Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:33 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

As most of you should know, I've set myself up as a manufacturer. I'm looking to raise some capital so that I can expand my business and therefore am asking people to become private investors in my venture. If you are interested it will work as follows:

Investments should be in multiples of 1 million ISK (If I'm feeling nice, I'll accept multiples of 500k)
This can be in cash (Just send it to me in game with an EVEmail saying that it's an investment)
Or in resources, where I value the minerals per unit as:
Isogen 100.00 ISK
Megacyte 4,000.00 ISK
Mexallon 10.00 ISK
Morphite 20,000.00 ISK
Nocxium 300.00 ISK
Pyerite 4.00 ISK
Tritanium 1.50 ISK
Zydrine 4,000.00 ISK

Share dividends will be paid on or soon after the first of each month and will be a share of 15% of the profits made. Currently, this amounts to about 50k to be shared among the shareholders but I expect that to improve as I move on to bigger and better items.

I will also buy minerals at the above prices that are not considered an investment in the company.

My first task is to buy in more BPOs. I'm looking particularly at ships. I intend to start by making Frigates and working up so if anyone can suggest the best frigate to start off with or that there is most demand for, please let me know.

I'm currently selling all my wares at our home station in Duripant. This isn't necessarily the best place to sell everything so I may later on look at employing brokers or traders to sell my goods where they would get a better profit. This would be done on a basis of I sell the goods to the traders at a fixed price. The trader would then sell them on for a profit elsewhere and anything they make over the base price I set, they get to keep. I will also pay a set fee for the service would would provide the income should no profit be gained.

So if anyone wishes to invest or has any questions, please put them here. The investment opertunity is open only to members of the Avian and TCO-E Corps in game. Any money received from anyone else will either be returned or considered a generous donation :)

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:15 pm 
Spammer

Are you limiting the number of shares in this IPO? Are you setting one share at 1mil ISK? Are you paying out 15% to each share, or 15% divided equally amongst all shares?

Are shares resellable to other entities/individuals? How will you keep track of shares?

How are "profits" defined for being subject to payout?

Do you need to hire a financial advisor to help you with these decisions and keep the books?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:18 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Cetera wrote:
Are you limiting the number of shares in this IPO? Are you setting one share at 1mil ISK? Are you paying out 15% to each share, or 15% divided equally amongst all shares?
No limit on the number of shares currently. Each share is 1mil ISK. 15% divided equally among all shares.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:42 pm 
Spammer

Updated my questions above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:26 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Cetera wrote:
Are shares resellable to other entities/individuals? How will you keep track of shares?
Shares are not resellable (mainly as there's nothing tangiable attached to them). If a shareholder no longer wishes to hold the shares, I will buy them back for the amount paid. Shares are kept track of on a Named basis, whereby I log which people have how many shares.

Cetera wrote:
How are "profits" defined for being subject to payout?
Trading Profit - Sales minus expenses (not including capital costs, which are in this case BPOs). I have set up some account sheets, that I can provide which should be reasonably self explanitary (though I need a better way of presenting them than an excel spreadsheet). These I'm thinking of destributing to shareholders on a monthly basis.

Cetera wrote:
Do you need to hire a financial advisor to help you with these decisions and keep the books?
I would hope not. I have done a course which covers exactly this sort of business management so I think I'm ok for now. Running this in game will prove whether I've actually learnt anything from it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:09 pm 
Spammer

You're only making 50K a month in sales? Ouch, that sucks. You definitely need the help. And if I'm getting paid out of profits without calculating capital, I'll go for it. I'll take one share immediately, and maybe more later. Are you going to let us all know how many people have bought shares?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:26 pm 

I'll take 25 shares.

I can do 17 shares in minerals and I'll do the other 8 in cash. That should be enough for you to get a BPO or two and build something.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:34 pm 
Spammer

I'll do 5 in cash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:42 am 
Spammer

Yeah, I can do 10 in cash, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:24 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

Cetera wrote:
You're only making 50K a month in sales? Ouch, that sucks. You definitely need the help.
Well admittedly I'm only selling Ammunition at the moment and I've only been selling for about two weeks. The aim is to use this investment to start selling ships and make a decent amount of money.

