have a different set of bugs this time around :D

But being open source again, those things will get remedied much faster or at all even. I had lost hope in it for awhile but things have really changed this year. It is pretty exciting to think about playing it again, and having the opportunities to impove upon.

What gets me is loading into the test server. The load scree and the music. So many memories. So many Tuesday mornings waiting for the server to come up when I had a day off lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:19 pm 
Spammer

Tetran wrote:
Master Gui-Jan wrote:
Tetran,

Sure ill put something together soon. I would now but I can only access this site via my blackberry while at work due to our over zealous net filter. I'm flying out of town sunday for work so I will have some hotel time to type of a good faq.

No big rush.

You can even throw it together in word whenever you get a chance and send it to me and I'll format it and post it. I'm just interested as well, but right now I don't have the time to go digging through another site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:23 pm 

Man... sounds cool. Soooooo wish I had time to revive Moleo.

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:09 am 
Site Admin

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7610

pics from planetary flight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:34 pm 

iJasonT wrote:
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7610

pics from planetary flight

All beady eyed....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:15 am 
Spammer

Did anyone try and get on the test server over the weekend? I tried briefly last night and got to the screen where you enter username and password (where it is suppose to automatically create an account for you), but it did not proceed past that point.

Was juast wondering if the login server was up and running or if I have a bigger problem on my hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:39 am 

Angelus wrote:
Did anyone try and get on the test server over the weekend? I tried briefly last night and got to the screen where you enter username and password (where it is suppose to automatically create an account for you), but it did not proceed past that point.

Was juast wondering if the login server was up and running or if I have a bigger problem on my hands.

it's a little buggy for me as well, I did not have a problem getting past the password though. At the character select screen, it takes a couple tries for me to get it to load up the game ( I just make a few attempts until I see that it is loading objects )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:47 am 

I know the jtls won't be in the game when first launched, so would it be too early for me to plan and ask for a Avian-sponsored squadron of fighters, for an elite Rebel Squadron RP'ing against Imp's? :wedge: :luke:

Been a dream of mine ever since SW:G beta of having my little squadron harassing Imps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:06 pm 
Spammer

I am still having emu problems. Here's what I have done thus far:

1. Installed SWG from the day 1 release discs
2. DL and installed the Enhanced Launchpad

Was getting an error launching the LPE (some box noting I couldn't connect and noting some file path a text file in my documents folders that does not exist.

Just tried now and it appears the the LPE is patching me up so I may be back to where I can launch the game but can't connect to server.

I see there is a SWGEmu folder created in my base C:\, yet I installed the main game in C:\Games\SWG. Do I need to move any files around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:27 pm 
Spammer

Most recent updates:

Quote:
Bi-Weekly Update 6/15/08
Before beginning to divulge in this update, please take time to look at the following topics:
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11609
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11484
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11045

1) Update Overview
-Cave Implementations
-Stomach Fillings & Decay rate
-New Administrator Commands
-Image Designer
-Missions
-Test Center Stability Fixes...AND YOU!

2) Body
Cave Implementations:
Kellina (and the Cave Research Forums) have been blazing through cave implentations the past two weeks. I'll give a summary of what caves have been added and the creatures to expect there.

Sennex Cave (Tatooine):
The Sennex Cave scripts to SVN a few days back. The following creatures populate the area: Sennex Hunter, Slave Master, Sennex Lookout, Sennex Slaver, Sennex Guard, Sennex Warder, Cave Beetle, and the Dune Beetle.

Afarathu Cave (Corellia):
Committed on 6/9. Creatures to expect: Afarathu; Ruffian, Assassin, Savage, Zealot, Brute, Bodyguard, and Leader.
Cave Profile

Drall Cave (Corellia):
Committed on 6/9. Creatures to expect: Drall; Patriot Foot Soldier(M/F), Tactical(M/F), Chieftain(M/F), Legionaire(M/F), Conqueror(M/F).
Cave Profile

Lord Nyax Cult (Corellia):
Committed on 6/9. Creatures to expect: Nyax; Fiend, Diciple, Zealot, Minion, Thug, Servant, Visionary, Lord Nyax.
Cave Profile

Rouge Corsec Base:
Committed on 6/9. Creatures to expect: Rouge Corsec; Trooper(M/F), Commander(M/F), Deserter, Traitor, and Mtara Vinram.
Base Profile

----------------------

Stomach Fillings:
Small addition by McMahon. Stomach fillings are currently set through the commands @setFoodFilling and @setDrinkFilling .

