Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:55 pm 
Spammer

Tetran wrote:
Talon1977 wrote:
Got up to character creation, but then it is stuck on the "Creating you character... please wait." screen forever. It sat for literally an hour.

Any ideas why it would do that?

I usually back and try creating again. There's a chance the server could have been down at the time. That has happened to me once. If it doesn't connect in the first couple of minutes or the load screen doesn't change, I'd try again.

I did see a few recent threads of people having the same issue as you recently. The things that seemed to work for them was canceling and trying again and also trying a different name. Currently if your name is already taken it hangs there, apparently.

Thanks Tet. Keep me updated on any solutions you might find. I can't seem to get it working past character creation, no matter what I do.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:17 am 
Spammer

I popped on briefly this afternoon (Sunday) but again logged in to a vacant Tatooine wasteland with people just standing there. It believe I was suppose to be in Anchorhead, but there was nothing there.

Anyone else experiencing this and/or have comments to resolve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:36 pm 

Talon1977 wrote:
Got up to character creation, but then it is stuck on the "Creating you character... please wait." screen forever. It sat for literally an hour.

Any ideas why it would do that?

I'm actually having that problem right now. I've never had it this stubborn. I'll see what I can find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:23 pm 
Spammer

Alright, so I finally got in the game. I spawned into Theed and ran around a bit. Noticed a bunch of people standing around, some dueling. Tried the best I could to get my bearings and remember how the hell to do anything. I couldn't believe how little I remembered about the game and how to do stuff.

I ran around outside Theed for a bit and noticed there are no mobs there to fight. Upon asking if the mobs had been added yet, I was told simply, "not on this planet. sorry." I felt a bit like I was asking directions to Redbud from a guy named Mac.

Apparently missions haven't been added at all. At that point I asked myself, "well what the hell I am doing here at all then?" I found a trainer and instantly stacked up on Master Marksman, which I found anticlimactic since there was nothing to shoot. But hey, if there was....

So the question goes out to the group here... exactly what can we be doing at this point?

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:17 pm 
Spammer

check out the Emu forum for the list of caves/areas that have mobs spawned - I think Tat has several, Drall cave should be up, Nightsisters and others are around as well. I've heard Kryat Dragons are fun but too many kill stealers...

I am about 50% done patching so perhaps I'll be on and around tonight if the server is up.

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:35 pm 
Spammer

Tatooine does have mobs on it, and not just the caves.

I tried killing some mobs just outside of Anchorhead. Killed one even level critter, but then got steamrolled by the next.

I too found it amazing how little about the game I remembered.

For the time being, I have placed my activity in the emu on hold. The 360 games have all my attention for the moment while more and more features get added to the emu. Then, then I will be eager to rule the galaxy again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:16 pm 

yeah Talon, just go to Tatooine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:58 pm 
Spammer

It would be nice if we could get a group of us on and fooling around...
I log for a little bit but couldn't find a doc to buff me so i could fit into my comp but ran around a bit and explored tat...pretty good lag wise except for when it started raining

-------
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:26 pm 
Spammer

<-- noob @buff will buff yourself - they just added the buff packs for docs to use so the command is still there

-------
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:51 am 

Talon1977 wrote:
So the question goes out to the group here... exactly what can we be doing at this point?

Well Im back in as well, played for a bit last friday night. I rolled a Bounty Hunter/Pistoleer, and maxed out skills right away as well.

I am VERY busy in EVE right now with Faction Warfare, and spun enough enemy plexs over the weekend to become a Vice Commander in the Gallente Militia, but hey thats for the EVE forums. 8) When my EVE time settles down a bit I plan on relearning my macros, and brushing the dust off my crafting skills, which since I really haven't played this game for almost 4 years right now all that stuff is really rusty...

In the meantime, if we have a group on and the DEV's need something checked out thats what we should do.

Keep an eye out for a nice DX pistol for me. One of my toons is going to be a Master Bounty Hunter.

I intend to nip any kind of Jedi problem in the bud early this time around :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:43 pm 
Spammer

Quote:
--Tatooine

RunCreatureFile("spawns/tatooine/staticSpawns.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/tatooine/forttusken.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/tatooine/squillcavern.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/tatooine/hutthideout.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/tatooine/tuskenBunker.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/tatooine/beetlecave.lua")

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Dathomir

RunCreatureFile("spawns/dathomir/staticSpawns.lua")

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Corellia

RunCreatureFile("spawns/corellia/staticSpawns.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/corellia/afarathuCave.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/corellia/drallCave.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/corellia/lordNyaxCult.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/corellia/rogueCorsec.lua")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--Dantooine

RunCreatureFile("spawns/dantooine/forceCrystalHuntersCave.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/dantooine/jantaCave.lua")
RunCreatureFile("spawns/dantooine/kungaCave.lua")

someone posted this on the Emu forum its a file that lists spawns currently spawning

-------
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:41 pm 

You'll see more creatures in the near future. Most of the creatures we saw in the wild originated from two types of lairs;

1) Wild lairs that spawned/respawned dynamically and
2) Mission lairs

There were a few lair-less wild spawns too that roamed the countryside. Once they get the lairs working correctly, we'll be seeing a population boom of critters to slaughter. Scout skills and harvesting are now iimplemented as well, so that's snowballing right now.

Things that need tested right now (I'll have to see what's on the public TC right now compared to what we're testing on the private server) are resource stacking - all different types, and now creature resource harvesting and making sure the bones, meats, hides are stacking properly.

But remember, it's still just a test center. It's not in a state to just login and "play" yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:48 pm 

Oh and for the best place to hunt random creatures: Dathomir is the best place IMO. I never have a problem finding rancors and those pterodactly-looking things (I've completely forgotten their name), and Singing Mountain clans.

There's just so many more base systems that need to be in place before we see populated worlds as we knew it.

But the game will happen, that is something I think people can say for certain now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:43 pm 

Tetran wrote:
Oh and for the best place to hunt random creatures: Dathomir is the best place IMO. I never have a problem finding rancors and those pterodactly-looking things (I've completely forgotten their name), and Singing Mountain clans.

There's just so many more base systems that need to be in place before we see populated worlds as we knew it.

But the game will happen, that is something I think people can say for certain now.

Agreed 100%, I have been on EMU's before and this is by far the farthest along I have seen one progress.

And yep my kids are on Dathomir just about every day :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:01 pm 

Pop on over to spraticnet.com and create a forum account if you haven't already. Shoot me a PM there when you do so I can grant you access to the Avian section there we created a long time ago.

It'd be nice if we could generate a guild presence there from those interested in playing when it goes live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:31 pm 
Spammer

RyricKrael - Tetran...dont really post but registered out of curiosity earlier this week

-------
"Gone Section Five"