Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:24 am 
Spammer

Hey all,

X2 and Aeric are managing the crafting for Avian. They've asked us to improve Avian faction with "Federal Admin". If we have good corp standing with them, it'll minimize crafting and refining costs, so that we can all make more money on mining opps or when building things. It'll also minimize taxes when buying at one of their stations.

Level 1 missions are very easy... you won't need many combat skills. A frigate with 2 guns and 2 missile launchers is plenty, though I'd really recommend a Shield Booster.

To get a list of all agents a corp has is pretty easy in game. If you find one agent from that corp, you right click to "Show Info". Then, you click on their corp picture and it'll show the details of that corporation... who they like/hate, and where/who all of their agents are.

It's easiest to add them to get the list above, then to drag each one a folder in your agents list. I made a "Fed Admin" folder.

There are 9 Fed Admin agents that give Level 1 missions. After we get enough standing, we'll be able to do Level 2 missions, which pay a ton more and have much nicer rewards. Higher quality increases payouts. You can always decline missions, though I'm not sure if that ruins future rewards. Once you work for an agent, they'll send you an email with an offer to trade in loyalty points for goods.

They are:
Jurlesel VI - Moon 20 - FAIC -- (Admin) -- Patier Eyron
Jurlesel VI - Moon 20 - FAIC -- (Admin) -- Naille Asman
Osmeden III - FAIC -- (Admin) -- Lomferent Nottarrelle
Alles VII - Moon 16 - FABO (Archives) -- Arnadelau Auvergne
Atier II - FAA - - (Archives) -- Rattinck Elellem
Aice II - Moon 1 - FAIC -- (Personnel) - Vlalesette Vocque
Adacyne IV - Moon 14 - FABO -- (Personnel) - Maunc Alesier
Luminaire VII - Caldari Prime - FAIC -- (Public Relations) - Eloed Ambekel
Algogille IX - Moon 3 - FAIC -- (Public Relations) - Olanne Grasternes

Doing the two at Jurlesel to Lum to Aice to Algogile works pretty well... it seems to work best to have 2-3 missions going on at once.

Anyway, good luck! They make for a good break from combat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:10 am 

Turning down a mission does not have an effect unless you turn down another mission with that agent in a given time period in which case you loose standing.

If you risk loosing standing by turning down a mission the agent gives you a warning box telling you so.

Generally combat missions earn you standing faster than delivery missions and storyline missions faster than combat. But Storyline missions are very specific and it's not likely you'll get a storyline agent for Fed Admin.

And just a reminder. Save up your loyalty points until you are at least over 10,000 so you start getting the really great offers from your agent. Faction ships and really nice tier 2 equipment takes a lo of loyalty points in trade.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:27 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the info! So Yak, have you managed to set up some kind of Agent triangle? Up until now I have only done one mission at a time, but from you text I get the feeling you are doing a few at once, possibly making the most out of your travel.

I am interested in any tips, strats that will help make Agent missions better, faster, more rewarding for the time spent.

BTW, one tip I have: If you have plenty of ISK, get yourself a fighting ship that can breeze through missions. I was grinding it out with my mining frigate sometimes having a rough go at it. Eventually I lost my ship! It was insured, but I lost a lot of time trying to re-equip. Now I have a fighting frigate, and a mining frigate. They really are cheep in the grand scheme of things, so there is no reason to not have a fighting frigate equipped to handle Agent combat missions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:12 am 
Spammer

Cyrus Rex wrote:
BTW, one tip I have: If you have plenty of ISK, get yourself a fighting ship that can breeze through missions. I was grinding it out with my mining frigate sometimes having a rough go at it. Eventually I lost my ship! It was insured, but I lost a lot of time trying to re-equip. Now I have a fighting frigate, and a mining frigate. They really are cheep in the grand scheme of things, so there is no reason to not have a fighting frigate equipped to handle Agent combat missions.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that, but with a cruiser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:04 am 

You can also refit ships quickly for mining or combat.

I have a Ferox (Caldari Battlecruiser) that I mostly use for mining with this setup.

5 Mining Laser II
2 Heavy Missile Launchers (Widowmaker missiles)
3 Large Shield Extenders
2 Shield Rechargers
2 CPU enhancers
2 Cargo Expander I

But if I plan to do some combat missions I can easily refit in a few minutes to my combat loadout.

5 Heavy Missile Launchers (3/2 Thunderbolt/Widowmaker missiles)
3 Large Shield Extenders
1 100MN Afterburner
1 Large Shield Booster
4 Power Upgrades

That way I can use the same ship to go out mining or to give the bad guys a Ha! and a Hiya! and a waaaaAAAAAHH! and I kick them..

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

for lvl 1 missions I use 2 frigates - Moge has limited ship skills. I use the fastest frigate I can find, fill the Lows with Nanofibers, 1Mn AB and no weapons.

I also use a combat Frigate. One with better combat slots and attributes. Fit that for combat in that standard way.

This way I can easily get a mission, and choose the best ship for the job. Yeah I could probably use the same ship but Frigates are very cheap and switching ships is often easier than always refitting for delivery or combat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

The problem I had with my mining frigate is that it did not have enough ass to keep my shields up. I would strip down all my mining gear and refit it with it with guns and armor, but my shield booster would cause me to empty the capacitor too quickly..... after that it was only a matter of time. Usually I would warp out of there when things got bad... but the last time I almost had the rats whipped.... almost.

My new combat ship has enough ass for all the gear I had previously been forced to do without. I will train up missiles and rockets and then this ship will be a four-gun can of fire power!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:15 pm 
Spammer

Cyrus Rex wrote:
My new combat ship has enough ass for all the gear I had previously been forced to do without. I will train up missiles and rockets and then this ship will be a four-gun can of fire power!

Make sure you can take missle turrets for your ship.

My Vexor Cruiser can't use those :(.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

yeah for PVE missles rule. Ive been looking at the Brutix but my problem with it is lack of Missle Turrents. Gallente sure like their guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:33 pm 
Spammer

Moge, which was the thread you had talking about MWDs? I just got one, and am looking at improving ops...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.avian-gamers.net/forums/view ... hlight=mwd

Search is a wonderful thing :wink:

Grats on the MWD. They are ton of fun. I load it in different ships and do speed tests. Top speed to date is 1500M/s But Im sure that can easily be beaten with the right ship, skills and loadout.