----------------------

New Administrator Commands:
Kellina has added some "fun" and helpful admin commands - which should be of interest to future server operators. If you are going to run a SWGEmu server in the future, and would like to see an administrative feature added to Core3, do NOT hesitate to post about it in the Open Source Discussion forum and talk about it in #opendev. On to the new commands:

@kick <name> - Target the user and type @kick or use the syntax provided. This command is something we've been missing for a long time, and its really one of the staple admin commands.

@killArea <range> - Kill's users within a certain range.

@kickArea <range> - Kick's users within a certain range. Secret server hijack party needs kicking?

@mutePlayer <name> - Mutes the Spatial Chat for the specified player.

----------------------

Image Designer:
McMahon has been hard at work with the image designer features. On 6/1, he committed the Image Design screen and performed wiki updates for image design related packets. He is currently doing Customization Variable research pertaining to image design.

----------------------

Missions:
With lair's done (and have been for quite some time - see previous Biweeklys), Missions are the next step. Preliminary structure research on Missions packets were completed way back in September of 2006, but after that they were never looked into much detail. The time has come that we are digging through out old notes and bringing them back into the light. I completed research on the mission packets late last night, as well as wrote the implementation & packet classes. All that is left is the MissionManager class (which is going to be the hardest part ). For those of you interested in the progress of missions, just glance at the timeline over the next few weeks. As far as XP goes, I'm pretty sure Ultyma did it like 2 years ago .

(Missions pictured in dummy (test) servers - fully reversed. Note: Mission pictured is not suppose to represent the real mission on live. Core3 implementation in the works, as mentioned above.)

----------------------

Test Center Stability Fixes:

Every biweekly, I have always stressed the fact that numbers on the TC really do matter. These last two weeks were no exception. In case you have not noticed, there were a plethora of bug fixes directly related to what we found on the Test Center. Here are just a few; 394, 393, 388, 386, 385, 384.

----------------------

3) Developer Perspective: ("Round Table")

Quote:
Ritter:

I am currently taking the old structures code from rev 162 and updating everything to work with all the changes since then, and also adding in harvesters. Progress is slow right now (I just moved and started a new job so I am still settling in), but expect to see some fun stuff in the coming weeks.
Quote:
panchjr:

I will be working in Spain for the next couple of weeks and will only have my work laptop with me. I have a copy of the code on it but it is not really up to the job of testing new code.

Once I have despawning of lairs working (currently it crashes the server) I will upload lair code so that people can have a look.
Quote:
Uli: (Client Developer)

I have been trying to fix some bugs with Kashyyyk hasn't gone too good so far but still working on it, been hanging around TC lately as well you might of seen someone who had been image designed like had the full works on them and even a pink or red twi'lek with horns, yeah that was me :P

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...i/0f2ecbbf.jpg

Yeah, its a nice way to relax after 2 hours of working on one file :P

Other things i been working on and the rest of the client team will be announced later
Quote:
Valkyra: (Client Developer)

I am currently working on Kashyyyk related content, such as load screens, POIs, and possibly badges. Also being able to make it so you can shuttle there is being a real big PITA I am confident it will be worked out soon.

Screenshot of Kashyyyk's BRAND NEW load screen (one of the strings, I have 2 there, but only 1 pic on the left so far... I can easily add more, though.) Remember Kashyyyk's load screen was always about new wookiee armor? Well I'm changing that!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...ash_load_2.jpg

Also here's another tease pic of Kashyyyk's night sky on the plains:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...ght_plains.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwyN5KsYmNI
4) Closing

Something that didn't make the body but is very important nonetheless, bobius has made Blue Frog enhancements which include a variety of weapons that are diverse in their stats, paired with Scripting changes which now make it possible to create and modify (stats!) weapons via script.

