Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm ready to sign up.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:52 am 
Spammer

I downloaded the trial of EVE earlier in the week, made a character, and emailed Aeric. I haven't been on since then, but I did select the 25day skill to train in, so I'm not really losing anything, even if I'm not being effecient. I have also yet to complete the tutorial. With WoW being all kinds of squirrely, though, I think I'll start playing this game for a while.

A couple of questions, though.

What race do I need to be? Does it matter? Can we all be in the same corp regardless? (I think so, but I'm not certain.) Can I ever edit, alter, or otherwise adjust my initial character pic?

What skills do I need? What should I start with. There's a lot of good info in this forum, and probably a lot more in teh private one (can I have access please?) but I've not been able to find it all in an organized place. This game is big enough to need a decent FAQ. I've started reading the guide on the official site that LA linked to, but I'm still not sure what I need to start doing.

I did get Frigate IV that I remember Moge going on about, so that part is good.

What do I need to do to get into the corp? Anything else I should know?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:14 am 
Spammer

Cetera wrote:
A couple of questions, though.

Answers:
Race doesn't really matter, your attributes matter (and different races have different attributes). But, attributes don't really matter for anything, they only set how fast (or slow) you learn skills. I'd suggest you pick one who has a picture you'd like to look at for a while.

We can all be in the same corp regardless.

You can pay $10 online to change your initial toon pic.

You need to start out with: Frigate IV. It'll be listed on the bottom of the screen. Just choose all your skills so that when you mouse over the icon next to the school it tells you that you're getting a Frigate skill.

The first three skills you need are all under the learning tree (you have to buy skill books for 45k ISK in the market under Skills->Skills). this is the order you should do it in:
- Instant Recall 1
- Analytical Mind 1
- Learning 1 (you might already have one of these at level 1 from your schools, look on your toon sheet)
- Instant Recall 2
- Analytical Mind 2
- Learning 2
- Instant Recall 3
- Analytical Mind 3
- Learning 3
- Do these up to Level 4

- Start getting mining skills and other skills when you need them to play with the rest of us

To get to the corp, come to one of our corp offices listed in the sticky thread and join.

Nothing else really you need to know.. other than: When doing missions (initially), you can make 30k ISK/hour. When mining solo, you can make $50k/hour, when mining with us in a group, you can usually make 500k ISK/hour.

Doing the first 8 missions helps, but mostly to figure out how to do some things within the game. At the end, you'll get an implant worth 300K.

When selling things that you loot, many times it's cheaper to just refine them and sell the minerals. Prices vary at every station you go to, some don't buy... some don't sell. It's like tradewars that way, but much more complex.
[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:16 am 
Spammer

Quote:
You can pay $10 online to change your initial toon pic.

did not know that...thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:20 am 
Spammer

You'll make much more money and learn a whole bunch more, NOT, doing the 8 missions after the tutorial. You can keep them for tiems when you aren't mining, will just be casually looking at the game (setting auto destinations and coming back 10 minutes later to deal with a few things).

Ultimately, I was disappointed in the implant (+1 int boost for me) for the time it took to put into the missions, I could have easily made that mining solo or with the group.

I made about 100K in 15-20 minutes mining solo yeasterday and I can't wait to get into the group setting.