Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Death plus my revenge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:13 am 
Site Admin

I got killed lastnight doing a silicon run that netted me 1.3mil per run lastnight. 3 of the jumps where in .3 space but the payoff was worth the risk. I, thankfully, took the time to set up insta's since i knew I'd be making the run a few times. Returning from my very first run with a full load I spotted a battleship as I entered my final destination region. I warped as fast as I could to dock but in my haste I hit Dock and not my Insta bookmark. She warped in behind me and zapped me 3000m from docking.

Thankfully my hold was empty. I lost 3 cargo extenders and 2 giant containers, I had 3 in my hold but one I had set a password on (you can do that in dock if you want) so it and all its contents stayed around - which was good because I had a 240k skill book in there.

Buying a new ship and using my instas this time I slipped past the battleship as it had returned to its patrol of the gate I needed to use to get into and out of the system. With my insta dock it couldnt catch me before I docked. After about 10 minutes of waiting in dock I took a shuttle and launched to see if the coast was clear. It was. loading my new Badger II I undocked and hurried to scoop my remianing giant container and redocked.

Now the question was, do I buy more Silicon from the dock station and risk a run? Bah, why not! buying 8mil worth of .5 volume silicon that had a 30isk per 1m3 profit I undocked and insta'd to my first gate (where the battleship was waiting). out of warp, perfect approach, the Battleship starts to lock BAM I jump out of the system - perfect. Using my points I quickly travel the other 3 jumps and make a nice profit.

dare I do it again? ha! Jumping back into system but this time I have to warp out and not just jump. warping is slower to boot up and with a battleship gaining lock by the second those are very long seconds let me tell you! I make it, 1, 2, 3 times I slip back and forth from the battleship! I switch up my docking points just to keep her on her toes and each time I slip by in my defenseless Badger II. Daring not to taunt her she does message via Local damning me for slipping by, which gave the Capt. Mel in me a great smile.

grossing over 5mil isk all the while slipping past a Minmitar battleship determined to bring me down. All in all it was worth the loss of a ship to then seek my revenge by giving a pirate the slip time and time again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:37 am 
Spammer

Sounds liek a great time (and a good profit to boot).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:12 am 
Spammer

great story!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, Great story. Cant wait till I cam get a taste of that action!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

I assume she didn't have a warp scrambler then? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:12 pm 

Woot!

Welcome to the wonderful world of smuggling! :)

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:26 pm 

That was a cool read.

If the battleship were to catch you then I assume he/she would get your loot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Obo wrote:
I assume she didn't have a warp scrambler then? :)

She did, she scrambled me the first time when we where outside the Dock. But you have to be within a certain amount to scramble someone. Most pirates sit back at max range fro the gate to snipe you though so I think seh was just to far out.

--
Yes if you get killed a container is released with the contents of your hold and even some of your fitted gear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:27 pm 
Spammer

I got killed too. Something about contraband :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:08 am 
Spammer

You should mail that one to her. :)

Reminds me of the "Garbage" episode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:20 am 
Spammer

How do these "instas" work?

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:29 am 

tobiasds wrote:
How do these "instas" work?

Instawarps are bookmarks (Waypoints) that you make 15 kilometers past your destination so that when you warp to the bookmark you end up at the destination instead.

See the closest you can warp to any waypoint or object is 15 kilometers. Since the bookmark is 15 kilometers past the destination you actually end up on top of your destination.

Instas take preperation to make in the first place, but they are copyable and tradable and you can even find whole route sets for sale on the escrow market. (The escrow market is found in stations in the missions menu under escrow. Be sure to look at the details of what ever you buy here as the description given is typed in by the seller and may not reflect the actual item being sold)

To make a bookmark you open your people and places menu and at the bottom you hit the "create bookmark" button when you are in the location you want to bookmark.

You can't remotly place a bookmark, but you can name it what you want and organize them into folders for different applications.

-LA