The Profession team is going strong and is still hard at working in closing the gap of research we have in each individual profession. _PLEASE_ help out with their efforts, its something even a casual PreCU SWG player can do. See their forums: http://swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

-

This update leaves us at a turning point in what is being presented to the community. There will always be code enhancements, core features being revamped, and interesting bugs to fix - but the past month there has been an increase in content related additions. Content is an area which does not require the knowledge of crazy programming languages to contribute to. If you are standing by and waiting for the project to finish, use that "down time" to HELP us reach a more perfect PreCU.

As always,
Enjoy.

-Team SWGEmu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:47 pm 

Angelus,

Did you run the Enhanced Launchpad from it's own folder or from within the SWG folder. I ran mine from it's own folder at first, and got problems. Then I copied, and ran the new launchpad within the SWG folder and it did better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:11 pm 
Spammer

It is in its own folder atm. Just installed/saved to its default location I believe.

I'll try moving its 5-6 files into the main SWG folder and give it a go.

Its patching up atm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:48 pm 

Hi guys!

Its nice to see a buzz going here with a possible come back of SWG in EMU form. Ive since left WoW and just moping around killing time with not much any other game grabbing my attention.

Unfortunately, I have tried to get into SWG emu myself but with terrible success. That launchpad thingy never worked for me at all. After downloading it even multiple times nothing happens and the file goes nowhere, just mocks me. I have tried to go the manual way step by step with same outcome ..nada. So I just shelved the idea. Ill keep checking back here to see if anyone posts anything that would help me get into the emu.

Hope to see you guys there eventually :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:21 pm 

Erime S'erolf wrote:
Unfortunately, I have tried to get into SWG emu myself but with terrible success. That launchpad thingy never worked for me at all. After downloading it even multiple times nothing happens and the file goes nowhere, just mocks me. I have tried to go the manual way step by step with same outcome ..nada. So I just shelved the idea. Ill keep checking back here to see if anyone posts anything that would help me get into the emu

Ok, I'm not sure what you guys are doing, but it works for me. Simply put, I did the following.

1. Fresh installed SWG
2. Downloaded the Enhanced Launchpad and extracted it into my SWG folder.
3. Run the Launchpad Installer from inside the SWG folder it will set everything up for you.

Only Tip I can give you after that is be patient and make the game log you in...I toggle back and forth between the login - character selection screen, and the loading screen before I can get in. It's still buggy, but you can get in and check stuff out, most people seem to stay near Anchorhead and just kill each other.

As far as crafting goes:
It seems the only schematic you can make is a Generic Crafting tool.
I did go about and sample for mats (which works!) but I couldn't make anything, the mats don't stack, and it erased my mats when I logged... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:20 pm 
Spammer

Managed to get the emu to work for me finally. Here's what I have done.

1. Installed SWG from day 1 game discs. (installed to C:\Games\StarWarsGalaxies

2. DL the Enhanced Launghpad and ran it (it installed 5 files to C:\Games\SWGLaunchpad Enhanced)

3. Created a shortcut on my desktop to the Launchpad Enhanced exe.

4. Ran that, had the LPE auto patch up.

5. From the launchpad, I went into options and changed the two default drive paths noted to point towards C:\Games\SWGLaunchpad Enhanced (i.e. where I have my Emu launchpad saved)

6. Got in game, created a char (Warkryme Kyo - Bothan marksman), and worked fine amazingly enough. Was just on and it appears TC is borked atm as Anchorhead, and all Tat cities for that matter do not exist.

Note - It also created a SWGEmu folder right on my C:\ but it only has a couple subfolders, no files at all.

Hope to try and get on a bit tomorrow night as well.

PS - good to hear from you again E!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:13 pm 
Spammer

Got up to character creation, but then it is stuck on the "Creating you character... please wait." screen forever. It sat for literally an hour.

Any ideas why it would do that?

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:55 pm 

Talon1977 wrote:
Got up to character creation, but then it is stuck on the "Creating you character... please wait." screen forever. It sat for literally an hour.

Any ideas why it would do that?

I usually back and try creating again. There's a chance the server could have been down at the time. That has happened to me once. If it doesn't connect in the first couple of minutes or the load screen doesn't change, I'd try again.

I did see a few recent threads of people having the same issue as you recently. The things that seemed to work for them was canceling and trying again and also trying a different name. Currently if your name is already taken it hangs there, apparently.