Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Interesting mission
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:21 pm 
Spammer

I found a 16 quality agent that gives just about all combat missions in Adrel system so I have been doing a bunch. Every so often one drops an Angel ships log with a discrete number attached to it. Reading the log gives various messages but always mentions another system. Going to that system and finding the facility mentioned in the log starts a deadspace mission.

On the one I went on it mentioned how the pirate who left the log (he wouldn't be needing it anymore thanks to me ;) ) kidnapped a woman and took her to another system. Unfortunately for me that system was 15 jumps away. I jumped there and in the system was an Angel mining facility just like in the log. Going to that facility there is deadspace jump gate that requires a key. Destroy the facility with the key and then jump. When I entered that system there were about 25-30 ships and defense turrets including an angel cruiser, the first I have fought. After kiting out of range of the turrets I destroyed the fleet then turned on the turrets. Another jump gate requiring another key is in the system. Get the key and jump and enter another system with many more turrets this time but also ships including another cruiser.

After I cleaned up this group there was deadspace control facility in the middle of the area. Destroying it drops a 5th tier overseer's effects. Earlier in this mission I got a 3rd and 4th. I never figured out where the girl was and since this mission was so massive I ran out of ammo and had to quit. It was really challenging in my frigate though and I am curious if there is a way to find and save the girl.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

That was probably a Complex. These are great fun for both solo and group missions. They are basically static jump gates that lead to dungeons.

Use your ingame browser with this link
http://www.asgard-ind.com/complexList.p ... offset=225

It will list the ones that are known. They are ranked to 10 so 10/10 is very hard. 1/10 or 2/10 are pretty easy.

I didnt know that they dropped coordinates from those messages though. That is very cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:46 pm 
Spammer

I got the missing girl one as well, but had no idea how to "work it"...lol! Thanks for the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:23 am 

Yeah, like most things in EVE, the mission system seems weak at first glance, but turns out that it is fery complex and diverse.

Agents can give out a variety of missions including kill, delivery, research and crafting missions that I know of.

And agent offers often require you to aquire certain goods in exchange for items or money from the agent in addition to the loyalty points they demand.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:46 pm 
Spammer

dbakke wrote:
I got the missing girl one as well, but had no idea how to "work it"...lol! Thanks for the info.

Well doesn't give coordinates exactly. It will give a system name and mention a specific facility such as angel mining facility. Jumping in to that system you will find the facility with a deadspace jumpgate that you can then warp to, but you have to destroy something there to earn the key. When you try to use the jump gate it basically tells you what you have to take out.

We can find a bitching hard one to do as a group but with careful planning and lot's of kiting these aren't as hard as you might think when you jump in and see 25 ships and 5 turrets.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.