Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Group Outings
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:48 pm 
Spammer

Mining:
To see if we can get more ISK and people into mining, would it make sense to turn our attention to better ores?

I hear we can find Kernite and/or Jaspet in 0.4 sec space (well Jaspet for sure). I know the omber is pretty good for soloing, but I was wondering if we could use group tactics for these events?

We could probably use a person or two as combat types (and people to set bookmarks for the group before launching). Plus, who wouldn't want a little adventure :)

Missions:
Or, we can always try to team up and do group missions (especially on non-mining respawn days)?

Thoughts? The last couple of weeks (maybe it's just me/times I log in), but the group hasn't come together to do anything and I am feeling the need to get some ISK to afford a BC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:55 pm 
Spammer

I don't think we'd make any profit in .4 asteroid belts... we'd probably lose money because we'd have to replace ships that got blown up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:58 pm 
Spammer

by PCs or NPCs?

I would think we'd be able to gear up for NPCs. Plus, some of the cargo drops would be pretty good (and Aren't you the guy who was playing around in 0.2 space the other day?) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:04 pm 
Spammer

Arindel wrote:
by PCs or NPCs?
By PCs.

Arindel wrote:
I would think we'd be able to gear up for NPCs. Plus, some of the cargo drops would be pretty good (and Aren't you the guy who was playing around in 0.2 space the other day?) :D

No, I was flying through it... quickly... screaming like a schoolgirl with a big wet stain in the crotch of my pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:05 pm 

There is no part of low sec space anywhere near high sec that is not owned by some player alliance.

This means if we venture into a .4 or lower system to do some mining, not only are we likely to loose the entire mining crew to players protecting that system, we are very likely to end up with a corp war declared on both corps and have those corps either hunt us down a lot or have them blackmail us for a great deal of reparations to end the conflict.

Now this does not mean that we can't look into paying for permission to mine in someone's low sec system. But we'd have to know how much for both corps to gain access, how many belts or systems we get access to, how many other people will also be mining those belts/systems and what kind of protection they give us against PC pirates and low sec Rats.

As for the grouping to do level 4 missions. This is a fantastic idea that we can prolly do immeadiatly. I know some TCOers allready are grouping up to do them. And I know of at least one kamakazi pilot in TCO that has done them solo.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:22 pm 
Spammer

Might be fun to try :)

But, not at this time. I've personally have alot to learn in this game, but we can't stay in 0.5+ space forever. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:15 pm 
Spammer

We need to find a low-sec space way the hell away from everyone to set up shop. I'm talking like way, way out there. Of course, then we'd have other troubles. But maybe eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:21 pm 

Cetera wrote:
We need to find a low-sec space way the hell away from everyone to set up shop. I'm talking like way, way out there. Of course, then we'd have other troubles. But maybe eventually.

Yeah this would be nice, but I have a feeling that the territories not colonized are prolly still "Claimed" by alliances populating the systems between low sec and the empty territory. So even if we could get into these empty systems and stay hidden while establishing defences there, we'd be cut off from high sec and the economic center of the galaxy.

In order to trade in the inner sphere we'd have to prolly join an alliance that owns systems that connect back to the central regions.

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:57 pm 
Spammer

LazyAmy wrote:
In order to trade in the inner sphere we'd have to prolly join an alliance that owns systems that connect back to the central regions.

-LA

That will need to happen regardless. Also, they add new systems from time to time, don't they?

It's a long ways off, but it's good to have some short, medium and long term goals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Ive been studying the map for a while now and there are places out on the rim that are damn near unpopulated. The bottom left corner of the map for example. It is 50jump from Everyshore.

Also, I like the idea of joining an alliance at some point it is definately a goal of mine. I still like ISS as a possible alliance. Mainly because they dont really do corp wars much and everyone knows and respects them. Also they have stations all around the map and not just in one area. With that they have agreements with all the 'owners' of those regions so we could travel more and be safer in 0.0 than with an alliance with any other group.

moving to 0.0 is a short/medium term goal for me personally but I would like to have 2-4million skillpoints under my belt before making a perminent move.

A good short term goal for us should be finding a low sec system where we can mine higher grade ores. Even if it means paying off the owners of that area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:18 pm 
Spammer

Hm... I wonder if we could hire ourselves out to some other alliance that "owns" a section of low sec space...

The deal would be:
Basically to mine it for them (we give them 15% of our profits), provide warning when we see their perimeters breached, guarantee we won't build any POSs, and promise to leave system if they request. In exchange, they'd have to attempt to be responsive to our cries for help if we see their enemies approaching and to allow us shelter in their ports....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:24 pm 

LazyAmy wrote:
There is no part of low sec space anywhere near high sec that is not owned by some player alliance.

There is a .4 one jump from Friggi that is usually pretty empty of PCs. Our guild is out there all the time mining. Just thought I would let know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:40 pm 

lakini81 wrote:
LazyAmy wrote:

There is a .4 one jump from Friggi that is usually pretty empty of PCs. Our guild is out there all the time mining. Just thought I would let know.

Really? Is it that you just haven't been caught or is it that you mine in a large enough force to discourage attacks?

-LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:03 pm 
Spammer

lakini81 wrote:
LazyAmy wrote:

What guild is this? How long have you been in-game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:25 am 

LazyAmy wrote:
lakini81 wrote:
LazyAmy wrote:

Really? Is it that you just haven't been caught or is it that you mine in a large enough force to discourage attacks?

-LA

We usually have a deep space safe point just incase we need it. But for the most part we mine a can or two at a time.

I am making ships for my guild and now we have two ferox's so we can handle most anything that .4 will throw at us.

We have not seen many PCs around who are interested in killing us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:27 am 

Arindel wrote:
lakini81 wrote:
LazyAmy wrote:

What guild is this? How long have you been in-game?

We are a small guild Assassin Syndicate.

I have been playing for about 23 days and shadow's a few weeks longer.

We have a friend from SWG that has been playing over a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:28 am 

LazyAmy wrote:
lakini81 wrote:
LazyAmy wrote:

-LA

Usually when we go out we have anywhere from 3 to 7 ships a few Thorax's Ferox's even have a merlin or two sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:28 pm 

And usually the people that do the killing are in battleships or assault frigates, or the like.

I got the prices for various ships in Old Man Star (a .4 system) a couple weeks ago. Gets pretty expensive for BSs and barges, but it's a week long passport... All that is in .4 though is Jaspet (plus high security ores).