Cetera wrote:
Are you going to let us all know how many people have bought shares?
Well everyone who wants them will likely post here so you'll know that way. Also, assuming I recieve no objections, I'm proposing to name each of the shareholders alongside the quantity of their respective investments within the accounts I produce. These accounts I'm going to try and work into some sort of website so that I don't have to distribute .xls files to everyone each month!

Those of you who are buying shares in cash, please send the money to me in game if you haven't already, preferably along with an EVEmail saying that you've send it. I'll mail receipts next time I log in.

LA, if you're happy to compile the minerals, please do so and escrow it to me (preferably in the Inghenges system, but I can collect from virtually any high sec system.). If you want, I can send you a list of the proportions of the minerals that I need.

Want I'd like to know from each of you buying shares is your opinions on which BPOs you think I should go for. In the ships line, I think Gallente is the best bet as we'll mostly be selling in Gallente space. So starting with Frigates and then moving upwards, I'd like you to do a bit of research and tell me which particular ship in that class would likely sell best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:52 am 

X2-PB wrote:
LA, if you're happy to compile the minerals, please do so and escrow it to me (preferably in the Inghenges system, but I can collect from virtually any high sec system.). If you want, I can send you a list of the proportions of the minerals that I need.

I allready escrowed it to you at Luminaire VII moon 6. I would go ahead and cancel the escrow and move it to Ingh, but the problem is that I can't seem to find a way to even view escrows I've made let alone cancel them.

Yeah if you want to post praportions of minerals you need I can prolly work out getting more for you in the near future. The batch I escrowed you is prolly lopsidedly Isogen, (I did 14 shares in just Isogen) But I also figured that would be the hardest one for you to aquire at the 100 IPU value.

X2-PB wrote:
Want I'd like to know from each of you buying shares is your opinions on which BPOs you think I should go for. In the ships line, I think Gallente is the best bet as we'll mostly be selling in Gallente space. So starting with Frigates and then moving upwards, I'd like you to do a bit of research and tell me which particular ship in that class would likely sell best.

If you can, you should prolly get battlecruiser and battleship BPOs as soon as you can, my guess this is where most players tend to level out skillwise and prolly have the best profit margins.

Frigates and industrials however get purchased by everyone and are prolly replaced more often as well. Plus the BPOs are certainly cheaper.

If you end up with enough initial investment, you might also want to look into getting a BPO for the mid level and top level mining Barge. I'm guessing they prolly don't take a ton of resources to make and are another ship that a large portion of the population purchases. And since the Ore Barges are universal you should end up with a larger portion of the community as a customer base than you would with say a single races frigates.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:37 pm 
Spammer

Man, I wish I was rich enough to buy all those shares. LA, care to loan me some funds so I can buy shares? lol.

I did email you the funds for my miserly one share last night, Antan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 pm 
Spammer

Cetera wrote:
Man, I wish I was rich enough to buy all those shares.

Don't feel bad. I really can't afford to buy one share at the moment. Trying to get my battlecruiser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

X2, this evening when I am able to get in game I will look at my account and give you want I can part with.

As far as what BOPs are most needed, the old-timers like LA probably know best. I know there are at least two ship components that I have been interested in buying, but they are never available. I would think things like that would be profitable because if people are like me they would pay almost anything whenever it popped up in the market.

I can think of only one such item at this time and that is the Expanded Cargohold II. I will take note of the next item I cannot find in the market. I would guess there is a reason this and other items like this are not being sold… but I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Cyrus Rex wrote:
I can think of only one such item at this time and that is the Expanded Cargohold II. I will take note of the next item I cannot find in the market. I would guess there is a reason this and other items like this are not being sold… but I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

You won't find it anywhere, it's not in the game yet.

Amy, there is a "show escrow missions issued by me" option staring you in the face. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:10 pm 
Spammer

Angus MacGregor wrote:
Cetera wrote:

Don't feel bad. I really can't afford to buy one share at the moment. Trying to get my battlecruiser.

