Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Manufacturing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 am 
Site Admin

Same topic as we have in the Private forums but i wanted to open it up to everyong here.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard ... dID=260053
Found this thread. Basically it is a dev request thread asking for ideas an input on what to do next. Not really that valuable as most of us are still learning what the heck to do in Manufacturing but it is interesting none the less.

So we have read the manuals on manufacturing and we are still lost - or I am. I know there are several types of research to do. Is doing research on something worthwhile?

Anyway, just wanted to open this thread so that the TCO-E guys can also add their input as they already have a Battleship or two under their belt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:30 am 
Site Admin

So I did some digging on Battleship BPC's tonight.
You can buy a Megathron BPC for about 1mil.
They Retail for about 100mil
The total resources to build one for yourself costs about 89mil (using Essense prices so probably lower but a few mil).

To build 1 Battleship (almost all battleships are roughly the same requirements) it takes: (in mineral units)
7.6mil Tritanium
1.9mil Pyerite
477k Mexallon
119k Isogen
30k Nocxium
7k Zydrine
2k Megacyte

I'll need to relook at the mineral costs in the morning to confirm the total mineral cost prices but that should be close.

Bottom line. If we make a Corp Project to start saving resources we could end up saving 100's of millions of credits - OR - we can continue to sell what we gather and make 100's of millions of credits. We can probably save about 10-20million credits off the retail vs. mineral sale cost of a Battleship if we mine the minerals ourselves.

At any rate I think we should start donating some amount of resources to the Corp after every mining event. Maybe cut the corp in for a half or full share? This way we will atleast have something in the reserve.

I'll also look at costs for battlecruisers as those have a very nice mining yield and protection ratio and should have a much lower resoure cost.

I am planning on building my own Battleship in a few weeks. For now I am saving up resources. It's slow going but I have quite a lot of Ore saved up for when I get my refining skills up. I should have about
1.75mil tritanium
543k Pyerite
269k Mexallon
Thats from about 3 days of solo mining mainly mining Plag and Veld in and around Mies (no thiefs or anti-macro squads in Mies - no anyone for that matter).