Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Curfew
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:26 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

The Curfew is a curious little browser-based game commissioned by Channel 4 (UK terrestrial TV channel). It's has an educational aim covering civil liberties. The context is very much along the lines of V for Vendetta and is set in the UK.

It's done in flash and is rather video heavy. I've played a little bit of it, and what I have played is quite interesting, though it doesn't run terribly well on my Linux netbook (stupid driver issues!).

I've quoted below a little review.

PC Gamer UK wrote:
The Curfew is a browser-based adventure game commissioned by Channel 4 as part of a series of free educational games. It aims to raise awareness about civil liberties issues amongst youngsters, but the unnerving tale it tells will appeal to anyone.

Top secret data has fallen into your hands and you're confined to a safe house while your partner in crime distracts the authorities. Your task is to win the trust of the four people in the room and successfully hand off the precious data capsule to the right person. As you speak to each character, their individual story unfolds, painting a disturbing picture of an authoritarian society in which young people are literally branded as second class citizens, and games are sold on street corners with all the cloak-and-dagger secrecy of a drug deal.

There are few puzzles to speak of, and character interaction is confined to a few question and answer sessions in between flash backs. It's more a piece of interactive fiction than a fully featured game, but with an infectious sense of paranoia and a great story, The Curfew is a thought-provoking adventure.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)