I'm a far cry away from my battlecruiser. I haven't gotten to level 2 missions yet, and I've only participated in two mining ops. I have a ton of skills to be trained, though! Woohoo! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

Cetera wrote:
Angus MacGregor wrote:
Cetera wrote:

I'm a far cry away from my battlecruiser. I haven't gotten to level 2 missions yet, and I've only participated in two mining ops. I have a ton of skills to be trained, though! Woohoo! :D

You should really get Connections II (if not III) and Social II. I did maybe 10 lvl 1 missions before I had enough faction for lvl II -16 agents. For lvl II combat missions all you really need is a nice Cruiser and your set.

You see a very nice increase in ISK with LVL II guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:52 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Here's the bad news: BPOs for BSs and BCs come in at several hundred mil ISK so they're out of the question for the time being.

I'm proposing to purchase BPOs for the Navitas Gallente Frig, at 202,500 ISK; the Tristan Gallente Frig, at 2,542,500 ISK; and the Iteron V, at 10,125,000 ISK. Any objections?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:56 pm 
Spammer

Are investors your quasi-board, too? Still, it probably is a good idea to run things like this by LA and Co, as they seem to know a lot about the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:13 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Cetera wrote:
Are investors your quasi-board, too?
Basically, yes. In fact, if I ran it properly by shareholder percentage, LA actually owns 60% of the company! Obviously, I want final say in what I do (wouldn't be fun otherwise) but I'll certainly open things out to the Shareholders either so that you know what I'm doing or so that you can place objections/suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:26 pm 
Spammer

Actually, you decide how many shares are in your company.

You could say that only 60% of the total shares are available to anyone other than yourself. At the end of the day, you still need to be motivated to sell :!:

Thus, you would always retain 40% of the effective stock. (number 60/40 was arbitrary...well the 60, i just deducted 60 from 100 to get to 40 :P :roll: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

It'll take an Itty V!

My skills are up in 13days so get researching it and I'll take the first one off the line :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:38 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Oh and this shouldn't worry anyone but LA (who probably won't be worried anyway!) but 5% of the profits will be given to Avian each month as a Corporation Tax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:43 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Arindel wrote:
Actually, you decide how many shares are in your company.

You could say that only 60% of the total shares are available to anyone other than yourself. At the end of the day, you still need to be motivated to sell :!:

Thus, you would always retain 40% of the effective stock. (number 60/40 was arbitrary...well the 60, i just deducted 60 from 100 to get to 40 :P :roll: )
True, but I do feel obliged to actually pay for my shares :) Especially considering that there is nothing distingishing between my cash and the company cash other than the accounts and so if I don't have the cash in my account neither does the company have the cash!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

Ill take 5 shares. 5mil was sent ingame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:58 pm 

X2-PB wrote:
Cetera wrote:
Are investors your quasi-board, too?
Basically, yes. In fact, if I ran it properly by shareholder percentage, LA actually owns 60% of the company! Obviously, I want final say in what I do (wouldn't be fun otherwise) but I'll certainly open things out to the Shareholders either so that you know what I'm doing or so that you can place objections/suggestions.

Well I plan to invest more when I can, but you don't need to run stuff by me. I'll chime in when you ask for advice, but my knowledge of the game is still that of a noob. An advanced noob maybe, but still a noob.

EVE is so complicated that a few month experienced will get you basic knowledge of most of the high sec game, but I think a lot of what you will have to do is going to be trial and error.

I know that Battlecruiser and Battleship BPOs are extreamly costly, but in terms of returns can easily earn a profit of 40-50 million per ship. And that's figured by buying all the minerals at market prices. And when those fellas in deep space get into a spat they are loosing Battleships and tech II ships for the most part. And they can afford to replace them. So that's a good target market once you can afford it.

Frigates are a good initial investment. Everyone gets a frigate at their start een if they go on to non-combat stuff. Of course frigates are the most widely built ships too for that reason so the profit margins on them is much lower. The level 2 mining barge is widely considered the first effective mining barge and prolly has a better profit margin than frigates and might still be an affordable BPO. Plus every race uses the same barges.

