Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: YRM is official!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:50 pm 
Spammer

It's finally been voted in as an Avian Wing! GTR Avian Moon will have it's own forum shortly. It's not too late to get in on the action, for those interested. You can join anytime by visiting http://uk.racingmanager.yahoo.net/yraci ... rsicht.jsp.

Once you've created your racing team, post a message about it, and we'll put you on the roster for GTR Avian Moon racing team!

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:08 pm 
Spammer

Quote:
FIRST!
in the new forum! yay for YRM! :P

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:15 pm 
Spammer

I currently have two teams:
  • Gone Section 8
  • Gone Section 8 Again
Are we going to add them to the Character Listings? :twisted:

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:19 pm 
Spammer

Master Gui-Jan wrote:
I currently have two teams:
  • Gone Section 8
  • Gone Section 8 Again
Are we going to add them to the Character Listings? :twisted:

I'd like to, if Obo would permit it. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:38 am 
Spammer

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I like to give the impression of high speeeeed.

WoW - Dalaran: Bolg Golga Virrok All Retired
SWG - Golga Bolg - Doctor (Resident) Retired
Eve - Edge Finn - Limbo
Section 2 - (Former) Director
What am I playing now?: The waiting game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:41 am 

We've dropped a couple more places and one of the cars has left the group. We are now down to 43 cars - still space for 7 more.

Has anybody sent out any recruitment messages in-game? The easiest way to do this is to send out messages to all other cars you're racing against each race - or, to avoid being called a Spammer (some people have been known to get a bit pissy), you can be selective and look for the cars who are not in a group yet.

I'm currently running a strategy where I am aiming not to get points in the first half of the season; I'm dropping down the groups and doing a mad dash at the end.

It would be interesting to find out what everyone else's strategies are? :D

Enter MoonWorld

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:21 pm 
Spammer

Moon wrote:
The easiest way to do this is to send out messages to all other cars you're racing against each race - or, to avoid being called a Spammer (some people have been known to get a bit pissy), you can be selective and look for the cars who are not in a group yet.

Hehe, whatever, the pissy ones aren't going to join anyway, nor do we want them. :D

My strat is to compete each week. Waiting may be viable but a few weeks after you start your dash you will still be up with the big boys and girls and need to be competitive anyway.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:12 pm 

I've been competing week after week for 8 seasons and seemed to be stuck on max 60 points at the end of each one. This way I'm hoping to drop so far down the groups by not upgrading the car that when I eventually do (with lots of money) I'll be so competitive I'll get a few wins in a row before meeting the big boys!

The competition this season is amazing! The cars are much, much faster - and there are a lot more of them that have been asleep for a few seasons and are now racing (I know people with over 50 cars!!).

And if it doesn't work ... I'll just go back to the way I've done it in the past :D

Enter MoonWorld

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:38 am 
Spammer

The competition is good, and poor old schlubs like me probably won't be able to compete. I guess I see your point of waiting until mid season then trying to make a dash. I just think when you get caught up close to those guys in mid season you will be right where the rest of us are, battling cars that are perhaps a bit better than yours. I wish you luck, and hope the strategy bears out. If it does, I may try it next season.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:29 am 

tobiasds wrote:
I wish you luck, and hope the strategy bears out.

Thank you - and so do I :D It's hard work seeing all that money; the temptation to spend, spend, spend - especially now whilst I'm not getting many points - is very great! I WILL stick with it though for the good of the group and all of humanity :kenny:

Enter MoonWorld