Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:16 am 
Spammer

Either that, or I have to pay more attention to the details while I do this.

fortunately, I was getting my feet wet in a single system. But, I did notie, that i tend to buy something and move to the next system. You have to move the good from the item screen to the cargo screen.

Any way to have that automatically happen? Though, I figured I could make myself a checklist for doing that.

The system that I was in Bille, seemed to have plenty of issues with the stations. Half of them require you to move away from the station before engaging warp...kinda lame collision detection for a simple warp. Using Control + <A> helps get you out of this. Seems to work better than mouse clicks for some reason.

Trading, to me, seems best if you can do this mostly AFK and do frequently. Set up a trade that is many jumps away (for good profit) and let the autopilot do most of the work.

As, I tend to not have that time, I may have to go solo mining. Any hints on that? Should I use secure cans if I solo mine?

Either solo mining or I'll use the time to do agent runs as that benefits the group as well. The ISK won't be as good, initially, but the long term gains may be excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:08 pm 
Spammer

Mining seems to be the most profitable of anything I've seen.

Trading can get you a good profit if 1) You have a huge hold, 2) You do tons of research and watch lots of data to find good routes (as they seem to constantly be changing)... I don't have 1 and don't want to do 2.

Agent missions take alot of time... 85% seems to be on autopilot. I spent the last three days just doing agent missions... pick up three or four, build a jump list, then jump. Go play with the dog or wife or watch a movie/football, then come back every 10 minutes to dock and drop-off/pick-up. Not much of a payoff, but relatively easy to do without much attentio

With Connections 2, I've gotten into the Level 2 agent missions, which are paying much better. It seems that once you get up towards level 3, the payoffs are really nice (akin to mining)... but the missions are much much harder... barely solo-able with a Battle Cruiser.

So... you pick. Realtively boring with lots of payoff (solo mining), Tons of attention with lots of payoff (trading), or small attention with mediocre payoff and good status benefit to the corp (missions).

Of course, if you just want cash, drop $20 and buy some ISK. :)