Also as Obbo stated. There is equipment that is scarce in some regions. When the cargo hold IIs come out, bet your bootie they will be a hot item for a while. And even after the market has enough of them that they stick around a few days before someone snatches them up they will still be a good investment for a manufacturer.

Also there are BPOs that you can copy and sell for a profit as well if you have enough people in your corp copying all the time. Multiple people in a corporation can be copying from the same BPO at the same time. So if you can, you should have your best BPO set as a corp BPO so all you in corp investors can be copying for you. (I don't personally know how to make a BPO a corp BPO, but Taka should.)

Even if your manufacturing overturn is less than your copying overturn you can sell the extra BPCs in regions you don't plan to sell in. And copying is free, it just takes up time. Time that your investors would use is time they aren't using anyway if they aren't copying a BPO now.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:06 am 
Site Admin

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard ... dID=285529

Found this guide to manufacturing. looks pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:27 am 

Ok I put another 13 shares worth of minerals up in escrow at Luminaire VII moon 6.

Got as much low sec stuff as I could find at reasonable prices. I'm still working on finding a supply of Zydrine.

14,000 Nocxium
1,100 Megacyte
18,000 Isogen
170,000 Mexallon
225,000 Pyerite

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:49 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

LazyAmy wrote:
Ok I put another 13 shares worth of minerals up in escrow at Luminaire VII moon 6.

Got as much low sec stuff as I could find at reasonable prices. I'm still working on finding a supply of Zydrine.

14,000 Nocxium
1,100 Megacyte
18,000 Isogen
170,000 Mexallon
225,000 Pyerite

-LA
Excellent, Thanks Amy. I'll collect those next time I log in.

Current situation with the business is that I've discovered there is a fair number of skills that it would really be worth my while training before I do too much more manufacturing. These I have bought and will be training over the next few weeks.

The BPOs I have are now being researched to reduce wastage and maximise profit margins. This process will take the best part of the next month so I'm not going to be producing that many ships in the very near future.

The main set-back is the need for a great deal of the rare minerals. I currently don't have enough minerals to build even one Itty V yet alone a batch of them. I'm therefore asking anyone who collects loot on missions or finds items that they no longer need, please refine or have someone refine them and I will buy them off you at the above prices. (Those prices will likely increase next month as the need for the rarer minerals increases). If I can't get a good supply of rare minerals from within our two corps, I will have to start putting competitively priced buy orders up which will, in turn, reduce the profits.

As I said, I will be reviewing the price that I pay for minerals and provide an updated price list next month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:30 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Right, I have been doing a fair amount of coding over the last 9 days and have managed to come up with a full set of business accounts in web format for all to view. It still has some bugs, but the totals are correct.

For those that are interested in the make-up of it, the data for some key items are stored for each calendar month in a mysql database. The rest is calculated from those key items and displayed through 56kb of php code!

So you can now see the actual accounts for Karmalon Industries for Jan '06 by going to http://eve-ki.sswildfire.co.uk. (Yes, I am aware that the trading profit is negative, I've been doing lots of research for items which haven't been built yet. The profits should start to arrive this or next month.)

If anyone wants to see the actual code, say so and I'll post it in the private forums. And, if anyone knows a neat function in php to put commas in large numbers please let me know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

X2-PB wrote:
And, if anyone knows a neat function in php to put commas in large numbers please let me know!

number_format( $number )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Nice Job X2!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:45 am 

Wow nice. I like that it's all broken down into so much detail too. :)

Great work, Antar.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:09 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Obo wrote:
X2-PB wrote:
And, if anyone knows a neat function in php to put commas in large numbers please let me know!

number_format( $number )
Thanks Obo!

I plan to put a front interface on to it at some point so that different months can be accessed (Obviously that's not imminantly important!). I also haven't tested it yet, but I have a suspition that you might be able to access it in the in game browser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:17 pm 
Spammer

That's some nice work. Its good to see all that money of mine ( :wink: ) be put to good use, eh? I might be able to buy another share here soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:45 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

http://eve-ki.sswildfire.co.uk

There ya go! All large money values have commas in now so it's much easier to read!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:29 am 

antar check you PMs